Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  

** Offical Socom CF Review **

Ok this thread is for those who are waiting to get the game. Could some of you who got it, post your thoughts, initial concerns and reviews here? Thanks. I'm probably going to end up getting it this week... lol (I am a socom fan boy)... but I really want to hear about it from some of you first.

Thanks!!!

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

After I install and download the update I will lol.

There's going to be a install of over 2500mb and then a update of 473mb the install is fast so don't worry you'll play in however long it takes to download 473mbs.

So far so good. I'm in a room with over 20 people, and it's pretty smooth. Hit detection is very good. Of course graphics are off the chain.

Looks like the public beta was actually to work out some bugs, none of the issues during the beta are present now.

4 1/2 stars. Would be 5 stars if it was "perfectly smooth".

Im loving SOCOM right now. the game comes with a good sized initial download, almost 3 gigs, after that all u gotta do is download the latest patch, i got worried for a sec cause i kept getting a data corrupted message so i had to redownload everything again lol. after that i got into a game right away and i havent lagged or had any issues that plagued me in the beta. the maps look good and im a happy camper right now ;D ;D

Wow, this is great news. I guess I'll go ahead and get it tomorrow afternoon. I've heard enough here and from my Raven friends that its a different game from the beta totally. That's all I need. B)

Wow, this is great news. I guess I'll go ahead and get it tomorrow afternoon. I've heard enough here and from my Raven friends that its a different game from the beta totally. That's all I need. B)

Oh, NOW he believes me..... ;)

Just kidding, I am not talking politics here. ;D

It is... good. Graphics own, hit detection owns... I dont like how you get hung up on some of the terrain though and I would only hope and speculate that the controls will become less of a burden as I get used to them.

Desert glory... looks real as hell.

WOW, where do i start? I love this game. I played about 3 hours tonight. The game runs very smooth for me. Even having a crappy internet. ;D

The graphics are by far the greatest i have ever seen for a video game. The only problem i did have with the game, is the download time for the patch. It took me awhile.

But other then that, WOO HOO /6!!

HogWild ]

Well, we are back to 0 stars. What good is a game if you can't play it one day after it's release?

This is going to be a long and bumpy ride.... >:(

why, what happened? servers down?

It appears so. A bunch of us are online, but can't load into game. Free to bounce in and out of servers and rooms, but none of them load. Guys offline can't get past the network initialization screen. :-\

I'm waiting it out. The games I played were way too fucking cool to panic about a server hiccup on release day. ;)

BigMoneyNacku ]

It appears so. A bunch of us are online, but can't load into game. Free to bounce in and out of servers and rooms, but none of them load. Guys offline can't get past the network initialization screen. :-\

I'm waiting it out. The games I played were way too fucking cool to panic about a server hiccup on release day. ;)

dat sucks, i just got the game.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Go to Socom.com now when you do that go to the post titled firmware update now then look at how it says servers are going to be down from 11am-4pm they should just be going up right now.

well that is the worst time for server maintenance.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Go to Socom.com now when you do that go to the post titled firmware update now then look at how it says servers are going to be down from 11am-4pm they should just be going up right now.

::)

They haven't been "down" at all today. It just happened about 45 minutes ago. Right when the bulk of people prolly started downloading and loggin in.

My Review:

With the exception of the freezing, the lag, the mics, the error messages, and now the servers, the game isnt bad. So far its Socom: Combined Assault upgraded with PS3 graphics and maps. There are quite a few bells and whistles to keep people distracted from the fact that the game still has lag, mic, and server issues.

The mic is nice too. I'm glad I got it with the game too. Looks like it'll be priced at $50 by itself.

Neo_Unit001 ]

That message was from YESTERDAY.

I played it in the morning before I got to work. I LOVE SOCOM AGAIN. It was great but again the main problems are still there the key is when a lot of people are on. Its amazing when no one is on so freakin fun!! I LOVE IT!!!