Your thoughts on "Time-Outs"???

Would you rather some strange teacher Spank your child?

My daughter is going on 2 and we use the time out instead of spanking. It's in her play pen that's in the corner of the living room. We only leave in it for a few minutes so she can forget what bad thing she was doing. Too long would be abuse and I can't bring myself to spank. But you have to punish or else you get bad out of control kids.

As far as this girl 8 hours was way too long. Sounds like someone forgot she was in there. Or theres more to the story.

see then again, the child has too much power. at least in NYC that is teachers are not allowed to touch us if they do they can get fired ( non-union) transferred (union) thats how i know it because when i was in middle school this teacher threw an electric sharpener at this girl; the teacher was sent to another middle school in brooklyn.

Ah...All you youngsters...Back in the bad old days the principal or gym teacher would take to the boiler room and give us hacks with a BIG paddle when we were bad. I was on the recieving end on a few of those hacks..LoL.. All in all IMO the kids remain better behaved. I believe that they should have public spankings for juvenile offenders like in some asian countries, rather than juvenile detention or probation. I worked in the juvenile detention field and can tell you we are just making better criminals.

-REVEREND- ]

Ah...All you youngsters...Back in the bad old days the principal or gym teacher would take to the boiler room and give us hacks with a BIG paddle when we were bad. I was on the recieving end on a few of those hacks..LoL.. All in all IMO the kids remain better behaved. I believe that they should have public spankings for juvenile offenders like in some asian countries, rather than juvenile detention or probation. I worked in the juvenile detention field and can tell you we are just making better criminals.

lol reminded me of the time i was in catholic school in Ecuador ;D.

-REVEREND- ]

I think it all depends on the age group. This kid was 8! I only got spanked by my mother once & I turned out to be a very good kid! I pissed myself once in jr.High simply because the teacher would not let me go to the restroom after asking & asking.He finally let me go but I still didn't make it.

I think in this case it's totally uncalled for! Not only is it inhumane but it also defeats the purpose of the child being at school.Might as well send them home rather than lock them up.If the kid is to be "punished" it is by me & the mother only.This is punishment not discipline.

Just my view?