Be carefull of this glitch **MUST SEE**

Guest KingJunk

Guest KingJunk
Chili-Palmer ]

Thats next to impossible to police' date=' i would just stay away from that spot.

[/quote']

Thats not impossible to police for a clan that records but we are all grown men here on UF and if a member does that he should know NOT TO SHOOT! I mean sometimes guys have done it by mistake thats why I am telling people to be carefull of this because its a Glitch. Also its almost impossible to snipe somebody from down below from that area if they behind that rock!

That is a tricky thing. Plus it isn't considered a glitch it is a game flaw. It is just like being able to shoot through the juliet wall in waterworks. Sometimes the guy doesn't even realize it. Hell in waterworks it just looks like you are shooting the guys on the other side of that jump fence coming into the Terrorist spawn.

Guest [iLL] Andawg
Red0ctobeR ]

That is a tricky thing. Plus it isn't considered a glitch it is a game flaw. It is just like being able to shoot through the juliet wall in waterworks. Sometimes the guy doesn't even realize it. Hell in waterworks it just looks like you are shooting the guys on the other side of that jump fence coming into the Terrorist spawn.

You know not of which you speak. A game flaw IS A GLITCH. It's a Glitch in the programming. And anytime you are looking at an area without graphics like that, like in waterworks, you're looking into, through a glitch. IN other words, don't do it!

I know andawg and I am not saying it is right. But the way guys talk about glitches in game it is like everyone intentionally does it. Sometimes it can be done on accident. That map is full of flaws though. The building in the middle has a soft spot where you can throw grenades through the wall. Then we all just saw that one.

Guest KingJunk
Red0ctobeR ]

I know andawg and I am not saying it is right. But the way guys talk about glitches in game it is like everyone intentionally does it. Sometimes it can be done on accident. That map is full of flaws though. The building in the middle has a soft spot where you can throw grenades through the wall. Then we all just saw that one.

That is true that why I also stated that sometimes its done by mistake and other times people do do it on purpose and for the people who do it on purpose should be ashamed and they can burn in HELL!! >:(

Guest [503] _SniperWolf_

You know the problem with that glitch? It's everywhere. It's not just in Threshold. I could point out at least 3 different locations on any CA map that have the same problem. It's a bug with CA, and it doesn't happen on S3 maps for some reason.

Either way, it's very very difficult to police that because you never really know if you're shooting someone through something or not.

Maybe I'm not as attentive as everyone else, but I have NEVER seen something like that before! How do you guys find this stuff? Now I know what it means when people are saying that someone shot them through a wall or rock. This happened to us just last night playing in a war and we thought the game was just real laggy. I guess the clan we were playing knew these spots.

GREAT ... something else to worry about when warring!

Ignorance WAS bliss.

Guest KingJunk
HippieChik ]

Maybe I'm not as attentive as everyone else, but I have NEVER seen something like that before!  How do you guys find this stuff?  Now I know what it means when people are saying that someone shot them through a wall or rock.  This happened to us just last night playing in a war and we thought the game was just real laggy.  I guess the clan we were playing knew these spots.

GREAT ... something else to worry about when warring!

Ignorance WAS bliss.

Well my sweet lady thats the GREAT thing about UF you do don't have to worry about that too much here!

Actually I think this would have been better off not to bring up. I doubt most people have seen this or would have thought about doing it. Now that it's been brought to attention more people know about it.

It shouldn't have to be policed at all. This community is built on honor. If I get killed through a rock, well that doesn't say much about the person shooting and eventually you and your clan will be weeded out of this community.

There's glitches every where to take advantage of and yet we all don't for the betterment of this game and more importantly for the betterment of this great socom community. I won't think twice about standing behind that rock.

I think it's funny that anyone is worried about the "policing" of anything. Stormwatch doesn't cheat and doesn't want to cheat to win. We assume that the clans invited to this tournament feel the same way. That being said there should be no need for policing. Play fair, be honest and everything else will take care of itself.

-Omni

Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my posts.

I wanted to add that I agree that this was good to point out if it can happen on accident. But it looked like to me that you have to move back and forth and zoom in and out to make the rock dis-appear.

-Omni

Guest KingJunk

I agree with you Omni but some people DO NOT intend to do it on purpose they do it by mistake and I just wanted people to know its a glitch. You never know it may have happend against you guys or someone from [*S*] may do it in a war by MISTAKE because it do not look like a glitch and that shooter may think "easy kill look at the guy in the open" and it looks that way but now he can think twice before he takes that shot to make sure he is not in the glitch. I am sure no one here in UF intends to glitch on purpose but shit happens in wars so I just wanted everybody to know to watchout for this and not do it thats all.

You know that if you lay down some where in that general area you can lay down and snipe the whole map. And if you look towards delta from there you can see through most of the boxes. You can also go down into the water at delta and walk around the mountain as far as possible and look through the mountain and see where everone is but you can not shoot them.

I have been shot inside the hallway coming from the box room by a sniper on the pier on Threshold lol. It is a coding error mainly with CA, it happens on many maps. You just need to know where your target actually is. Like on Waterworks when you scope in on the double tunnel from the Merc spawn you see only a gray background around the player until you move closer. I always make sure I can see the entire environment surrounding a player before I take a shot.

Yeah, and then you own. Lol i remember playing Harvester against you guys in UF3... I probably read Trigga47 was killed by smokeosama with M87ELR 4 or 5 times a war....

ugh..

lol I'd see you in nightvision and think good I'll shoot him before he can see me and snipe me and then I'd get shot.

I don't think this will happen *on purpose* in UF. The players are better than that. It may happen accidentally, as even someone in our clan shot someone through the Juliet glitch in waterworks last tourney unknowingly... but now that we all know this and we take precautions like osama said it shouldn't happen.