target spotting

I went and looked in my strategy guide at lunch. It says Target Spotting is when your teammate see's them or is in a firefight with them, the enemy shows up as a red dot. It didn't say anything about seeing them through a scope.

Undertow ]

Is there anything about a "distance factor" in any of that book?

Like....does a player just need to pan around and as long as an enemy player appears on the screen, no matter how small, and the target would pop up as a red dot?

I mean, that would be pretty generous.

i think it is only if the enemy is within your vicinity. because when i hear shots from afar i don't see red-dots.

The red dots only show up if you are within a certain range. I remember on a video way back them saying it was something like 50 meters. That seems right to me distance wise.

And, they don't have to be spotted through a scope, and if an enemy is shooting and your team doesn't spot him, he doesn't show up on the radar (like COD).