NBA: IVERSON to trade to Det. Pistons!:

That's right! Allen Iverson, is to be traded to the Detroit Pissed-ONs for Chauncey Billups and 'maybe' Antonio McDyess! McDyess is in question, but the trades are in full effect. Can't see the logic in this one, but it struck my attention.

WOW! i cant believe this. what are they thinking??

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10887199

Nuggets trading Iverson

The Denver Nuggets have agreed to trade all-star guard Allen Iverson today to the Detroit Pistons for Denver native and fellow guard Chauncey Billups, as well as Antonio McDyess, two sources close to the deal said this morning.

A call has been set up with the NBA office to finalize the trade.

Billups won NBA Finals MVP honors during his tenure with the Pistons. He now returns home to bolster his hometown team's backcourt.

Denver plans to buy out McDyess's contract so it appears he won't actually play for the Nuggets.

boody ]

link? source? whered you hear this??

Today (this morning), on ESPN2HD. It is NOW Official news, but here are some other Online sources though:

REFERENCE(S):

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Allen-Iverson-Traded-To-Detroit-Pistons-Chauncey-Billups-And-Antonio-McDyess-To-The-Denver-Nuggets-Blog-13481

Allen Iverson is still an explosive player period. The Nuggets are hoping Billups can come in and fill Iverson's shoes in a different way. Iverson has always been the star wherever he has played. I think no matter how much it was denied he and Melo clashed a little bit. Billups will bring in much needed veteran leadership. Iverson will bring his explosiveness to the Pistons who have failed to make it back to the show recently. I don't worry about Iverson gelling with the Pistons because that is an organization that knows how to win and they have a strong veteran nucleus. This was a good deal for both sides although I hadn't heard about the Nuggets buying out McDeyss's contract, that wouldn't make any sense in the beginning of the season.

damn thats a good trade, Billups and Iverson are great players

they WERE great....they are on the decline ..the trade was alright- kind of over rated

iverson was one of the best in his time man was he a nasty mathaflucka......billups was a solid perfermor but for a couple of years he was a product of the system in detroit...and did very well doing it which made him great

GO CELTICS GO!!!!!

I believe that's a STUPID move for Detroit. Billups and Hamilton had great chemistry and were a dynamic duo on the floor. Iverson is still good and can score, but he's bringing a different dynamic to that team that I don't think belongs there.

Chauncey is gonna get owned playing in the West..

Both ways, I think it was a stupid trade

Iverson isnt the same explosiveness he once was... I mean hes only averaging 18 points a game compared to his 27-30 points a game he use to do on a daily

BUT BUT BUT

This Detroit team is built like how the 76ers were when they went to the finals. All defense! They have that one other scoring option like he did in philly and the rest were defense ppl/rebounders.

I still think nuggets wish the never traded Miller,joe smith and 2 first round picks for the 2007 draft. Which we drafted Thaddus Young and Jason Smith (who is out for season)

I love Iverson, but I love the deal we got for him

CritiKiL, a.k.a. GOAT Jr. ]

That's right! Allen Iverson, is to be traded to the Detroit Pissed-ONs for Chauncey Billups and 'maybe' Antonio McDyess! McDyess is in question, but the trades are in full effect. Can't see the logic in this one, but it struck my attention.

Yea, McDyess said 'screw that!', being a Free Agent now...he's staying with Denver:

"The Nuggets acquired point guard Chauncey Billups, forward Antonio McDyess and center Cheikh Samb from the Pistons on Monday in exchange for Iverson. Although there's speculation that the Nuggets will buy out McDyess' contract, Rex Chapman, the team's vice president of player personnel, said McDyess is staying."

The 'speculation', is now a FACT. This is still 'new', so don't expect it to be on the internet 'just yet'...as I've got 'connections!' lol