Patch 1.30

SOCOM: Confrontation State of the Union

Posted by Dan McBride

Now that we are 3 weeks into the launch of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation it is about time for a more comprehensive update straight from the developers. All of us at Slant Six would like to thank those active community members who continually exhibit their passion for SOCOM- you are a tough audience but we would not want it any other way. The launch was pretty rough on all of us but we want to let you know that we are committed to continual improvement of the game

Patch 1.20 went live last Tuesday and it has met its goals: stability is much better and the server load issues seen in the first week have been mostly addressed. With this now out of the way, the team has turned our attention to the 1.30 update which will fix several features (including trophies and SOCOM: Confrontation Awards), fix a bunch of bugs and respond to some of the requests of the community.

Here are some of the items planned for the update. Please note that some items listed may be delayed to a following update if additional development is required beyond what our schedule for the 1.30 update allows. This should not be considered a guarantee that these items will be in the 1.30 update, but we did want to give everyone a heads up as to what is on our plate currently.

New Features

SOCOM Awards and PSN Trophies

DTS audio support

Add HUD and scoreboard opacity

Scoreboard invocation improvements (tap select for persistent scoreboard, hold for temporary)

Spectator mode HUD turns off after brief interval

Spectator camera look now respects user invert on/off setting

Spectator camera pan now consistent with in game camera

Add dive-to-prone

Add lean control to d-pad

Gear items stackable

Extend post-round period

Restrict RPGs and grenade launchers in ranked rooms

Increase prone movement speed

Adding support for lefty control configuration (analog stick functions swapped)

Increase frag grenade effectiveness

Prevent incorrect reload interruptions

Bug Fixes

Fix animation issue when prone rolling near certain objects.

Fix remaining issues with statistics gathering and display

Fix bugs related to equipping of C4 in breach mode

Fix occasional audio drop outs

Fix last remaining framerate hitch when other clients late join

Fix remaining stability issues

Fix hostages being affected by smoke

Of course there will also be many additional smaller fixes included in the patch. Please watch this spot for updates as the patch moves through development and into QA/verification/deployment.

We are also hard at work on an additional patch which will include the remaining community support features. The design and art teams are also making great progress on new content- based on some of the posts in the forums, many of you will be very happy with what is coming down the pipe.

Thanks again for your continuing support,

-Confrontation Development Team

RNG187 ]
COWonCRACK ]
CDBS14 ]

omg i feel much better now.

ya kinda like i just took a massive dump' date=' not one of those uncomfortable ones, but one where ur just like, wow that felt like heaven.

[/quote']

dude i love those, and then you put your pants back on and they feel better? OMG.

lol ya right, right after is when it needs to be aired out the most, i dont even bother to wipe, i just walk around lettin the airflow through.

Shadowboxin7 ]

Yea im really glad we can stack our gear now. I was so mad that after two grenades I had to relaod the other two. Also no more RPGs in ranked rooms is clutch. And grenade effectiveness wooooooo. Cant wait........

Fuckin Believe it... "clutch" , I couldnt have used that east ass coast term any better.

in any case though, SOUNDS like they MAY get carried away with you winey bitches complaining and make it to Easy. EVERY FUCKIN BODY is gonna carry 4 grenades and blow up everything, and that will be like.... "gay". LoL thats a reference to that other post. AND if they reduce the reloading things thats gonna be noob friendly too. I DONT KNOW im just as WORRIED as excited about it. THINK PEOPLE, THINK

i agree with dave, im happy there bringin the lean d-pad back, but grenade effectiveness? it was perfect! before hand. rather realistic and acceptable, a grenade had skill, now not so much, but i cant say for sure cause we dont know how much the "effectivenesss" will increase. also, its not reload speed there increases its those times where u would reload, but it actually wouldnt, or would stop for some random reason (your character sneezes). overall im happpy, mostly good, some bad.

I just ran this through my bullshit translator and this is what came up:

"SOCOM: Confrontation State of the Union

The game has been out for 3 weeks and we are really getting desperate to put an end to all the bitching. You're a grumpy bunch of bastards who won't give us a moment's peace, even after we pushed the game to an early release because you were sick of the delays. Now we're having to jump through hoops to placate you impatient sons of bitches.

We released patch 1.20 last Tuesday and we were actually able to take a day off, but our relaxation time didn't last long. Now we're going to try and push 1.30 out the door to you so that we can hopefully enjoy the 3 day weekend.

Here's a list of some other bullshit that we're going to try to release with 1.30 as long as we can still get it out before the long weekend, otherwise, fuck it."

SQUlD ]

I just ran this through my bullshit translator and this is what came up:

"SOCOM: Confrontation State of the Union

The game has been out for 3 weeks and we are really getting desperate to put an end to all the bitching. You're a grumpy bunch of bastards who won't give us a moment's peace, even after we pushed the game to an early release because you were sick of the delays. Now we're having to jump through hoops to placate you impatient sons of bitches.

We released patch 1.20 last Tuesday and we were actually able to take a day off, but our relaxation time didn't last long. Now we're going to try and push 1.30 out the door to you so that we can hopefully enjoy the 3 day weekend.

Here's a list of some other bullshit that we're going to try to release with 1.30 as long as we can still get it out before the long weekend, otherwise, fuck it."

lol nice

lol holy shit tow, i actually jumped a little in my chair when i RED that. i didnt think it was possible. but i totaly agree, and yes cdbs never huge jumps across the map, but ive made it like halfway down a road once, i was like wtf zomg wierd. and then i just got on with my life XD, but ya its wierd cause i never actually seen someone do it, except maybe once, i got that whole "the enemy has a bomb" message and literally 1-2 seconds after it was "bomb planted" on quarantine, and i know for a fact the bomb had reset because i was camping it.

COWonCRACK ]

lol holy shit tow, i actually jumped a little in my chair when i RED that. i didnt think it was possible. but i totaly agree, and yes cdbs never huge jumps across the map, but ive made it like halfway down a road once, i was like wtf zomg wierd. and then i just got on with my life XD, but ya its wierd cause i never actually seen someone do it, except maybe once, i got that whole "the enemy has a bomb" message and literally 1-2 seconds after it was "bomb planted" on quarantine, and i know for a fact the bomb had reset because i was camping it.

That aint nothin. Last night playing DG killed 2 people, saw their bodies laying there motionless, yet, I didn't see their names up on the board that I killed them. 20 seconds later, I am killed by a dead man. 30 seconds later the other guy I killed kills someone else then dies by my hand. LOL I was beside myself.

I then was disconnected and I gently turned off my PS3 and watched Family Guy. I also chanted ROOOSFRABA...ROOOSFRABA. ;)

I just sit here in disbelief that they would PRINT in the game's manual that one of the game room options is to turn OFF team-switching in the middle of the map....and it just plain doesn't EXIST.

IMAGINE if they also printed that you had the power to turn off RESPAWNING but, in fact, you really couldn't?

I'm SICK of team-switching.

ESPECIALLY when you're UNABLE to customize your weapons and load outs before that first round on the new side you switch on just in case you needed something different than what you went in with. You have to DIE first in order to get a chance to do that. BUT, if you were swept in the first leg of the match and you lose that first round because you were still stuck with a sniper rifle on that close-quarters match-up, and you lose the first round of this team-switch because of it.....well, then you're shit out of luck.