X-Play SOCOM Review...P.S. Not Good

SHANE23 ]

Both reviews are accurate. You can't argue with their points and even the IGN stated they tried different configurations and still had the same issues.

And I agree with IGN stating that this game should have not been released in it's current state.

:) Agreed

SHANE23 ]

Both reviews are accurate. You can't argue with their points and even the IGN stated they tried different configurations and still had the same issues.

And I agree with IGN stating that this game should have not been released in it's current state.

Yea, that seems to be the general consenses. I couldn't agree more. This is my first time with SOCOM online, and even I can see where it feels it wasn't completed.

In the X-Play written review, he states "And perhaps after many, many more patches, it might even end up being a fantastic game. Sadly, I don’t review games based on what they might eventually become." Hopefully this is becomes true sooner than later.

MaluNYMets ]

COD : WAW is HELL OF FUN! I would say its better then COD4 and the Co-Op even more sick. I was playing with about 4 clan members going through the single player missions its SICK!

Not about 4 clan members.. lol

(you can only play with 3) :)

But yes the co-op is VERY' date=' VERY SICK.!!

at3dave ]

Maybe I'll rent it.

I'll gamefly it soon.

You wont be sorry.. just keep in mind that it is old weapons.

So I still have my money at GS for Socom.........I was thinking of purchasing a new game to play in-between socom lulls.........So far I am considering:

Far Cry2

CoD WAW

Mirror's Edge

I basically want something I can get lost in for hours. Socom aint quite grabbing my attention like that unless it's @ Mass. :(

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Definitely should not have been released like that, however I think there should be some sort of like.. updated review. Since it IS an online only game, the experience can be enhanced with just one patch.. they should review it in a few months and see how good it is then.

I agree with that.

But being online only gives it more of an advantage to have been even better. B/C they put no time into a campaign.

And to Chili -- Ive always been a WW2 Fanatic anyways, so I'll love old weapons.

My thing is COD.. After 4 and the way people swallowed bullets I couldnt stand it.

It happens less on SOCOM even with lag...

And to Too_Minion, Im lookin at Far Cry myself.. cuz I feel the same way.

I only want to play SOCOM if 101 is playing.

Yeah, see if Im playin online, its with my clan. This is 80% of my gaming time, but as I have 4 kids, there are other times when I need to be able to pause it and walk away..........

I also was looking at Fallout 3. I loved Oblivion, and have heard nothing but raves about this.

Sorry to thread-jack. Sorta. ;)

CDBS14 ]

and most importantly we should have been able to play it with no lag.

::) Dude, I dunno why you can't get it. THERE WILL NEVER BE A GAME WITH NO LAG ONLINE. Unless you can pioneer the internet and make all connections equal.

Tool. Dead Space is pretty good, I played it for a few hours the other night. MC vs. DCU is also a great game. Fun as hell, but not one that has an expansive story mode.

lol the only thing that makes WaW amazing is the zombies and co-op mode. the online is just as shitty as COD4. its nothing like the older versions and they dont seem to understand that the Perks ruin the game. I guess the developers didnt notice the only way to play it competitivly on the computer is with a mod disabling almost all perks. They might as well have just said its an expansion pack.

Again i will say i loved the single player mode, and zombie is fuckin addicting. but the online multiplayer is just way to much for children with ADHD and meth heads.

and has anyone played mirrors edge, that demo looked BITCHEN!

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]

and most importantly we should have been able to play it with no lag.

::) Dude' date=' I dunno why you can't get it. THERE WILL NEVER BE A GAME WITH NO LAG ONLINE. Unless you can pioneer the internet and make all connections equal.

Tool. Dead Space is pretty good, I played it for a few hours the other night. MC vs. DCU is also a great game. Fun as hell, but not one that has an expansive story mode.

[/quote']

i know that, but were you able to play it on day one with no problems on peak hours? of course not, it was almost if not completely unplayable. that is what i mean. for socom that is.

COWonCRACK ]

lol the only thing that makes WaW amazing is the zombies and co-op mode. the online is just as shitty as COD4. its nothing like the older versions and they dont seem to understand that the Perks ruin the game. I guess the developers didnt notice the only way to play it competitivly on the computer is with a mod disabling almost all perks. They might as well have just said its an expansion pack.

Again i will say i loved the single player mode, and zombie is fuckin addicting. but the online multiplayer is just way to much for children with ADHD and meth heads.

Oh yeah I'm sorry.. I forgot that I play games on the 360 so I never have to worry about a shitty online experience

BIGDANIEL ]
CDBS14 ]

but it should have had all if not most of the features

I paid full price. I want full features. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Exactly. There is clear evidence they released it before it was done. One example is the saved profile feature. It really serves no purpose. You can only access different saved profiles if you completely leave a match and go back to the main screen.

Tool_Minion ]

Yeah, see if Im playin online, its with my clan. This is 80% of my gaming time, but as I have 4 kids, there are other times when I need to be able to pause it and walk away..........

I also was looking at Fallout 3. I loved Oblivion, and have heard nothing but raves about this.

Sorry to thread-jack. Sorta. ;)

Dude I could Play Oblivion for Soooooo Dam long...I love that freaking game. I had it when I had My Xbox 360 but I sold It. I think I might buy it again with all the expansions ;D

COWonCRACK ]

I haven't played anything more then the demo. I'm in love with the demo though. I have went back and played it like 20 times. I'm not sure why but this game is just fun.

I have heard great things about Fallout3. I really want to try this game out.