New XBOX LIVE IS A GO!

Yea the avatars are pretty painless.. lol

My only complaint is the view before you click into something.. like looking at your friends in the multi-page view is kind of annoying, but you just have to click on friends.. i guess it wasn't meant to view frinds in that view. ;D

Everything seems to work perfectly, & the download took all of 30 seconds. lol

My only other complaint is the Xboxlive leaderboard on Gamelobby is fuked up for a few days, i guess until everyone makes the switch. lol

YOU CLOWNS!! ;D

You didn't play with two of the coolest things it has to offer??!!!

Netflix is running and running smoothly. Fabulous. You log onto your netflix account on a pc. Click get code from XBL. Enter that code on Netflix website, and it syncs your shit right away. It still just like on the laptop as far as not everything is available to watch instantly. I watched a few episodes of Dead Like Me. ;D Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

You can now BURN any 360 game disk directly to your hard drive!!!! How friggin cool is that? I'm going to get a bigger hard drive later this week. No more switching discs, plus I still have them just in case. AND the xbox runs quieter when playing games that way. I hope Sony is paying attention.

Oh and the download and install was maybe 20 minutes total. And it works exactly how it's supposed to. They are still uploading some of the video content, but other than that everything is gravy.

So wait.. i didn't know that about downloading your discs to HD..!?

So you dont need the disc to play..? I'm gonna be all over that shyt.!

I'm about to set up my netflix account right now. ;D

You gotta love, when it comes out on time & works from release.

Blah movies I can DL with any system... Its not ground breaking or earth shatterig. I have my PS3 favorites set to DL HD movies for free 99.. Guess the ease of use with the intergrated netflix is cool to have at hand for anyone to use though.

Oh I did find this though:

Some Xbox 360 users might be experiencing some issues with the Marketplace in the New Xbox Experience, but Microsoft wants you to know that they are aware of the problems and are currently working on a solution.

Yea it was a little shaky yesterday, but i have no problems today. (i downloaded the NXE at about 3am)

As far as Netflix, i dont think you have to DL the movies at all, i think it plays them straight from Netflix, just like it does on your PC.

I do like the downloading of my games to HD tho.!!!

Yes, it does play Netflix directly like on the pc.

Chili, have you tried playing the games you DL to the hard drive yet? We tried it with Gears today and it wouldn't let us play it w/o the disk inserted. Now, it ran much, much quieter. All of the load times were cut in half. So obviously they have coded the new stuff, but I'm wondering about old games.

The issues with the store last night were minor. Stuff was uploading all night to the store, so naturally some things weren't available.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Yes, it does play Netflix directly like on the pc.

Chili, have you tried playing the games you DL to the hard drive yet? We tried it with Gears today and it wouldn't let us play it w/o the disk inserted. Now, it ran much, much quieter. All of the load times were cut in half. So obviously they have coded the new stuff, but I'm wondering about old games.

The issues with the store last night were minor. Stuff was uploading all night to the store, so naturally some things weren't available.

So does that mean we wont need a patch for the store/marketplace.? ;)::)

Yea i figured you would need the disc still. (as Squid said.. it would be pandemonium. lol)

Yea i got it all figured out.. i downloaded all of my more popular games. ALL my Shooters, Racing, & Civilization. (about 6-7 total, I have 40 GB of free space left)

The biggest games take up to about 7GB on the HD, so if you have a 20GB HD.. you gotta be selective. (also if you have a 20GB HD, what are you thinking. lol, Go get a bigger one.!)

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea i got it all figured out.. i downloaded all of my more popular games. ALL my Shooters, Racing, & Civilization. (about 6-7 total, I have 40 GB of free space left)

The biggest games take up to about 7GB on the HD, so if you have a 20GB HD.. you gotta be selective. (also if you have a 20GB HD, what are you thinking. lol, Go get a bigger one.!)

20 GB, they still make those? i want an elite. i just got to get the money.

Chili-Palmer ]

So wait.. i didn't know that about downloading your discs to HD..!?

So you dont need the disc to play..? I'm gonna be all over that shyt.!

I'm about to set up my netflix account right now. ;D

You gotta love, when it comes out on time & works from release.

supposedly you will still need to have the disk in the 360 so people don't go out renting games and burn them to their HD's, but it will only need the disk to notice the game then it works off the saved game on the HD..six