Octobers game sales top ten units-

BigMoneyNacku ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

LAST MONTH (OCTOBER)- Believe it or not the PS2 sold 65% as well as the PS3 console did. Hard to believe but its true.

Hardware Sales - October 2008

Wii - 803,000 units

Nintendo DS - 491,000 units

Xbox 360 - 371,000 units

PSP - 193,000 units

PlayStation 3 - 190,000 units

PlayStation 2 - 136,000 units

CpDude05 ]

If you add all of the sony products together. Then yes, they have to be leading the way.

193,000+190,000+136,000= 519,000

That barely beats the DS.

ok then, nvm my last statement. lol

Yeah but a ds is what 65 bucks or some shit?

Now if we are talking profit and over all sales by companies since the day xbox360 launched- Sony would still have a fair share of the lead due to the GIANT sales and profit margin of PS2 in it later days (and still through to today). However nintendo will pass that number very soon as their system is cheap to make and the units are turning like flap jacks.

CpDude05 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Of course Wii is next gen..!!??

It came out way after Xbox360.. (Its predecessor was Game Cube)

X=Box is Next Gen? I always thought of it as a box.

Xbox - No

360 - Yes

I know you PS3'r guys cant fathom that it does the amazing things it does, but just trust us.. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]
CpDude05 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Of course Wii is next gen..!!??

It came out way after Xbox360.. (Its predecessor was Game Cube)

X=Box is Next Gen? I always thought of it as a box.

Xbox - No

360 - Yes

I know you PS3'r guys cant fathom that it does the amazing things it does, but just trust us.. ;D

Quiet down Fanboy

Undertow ]

I agree that the PS3 would sell much better if it were priced lower. I don't quite know who Sony had in mind when they created the initial PS3. Sometimes it seems as if they didn't really generate a target audience for their unit like the other two companies did, but rather just tried to create this super-machine that technically outclasses the other companies' capabilities...but in doing so, rolled out a grossly overpriced system that certainly doesn't seem to justify itself with the majority of America (or the world for that matter) in our current global-economical climate and crisis.

Maybe bad timing, maybe bad marketing.

I'm still a die-hard Sony PS backer...have been since the PS2, the one I had for about 5-6 years that operated without fail and the system that I discovered Socom on. I don't think the PS3 will go anywhere but I do hope that valuable lessons are learned by Sony from this if there is to be a PS4....though it's hard to imagine that a company would put up a follow-up to their previous system with a dramatically reduced price. That could be construed by the public as Sony either putting out an inferior product to its predecessor OR that they're conceding that they made a mistake in the design of the PS3 and much of what it could do (and what you paid for it) was ultimately wasted and unneeded to begin with...and I don't see Sony willingly walking into that marketing trap.

There target had nothing to do with gaming at all,sony designed and sold the ps3 to win a format war against HD DVD.With out the ps3 bluray would be sitting on a shelf collecting dust,it is now just catching up to what HD DVD had and still dosent have the picture quality,or does it take advantage of its 50g disks that were so big for them.

lunch007 ]

There target had nothing to do with gaming at all,sony designed and sold the ps3 to win a format war against HD DVD.With out the ps3 bluray would be sitting on a shelf collecting dust,it is now just catching up to what HD DVD had and still dosent have the picture quality,or does it take advantage of its 50g disks that were so big for them.

Yes, i agree.. BluRay would not be where it is.. & thank god they did end that war. lol (i just wish the name was HD DVD it sounds so much more appealing)

Well Sid, enjoy your "HOME". ;D

lunch007 ]
Undertow ]

With out the ps3 bluray would be sitting on a shelf collecting dust,it is now just catching up to what HD DVD had and still dosent have the picture quality,or does it take advantage of its 50g disks that were so big for them.

I agree, Somewhat. PS3 marketing of blueray was well exicuted.

Being that I am highly invested in blueray and know what I am speakign to- HD sales were surpassed back in spring of this year. Being that the PS3 had only been out for a few quarters that is an ass whoopin if you ask me.

As far as picture quality- Maybe you can educate me on this one.

Disk storage- Some GAMES make full use of this. Movies not just yet... But bro, when you own a Ferrari you dont always have to floor it everywhere you go... Just knowing you have the power if you need it. "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." IMO

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Being that I am highly invested in blueray and know what I am speakign to- HD sales were surpassed back in spring of this year. Being that the PS3 had only been out for a few quarters that is an ass whoopin if you ask me.

Disk storage- Some GAMES make full use of this. Movies not just yet... But bro, when you own a Ferrari you dont always have to floor it everywhere you go... Just knowing you have the power if you need it. "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." IMO

looks like you will do fine as far as BR. ;D

And im sure they will all make use of the disc space when the consoles are better equipped to handle all of that info. lol

Undertow ]

I agree that the PS3 would sell much better if it were priced lower. I don't quite know who Sony had in mind when they created the initial PS3. Sometimes it seems as if they didn't really generate a target audience for their unit like the other two companies did, but rather just tried to create this super-machine that technically outclasses the other companies' capabilities...but in doing so, rolled out a grossly overpriced system that certainly doesn't seem to justify itself with the majority of America (or the world for that matter) in our current global-economical climate and crisis.

Maybe bad timing, maybe bad marketing.

I'm still a die-hard Sony PS backer...have been since the PS2, the one I had for about 5-6 years that operated without fail and the system that I discovered Socom on. I don't think the PS3 will go anywhere but I do hope that valuable lessons are learned by Sony from this if there is to be a PS4....though it's hard to imagine that a company would put up a follow-up to their previous system with a dramatically reduced price. That could be construed by the public as Sony either putting out an inferior product to its predecessor OR that they're conceding that they made a mistake in the design of the PS3 and much of what it could do (and what you paid for it) was ultimately wasted and unneeded to begin with...and I don't see Sony willingly walking into that marketing trap.

It's already been said that they dont intend to provide a BLU-RAY system in the PS4, hell......BLU-RAY will be obsolete in another 3-4 years ! Everything will be HIGH SPEED, HIGH DEF. DOWNLOAD. Pretty soon.....the console as we know it will be a GLORIFIED CABLE BOX !!! LOL !!

TIP-TOE ]

It's already been said that they dont intend to provide a BLU-RAY system in the PS4, hell......BLU-RAY will be obsolete in another 3-4 years ! Everything will be HIGH SPEED, HIGH DEF. DOWNLOAD. Pretty soon.....the console as we know it will be a GLORIFIED CABLE BOX !!! LOL !!

Lets hope not,I am a fan of being able to have the physical disk in my hand.I believe the only one that wins if things continue to go D/L is the companies.They will not lower the cost of the product to give the savings to the consumers.This is why the only thing I buy and D/L is map packs etc.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I agree, Somewhat. PS3 marketing of blueray was well exicuted.

Im not sure if you belong to AVS or not but if you go over and search there for the comparison threads you can see that HD DVD had an advantage not only in online capabilities but also in PQ.I recently bought Ironman and I'm very upset with the PQ,I have had standard DVD in my HD DVD player upscaled that looked just as good if not better.

I agree that I'm glad the war is over but at least they had someone pushing the studios to produce a better product and cater to the consumer,where as now the don't push the studios to produce a better PQ.I back Bluray now and only by my movies in that format,but i don't think the right format won the war.Sony just seems to bring out great hype and once it is on the market they forget about there consumer.I love Sony's products just not there business practices

lunch007 ]

Sony just seems to bring out great hype and once it is on the market they forget about there consumer.I love Sony's products just not there business practices

I agree.. Sony is the master of stealing sampling technology and putting well executed marketing technique behind it. They mastered it in the 80's and still do it to this day- They make it so you MUST buy their proprietary product if you want the full use of any of their products.