• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.. post it up.

Basically what these results tell you is:

Mets' plan is - 25Meg down / 10meg up

Mine is 10meg down / 1 meg up

You'd think i would be harder to kill. lol

But seriously most people are NOT going to have the kind of speeds Mets posted. (less than 5%)

Chili-Palmer ]

No.. post it up.

Basically what these results tell you is:

Mets' plan is - 25Meg down / 10meg up

Mine is 10meg down / 1 meg up

You'd think i would be harder to kill. lol

But seriously most people are NOT going to have the kind of speeds Mets posted. (less than 5%)

If Met's plan is 10Mbps up how come he is only getting 4? To me that is an issue. OR he has torrents open or limewire while testing.

Speed is nice, latency is a good indicator BUT latency could be affected by the server that you are testing to.

If you can run a quality test at dslreports.com in the tools area. You may have to turn your firewall off for a bit but it is only 20 minutes or so at the most so no big deal.

I am suppose to get 15Mbps down (which I never see) and 2Mpbs Up which I am always close to.

359870508.png

Now this is a server 250 miles away so the latency is REALLY good.

I also have a VoIP phone, 5 vpns to my store and a webserver running and this is pretty consistant.

Download = Data coming to you from the internet

Upload = Data going from you to the internet.

With todays gaming needs/wants upload is as important as download. In a perfect world we would be symetrical, 15Mbps up and down would be SWEEEET!

I wish /6 would come out and say how their setup is, P2P or Client Server. If it is P2P we want the people with the top connections to create the rooms. If it is Client-Server then they have A LOT of work ahead of them to fix these issues.

I 'really need help' on how to get a much better connection speed? I have called and called Verizon, but they don't offer much help. You can see why I do not play much, as a connection like 'this' would make anyone not play often.

Also, would there be much of any difference, if I connected my PS3 DIRECTLY to the gateway? And lastly, how about having 'one cable internet line' dedicated 'only to the PS3'?

Actually I have a complete 'media room' upstairs with the 'PS2', 'Xbox', 'XBox 360' and 'PS3'...but if I had to "dedicate one line just to the PS3"...that would be fine since the other consoles aren't played online as much.

Just some advice on how to get Verizon to get me the type of DSL service 'without' changing over to FIOS or anything? My connection is 'Wireless Network' using a wireless gateway (modem/router in one). Thanks in Advance. (Please give me your help/suggestions in a PM, Thanks!)

361089398.png

CritiKiL ]

I 'really need help' on how to get a much better connection speed? I have called and called Verizon, but they don't offer much help. You can see why I do not play much, as a connection like 'this' would make anyone not play often.

Also, would there be much of any difference, if I connected my PS3 DIRECTLY to the gateway? And lastly, how about having 'one cable internet line' dedicated 'only to the PS3'?

Actually I have a complete 'media room' upstairs with the 'PS2', 'Xbox', 'XBox 360' and 'PS3'...but if I had to "dedicate one line just to the PS3"...that would be fine since the other consoles aren't played online as much.

Just some advice on how to get Verizon to get me the type of DSL service 'without' changing over to FIOS or anything? My connection is 'Wireless Network' using a wireless gateway (modem/router in one). Thanks in Advance. (Please give me your help/suggestions in a PM, Thanks!)

361089398.png

I don't think DSL has high speed compared to cable or fios. You best bet would be for Fios or cable. Any reason on why you don't want to get it? The less you have running at the same time always works. Directly connecting usually gives you a better connection but if you have DSL I don't think it makes a huge difference. Not 100 percent sure on that information but thats my general understanding.