ALL-TIME Greats!

OK this is how it's going to work. In the 4 major sports (i.e NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL) you will pick one person and only one person for each sport on who you think is the best player ever for that sport.

No object to this. This is just to debate who is the all time great for that sport.

I'll start.

MLB - Ted Williams

NBA - Micheal Jordan

NFL - Jerry Rice (Football is hard to pick from man)

NHL - Wayne Gretzky

PHILLYFAN ]

MLB - Ted Williams

NBA - Micheal Jordan

NHL - Wayne Gretzky

Honestly i really cant argue with that list. lol

I might have posted something different but only because of personal favorites, NOT skill.

IF i were to try to debate it would be MLB, & maybe NHL, but as far as NBA & NFL thats dead on.!

If his career ended today he wouldn't be. But he still has like 5 years left. Good chance to become home run leader and a slim shot but a shot to be the RBI leader. 5 tool player! Goes from ss to 3rd and becomes a great 3rd base fielder. I dunno there is more into it, but we can;t judge him till his career is done.

And yes OVER PAID! No one deserves that kinda money

Guest CROWFOOT_
PHILLYFAN ]

OK this is how it's going to work. In the 4 major sports (i.e NHL' date=' MLB, NBA, NFL) you will pick one person and only one person for each sport on who you think is the best player ever for that sport.

No object to this. This is just to debate who is the all time great for that sport.

I'll start.

MLB - Ted Williams

NBA - Micheal Jordan

NHL - Wayne Gretzky

[/quote']

great list but I will have to disagree myself:):):)

MLB:Ty Cobb (alot of people like Ruth, and Babe was amazing but I love Ty Cobb)

NBA: Larry Bird (way to many people say Jordan, but I rem Bird beating Jordan alot, and rem Jordans North Carolina Tar Heels got beat in 1976 championship by the 32-0 Indiana Hoosiers!)

NFL: Dan Marino (awsome quaterback, but never got his Ring)

NHL: will agree with ya... Wayne was amazing!

PHILLYFAN ]

If his career ended today he wouldn't be. But he still has like 5 years left. Good chance to become home run leader and a slim shot but a shot to be the RBI leader. 5 tool player! Goes from ss to 3rd and becomes a great 3rd base fielder. I dunno there is more into it' date=' but we can;t judge him till his career is done.

And yes OVER PAID! No one deserves that kinda money

[/quote']How about 10 years? He's only 33 years old. He has A LOT more than 5 years left.

A-Rod is the best player right now and when his career is over, his stats will be some of the greatest ever, if not THE greatest ever.

Griffey would've easily been one of the best ever if he didn't go injury prone

MAN can you imagine if Griffey didn't get hurt so much? I don't think even Arod would of catched up to him. Griffey would of been more deserving of the AROD money then Arod if that makes sense lol.

I dunno if i could live with myself knowing that I could of been the best, but turn out to be just a good player. I mean take Ryan Leaf such a bust man, can you imagine going threw it though? This day and age im suprised players don't do an OJ and start killing ppl lol. I know i took it prob to far there but u get my drift

MLB- Lou Gherig- The Iron Horse is the best!! Definitely not A-ROD I take postseason performance into consideration

NBA- Larry Bird(and I"m from Chicago) MJ is 2nd

NFL- Walter Payton

NHL- Patrick Roy

This is tough but for sports like football and hockey you have to look at the most dominant player by positions. Yes Gretzky was amazing but he played in a different era. Those numbers will ever be attained again.

I mean when Brodeur retires, all of his numbers will be better than Roy. If you compare their stats side by side, Brodeur is definitely the better one statistically. Roy has some better stats, but he did have a longer career than Brodeur (and Brodeur still isn't done, besides his injury). Roy has 4 cups, Brodeur has 3.. I'd personally take Brodeur. Might be because I'm a Devil's fan but.. I'd take him

PHILLYFAN ]

Who would you take Brodeur or ROY? I would personally take Patrick ROY

over brodeur, well, that's your opinion. they're both hall of famers without a doubt, but in this specific case it depends on who you favor. personally, i undoubtedly think brodeur's the greatest.

agreed churchy, i just sat and looked up numbers as of RIGHT NOW, brodeur has 7 major NHL records, roy has 6. on paper, brodeur's better. even if you were to sit, and analyze both of them, brodeur's better b/c he not only used his glove and stick but also used his body a TON.

dude, remember the 2000 stanley cup? brodeur stopped the puck between his calves, it leaked out and then he stopped it AGAIN?

Prane ]

MLB- Lou Gherig- The Iron Horse is the best!!

NFL- Walter Payton

NHL- Patrick Roy

RNG187 ]

MLB - joe dimaggio

NBA - larry bird

NFL - QB: joe montana' date=' RB - gale sayers, WR - jerry rice

NHL - scott stevens(i'm a devils fan, LOL)

[/quote']

How can you guys put MJ behind the Bird..? He was great, but c'mon.

I agree if you want to break it down by position..

QB - Montana

WR - Jerry Rice

RB - Barry Sanders

Personal Favs:

RB/FB - Earl Campbell, Bo Jackson, William Floyd, Mike Alstott

DEF - Gary Plummer, John Lynch, Ronnie Lott

Lots of Niners, but that how it goes..

Guest CROWFOOT_
Chili-Palmer ]
Prane ]

MLB- Lou Gherig- The Iron Horse is the best!!

NFL- Walter Payton

NHL- Patrick Roy

RNG187 ]

MLB - joe dimaggio

NBA - larry bird

NFL - QB: joe montana' date=' RB - gale sayers, WR - jerry rice

NHL - scott stevens(i'm a devils fan, LOL)

[/quote']

How can you guys put MJ behind the Bird..? He was great, but c'mon.

I agree if you want to break it down by position..

QB - Montana

WR - Jerry Rice

RB - Barry Sanders

Personal Favs:

RB/FB - Earl Campbell, Bo Jackson, William Floyd, Mike Alstott

DEF - Gary Plummer, John Lynch, Ronnie Lott

Lots of Niners, but that how it goes..

I can put Bird before Micheal because Bird was a better player... Jordan was great but Bird was the best... I dont see how one guy said bird wouldnt make his top 3.....