Urgent Fury Introduces- UF: HELL WEEK!

Hello UF community!

For years now, Urgent Fury has tested new clans coming to this tournament by way of an evaluation tourney dubbed 'UF: Black.' In order for a newcomer clan to enjoy all that UF has to offer, that clan had to enter into the UF: Black tourney.

Now that UF: Black has graduated into a stand-alone, year-round, ongoing standings tourney, UF is left with no evaluation tourney to scan new clans looking for their place here at UF.

Until now.

Earlier last week, UF announced the upcoming UF: EVAL tourney without spilling too many details. We did that because it was essentially our smokescreen until this big announcement. The new evaluation tourney for UF will be dramatically different in layout as well as in name...so without further ado, let me explain the broader physics of what we will all come to know as UF: HELL WEEK!

In the past, UF: Black was the eval tourney for UF that saw both new clans trying to make a name for themselves as well as vet clans staying sharp for an upcoming TACMAP tourney. UF: Hell Week will be the new evaluation process for ANY clan wanting to join this 'tournament country club' we all call UF. UF: Hell Week will see ONE new clan at a time being evaluated by our UF EVAL TEAM (of which sign-ups are still open) in a grueling one week trial by fire. Mon thru Fri, one war each night of the week, in 8v8 action! As long as the Hell Week clan can fully staff their wars that week and win at LEAST one out of the five wars, all while winning and losing with honor and dignity, then that clan will be welcomed into the UF community, able to participate in all the tournaments that UF offers.

All veteran clans of UF are grandfathered in and will not have to go through Hell Week.

Now, clans truly will wear their UF participation as a badge of honor after making it through some great UF gunners for an entire week!

The first open trials and sign-up for UF: Hell Week will begin in December.

For all clans looking for the glory of a UF tourney...WELCOME TO HELL.

- Guidelines coming soon.

If a clan beats the eval team on the first war do they need to commit to another 4 wars? 5 days out of the week for 8 players is quite a commitment from any clan... for my clan personally my members work and have lives outside video games.

Not trying to offend anyone so if someone wants to write back a nasty remark it's really not necessary; just trying to understand the rules and/or guidelines.

I am not a staff member...BUT I think that is why they call it hell week. Becuase you are compacting a full 4-8 weeks into one. I think if you are ready, get your guys ready it shouldn't be a problem getting through the week. Besides the Tac maps that are offered can be JUST as grueling. Have a war everyday of the week, in some cases.

VERY NICE!!

Testing their strength, composure and dedication all in one short week. Hmmm,......... very nice.

Not a staff member either, but TWEEK, the tourney is about the evaluation of your clan, NOT who wins.

Uhhhhh..... well, I guess one will be about a win anyway. ;D

It's no more than a simple initiation into a great fraternity.

Tweek ]

If a clan beats the eval team on the first war do they need to commit to another 4 wars? 5 days out of the week for 8 players is quite a commitment from any clan... for my clan personally my members work and have lives outside video games.

Not trying to offend anyone so if someone wants to write back a nasty remark it's really not necessary; just trying to understand the rules and/or guidelines.

What is with you iNv guys and this weird insecurity about being attacked all the time?! LOL

I just got through 3-5 PMs with one of your members telling him to chill out because you're not hated!

Sheesh.

Anyway, to answer your questions.....

1: If you win a war, YES, you still have to show up to the rest. We're not evaluating whether or not you can win, we're evaluating whether or not you BELONG here. We have a LOT of clans here in UF, and they're not all winning tournaments left and right, so it would be pretty hard to keep this tourney populated by that logic, right? What we want to see from incoming clans is whether or not they have the proper player and clan dynamic to REMAIN here in UF. "Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity" goes a LONG way here with this community and the players who come here to play. It really is NOT just six random words strung together. It's what the clan leaders of this clan built their clan upon and what the players of those clans come here to see.

2: 5 wars in 5 nights should not be hard for ANY clan coming to this community. I mean....do you only have eight guys in your clan? Because yeah...then I could see how Hell Week could be tough. Doable, but tough. But if you have 30, 40 or 50 guys in your clan, then fielding 8 members a night for a war should be a cake walk. If you cannot do this for one full week with just 8 guys a night, then yes, I will be the first to tell you that you will not make it through Hell Week and most likely don't belong in a UF tournament at this time. Your clan is not unique in that your players have lives outside of video games. That's every single clan here.