Urgent Fury Introduces- UF: HELL WEEK!

30, 40, 50 members? We're a close tight knit family clan and would never want to be that large. We make sure every member that joins feels welcome and knows all the other members. In a clan with 50 members, people get lost and forgotten about, a clan of 50 could not possibly know each of their members as well as a small clan knows each of theirs which is one key element my clan strives for.

"Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity" to me has nothing to do with accountability 5 days out of a week. Most clan wars from where we come from are 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours long of which I personally would not be able to dedicate 5 weekdays to. I work 12 hour days sometimes 14 depending on whats going on and need to spend time with my family. We have members who work in the hospital and must work nights some nights out of the week and some members who work retail late. Most of us are free on the weekend and a lot of us work M-F and/or are in school.

All I am saying is it might be a good idea to entertain the thought of being a little more flexible with the schedule. Our clan is small as is and we have a certain amount of members dedicated to Resistance and others dedicated to Socom. Some even just play WaW.. this is the first time so many decent games have been out at the same time for ps3 and it has impacted our clan as well as many other competitive clans out there.

None of this means that my clan cheats, glitches, or are sore losers or shitty winners. It also doesn't mean that we aren't interested in competing with you guys or that we are not honorable and dedicated.

If there was an option to do like 5 wars over a long weekend (Friday, Sat, Sun) just an idea of something a little more flexible. Something of that nature it would be much easier for my clan personally to participate. Obviously it's your guys' site and you are going to run it how you guys run it, I am just trying to give you some feedback from an outside perspective.

What is the average clan size of a UF clan?

What is the total number of active competing clans in UF? (In Socom)

I like the idea. When i played UF we had like a continent tourny. it was cool i remember it being alot of wars. It is kinda a middle area you got the ones who want to war everyday and then the ones only a couple times a week. Im the more everyday person(Now that there isnt 100x games out) that likes to war everyday i know tweek is the couple times a week guy. I wonder what PSU is as well Im guessing Playstation Universe? Never been there but hey if there dicks there dicks.

Tweek ]

What is the average clan size of a UF clan?

Not sure on the average size.. but [503] currently has 40 members. We are mostly compiled of local friends from oregon.. and in most cases 503 area code. We do have guys all over the globe though too.. some in canada and others all the way over in the UK. Most of our guys have been playing together for years.. so i will say that having a big clan can be close if you have longevity under your belt. We do have some newer guys that we dont see that much.. but our core is very active and we very much enjoy what UF offers for variety of times and game play types.

Tweek, if UF is not flexible enough for you, there are other tourneys out there for your clan's enjoyment.

Here at UF, worthwhile clans know that the PAYOFF to Hell Week far outweighs the commitment of JUST one week.

Either this is the tourney for you or it isn't. The answer to that is solely up to your clan.

And as for your assessment of 40 or 50 members of a clan unable to be a family and instead just get lost in a shuffle, the 2 invite you to talk with any Ravenfall member or members of some other clans here in UF...size has nothing to do with how players feel within a clan. Nothing to do with it.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the capabilities of its leadership.

But again, whether UF is for you is only up to you...but the continued criticism of a tourney you haven't even participated in yet is becoming telling of your clan if you were a part of it.

Perhaps you may want to try Chaos Tactics. They're suited to handle clans of your caliber as well. :)

OH!

I forgot to include this.

If you DO bring your clan over to Chaos Tactics, as their eval tourney might not be as insanely stringent as ours. Make sure you tell Havoc/Bishop, the coordinator over there, that UF sent you. He'll give you a good tour. Just be careful, though, as he tends to get really happy and then email pics of his teenie weenie around. Did you happen to see it yet? It's cute.

Anyone got a link for these guys to Havoc/Bishop's peep show? LOL

cBF has about 28 members with about 18 or so very active. We are capping ourselves at 40 or so, just to make sure we can always man wars. Our core has also been together since the beginning of Socom 2. The only other game we played as a clan was COD4 and for us that was a mistake. We love to play very tactical and COD was too much of a run and gun game for us. We'd much rather lose wars as a tactical unit than win because one guy is a beast.

I still hope you guys stick around tweek. I think you'd enjoy it once you get to a tac-cap tourney. Thats the tourney Blacktar was talking about.

ok well i'll see what i can do.

We are not criticizing, we are trying to participate and have been told we can not two out of two times so far we might be coming off as whiney bitches but thats not the case dude just trying to get our foot in the door and understand how shit works. It's much different then any of the other organizations we've been apart of and participated in. I've never heard of CT. Honestly the only reason we are interested in playing with you guys is for some new competition and because Chili is such a cool ass "chill" dude from my past. We've heard you guys are competitive and wanted to check it out.. which we've been trying.

For the people that have reached out to me individually or sent welcoming messages in posts they have been hell of cool and the type of people I could see our clan getting along with. We understand you want only legit clans and we are willing to prove to whoever that we dont cheat, glitch, whine, gloat or play bitchmade when we play. If we are able to prove that to you then I would think it would be ok for us to compete in the tournaments that have the payoff's you guys are talking about.

What is the total ~number of active competing clans in UF? (In Socom)

Can anyone give me some examples of prizes/purses given for some of the tournaments? (I'm trying to ask this without sounding like it's the only thing that I care about but I can tell you that it does help "motivate" some of my players)

Um, Well there was RONIN where it was a 1 vs 1 tourney. Entry fee was like 3 or 4 bucks, and the winner of each game (CoD and Socom CA) won copies of Socom Confrontation.

The last tac map saw the winning clan receive Urgent Fury Champ shot glasses for their entire CLAN as long as they were on the roster. Hell, didnt they each get two a piece? I don't remember.

The current Horsemen Tourney will see the 4 winners receive PS3 Eyetoys.

As to how many clans.........I have no idea. I know that you could probably go look at the sign ups for Black to see how many clans are currently participating. Other than that, I wouldn't have the foggiest.

EDIT: And as a RVN gunner, I can tell you that having almost 50 members in our clan doesnt detract in the slightest from our gaming. I could see how it might not be for some people, but for us it is just right.

Undertow IS our leader, and even though the man is so focused on Urgent Fury, and making sure he caters to ALL of the clans here, he still makes time for any one of us that needs his ear. He has a personal relationship with most if not all of us. Not only that, but having the Unit structure that Ravenfall has, we have plenty of people to meet our day to day needs.

In closing, having 50 members is an asset IMO. If Lucy has to take her kids to soccer practice, Jerry can fill in. It still is a matter of preference and public exposure. Some clans can't GET people to recruit, let alone handle a clan the size of RVN. And that's OK. It has never been said the largest is the best here. It's always been about honoring your tag, your opponent, and yourself. If you can get 50 boys and girls to do that, then you have one helluva clan.

Don't forget the flat panel tv we had to part with 2 TACMAP tourneys ago. LOL

Though it was certainly a great prize, we saw the limitation in it in that only ONE member of that winning clan was able to enjoy that prize. I was a big fan of the UF shot glasses we just sent out to SxB for winning it all, as I got to see them before we shipped them to SxB. Very cool, and I could see us doing that again. Had the name of the specific tourney they won and everything, so it makes it personal to them. They received 64 glasses total, in theory, two per member on a UF roster for the tourney.

From my personal standpoint, they prizes are cool, but an after thought. The fact that we can play wars and concentrate on the job at hand, not cheaters, and crooked refs, and bad organization is enough for me.

As far as active clans. Currently there are 30 clans playing black (2 dropped out). I know of at least 3 clans offhand that weren't playing because so few members with ps3's and Socom at the time of sign-ups. I'm sure there are a few more lurker clans out there.

Take that 30 clan figure, multiply it by a generous 40 member clan each, some more some less, and you're essentially entertaining up to 1,200 players just in one Black tournament alone.

And I think we manage it pretty well, from my personal stand point. Whe you're trying to entertain that many potential players from around the country at the same time, some can see why we're very careful in the implementation and following of the UF rules. When something goes out of whack, we're dealing with a lot of frustrated players...

With the number and variety of tourneys we have coming out sooner than you think, we'll have plenty of room for any and all newcomers. :)

Cant wait!

I know this might come up later, but what if you don't win a game at all? Will the clan be able to try and go again, but have a waiting period? Or just be kind of shoved to the side.... LOL. I don't think that's UF, but you know what I am getting at...

HusH- ]

Cant wait!

I know this might come up later, but what if you don't win a game at all? Will the clan be able to try and go again, but have a waiting period? Or just be kind of shoved to the side.... LOL. I don't think that's UF, but you know what I am getting at...

This is the part that would have worried me if we weren't already a part of UF. Not everyone has skills and we like to play for the fun of it. So it would totally bite if you couldn't ever win a game. The fact that skill determines entrance is a little yuck, IMO.

From what I understand the evaluation process isnt so much about the skill. It was stated somewhere that the primary purpose is to see if the members of the clan can man they're team for the 5 wars in a row and win with honor , lose with dignity.

IM NOT STAFF and have nothing to do with UF other than a participant in the wars.. but I dont think if you lost all 5 wars UF would say you have no chance of coming back, that doesnt sound like UF at all.

Also.. If you lose all 5 wars.. .but 4 of them were by 1 kill in 1 round or something.. and Everyone on your clan was alot of fun to play with and lost with respect... .. Im not sure that would completely DQ you from getting in either.

Again this is all just IMO... but so far from what I have seen UF is pretty much the greatest group of gamers I've ever played with. I look forward to checking these forums everyday. I would never want to be apart of another tournament site. I think your over thinking it to much... just come play and have fun playing.. and Im sure everything will work itself out from there.

Undertow ]

As long as the Hell Week clan can fully staff their wars that week and win at LEAST one out of the five wars, all while winning and losing with honor and dignity, then that clan will be welcomed into the UF community, able to participate in all the tournaments that UF offers.

Five wars, ONE of them has to be won.

If a clan comes to UF's Hell Week and cannot win a war, then they'll have to go through Hell Week again, but back into a scheduled "line," if one exists, to give the next clan a chance.

We don't look at this as "turning a clan away." As some of you stated above, UF just doesn't do that. BUT, we also say that UF always brings a clan closer together. A clan doesn't become closer from just lazy gaming. A clan comes together when trying to achieve a goal. A purpose. We're GIVING those clans a goal, and that's to win their way into Urgent Fury.

The applications I've been getting from UF players who want to participate in the UF EVAL TEAM aren't super-monster gunners or anything. They're just good players from the community. I don't think the odds are stacked against any team looking to enter UF. If anything, it should be the UF vets that are at a disadvantage, as they're going up against a unified CLAN.

There are plenty of ways to look at it.

We always try to help a clan get better.

Let's say a clan DOESN'T make it in on their first try.

We HOPE that they re-group, throw in a couple practices (heck, they could even schedule a scrim or two with some UF clans to practice, as I know plenty of clans here that would oblige) and then that clan gets to try to climb that hill again...together.

We're giving them something to strive for.

And correct me if I am mistaken, but would you say that, once in UF, we ALL have something to strive for no matter which tourney we enroll in? So in essence, why should Hell Week be any different? The goal....to win just ONE of five.

We will never say "you suck, now get out of here."

We'll tell them "nice try, you know what you can work on now, so do it and come back and kick our asses."

Win with honor, lose with dignity.

We motivate them.

The Urgent Fury community is their trophy.

And we'll do what we can to help them attain it.

I can think of no better gift to hand a new clan to UF as they discover what a great place UF truly is.