Xbox 360 Vs PS3

there are 2 settings in the PS3 options.. i dont remember what category.. but it has 2 options.. 1 for upscaling and one for smoothing. w/o these on yea it will look like crap. and some think that the 480p looks better.. but the 1080p upscale looks pretty damn good on my 37" LCD. If you cant find the options i will fire up the ps3 and post the options category.

I've got the PS3 and personally I think I got a better value. I paid $499 for the 20Gb, +$50 for a 80GB HDD to replace the 20GB. I also have a built in Blue Ray player I don't have to pay to play online.

When I looked at the 360 it was $400 for the system, another $200 for the HD-DVD player and pay to play online. And as far as I know you cannot upgrade the HDD for the 360 and you cannot put an OS on the 360. This may have changed now with all the jockying they have done with their new versions.

Now right now I am sure the 360 lilbrary is bigger and maybe even a little better BUT when developers start learning how and developing for the Cell I think the PS3 will win the battle.

I hate the fact that people use the "you have to pay to play online" argument. If you played Xbox Live for any amount of time, you would notice that it's worth every buck. I mean 50 bucks for a year.. honestly is that too much to ask for? Not to me.. especially when you're paying for lag-free and glitcher free rooms. Anyone who glitches gets banned, simple as that. I've had a 360 for about half a year now and I've never played in one room with a glitcher. Almost every room I join has almost no lag in it.

So I don't think the "you have to pay" argument is anything strong because it's cheap as hell and just provides for a way better gaming experience online.

[And by the way, Devil May Cry 4 = 360, too.]

-ChurcH- ]

I hate the fact that people use the "you have to pay to play online" argument. If you played Xbox Live for any amount of time, you would notice that it's worth every buck. I mean 50 bucks for a year.. honestly is that too much to ask for? Not to me.. especially when you're paying for lag-free and glitcher free rooms. Anyone who glitches gets banned, simple as that. I've had a 360 for about half a year now and I've never played in one room with a glitcher. Almost every room I join has almost no lag in it.

So I don't think the "you have to pay" argument is anything strong because it's cheap as hell and just provides for a way better gaming experience online.

I gladly pay. I will also gladly pay if PSN decides to charge for online too. You 100% right about the cheat free rooms. Well mostly, every time I log into Halo, I see very strange shit.

-ChurcH- ]

When it comes to online.. You get what you pay for..!

I play Halo everyday... what strange stuff did you see?... you can report the people..... if you see any glitching.. xbox moderators can get in ur xbox and see if your moded anything..

If anyone can let me know how to upconvert the 1080p.. who ever told me you can.. i tried it if you can send me a Private Message with that info i would be very grateful... i turned everything on and its still not smoothing or looking half as good as progressive scan...

-ChurcH- ]

Wow all that about one little comparison in my statement. Anything about the costs for the additional HDD? Or how about the extra cost for the HD-DVD player? Or anything about the fact that you cannot use a larger HDD? How about the fact that developers cannot develop games to utilize a HDD since not everyone that has a 360 has one? Or even develop games that can utilize the HD-DVD for the same reason. At least the PS3 developers can utilize the fact that everyone has at least a 20GB HDD and a Blue Ray player built in.

I also hear a lot about lag free games from 360 owners, I also hear that there is still lag on Xbox live. Xbox Live doesn't make your internet connection better so whether you like it or not there will be lag on ANY online system. Lag will disappear when we all have 20Mbps up and download and latency less then 30ms.

By the way I was not bashing Xbox Live in my original comparison. My point was to be that a lot of people complain about the cost of the PS3, if you add it all up the Xbox will cost more. I would not mind paying $50/year if Sony did something similar but even with that it would still be more cost affective to get the PS3.

The thing is.. we are paying 50 dollars to microsoft not just for the service.. we are paying for moderators watching and taking out players that are glitching... creating a fun atmosphere.. you report a guy.. a xbox guy is already on it and will follow hte player... they can have a abundunt number of moderators since they are getting paid.. 1 for every 5... unlike wat is sonys.. 1 for every 100,000... takes them 2 years to ban a constant glitcher that i and other people have called..

Guest umerfonz
MaluNYMets ]

1 for every 5... unlike wat is sonys.. 1 for every 100,000...

Where did you come up with this statistic?  ::)

I can't find it anywhere... lol

umerfonz ]
MaluNYMets ]

1 for every 5... unlike wat is sonys.. 1 for every 100,000...

Where did you come up with this statistic?  ::)

I can't find it anywhere... lol

I am sure that is what the perception is and if you went by how playing online games on the PS2 I would tend to agree. I personally have not come across any glitchers on the PS3 but I have not been online as much as I use to be with Socom. I know Sony has stated that they are going to have a security system in place with the PSN but how far that goes I have no idea.