Kevin Garnett traded to the Celtics

Guest [APC] 6ravity
-Mr.Wickwire- ]

1. Detroit

2. Miami

3. Cleveland

4. Boston

You're off your rocker! The second best record in the Eastern Conference last season isn't even on that list. Yet, the Heat are, who Chicago swept in the first round?

The Celtics will NOT finish ahead of Chicago.

Just some stuff I heard on the Radio from Vegas

Odds:

Celtics to Win NBA Championship Before Garnett - 100:1

Celtics to Win NBA Championship After Garnett - 5:1

Celtics to Win Eastern Conference Before Garnett - 79:1

Celtics to Win Eastern Conference After Garnett - 5:2

Only 3 teams have better odds to win NBA Championship

Dallas - 7:2

S.A. - 4:1

Phoenix - 4:1

Goat ]

Odds for MN to win NBA Championship before trade.

1000-1

Odds for MN to win NBA Championship after trade

See odds for Snow in Hell.

Odds that Kevin McFail Will pull some other boner idiotic GM decision in MN.

Even.

Honestly you get a good amount of talent in return for KG and you get two 1st round picks. Having the young core of players the T Wolves have now and 4 draft picks in the next 2 years is definitely a step in the right direction.

Guest KingJunk
Honestly you get a good amount of talent in return for KG and you get two 1st round picks. Having the young core of players the T Wolves have now and 4 draft picks in the next 2 years is definitely a step in the right direction.

And they have Sebastian Telfair who will develop his A game in the next year or 2 just watch!!

Well unless they are throwing Wally Szczerbiak into the deal I'm not interested!!

LMFAO!!

If it's such a good deal then how come the papers are saying if it gets done Ainge will have some redemption in Boston for his past mistakes.. . what does that say for McFail?

Whatever the deal.. when you get two of the worst GM's in the history of the league together to make a deal the chances of it working out for either is slim to none.

Oh and two first round pics... doesn't even make up for half the one's we lost in the Joe Smith fiasco!!

The big question in MN is "Who is the MN Timberwolves now?

Around town we have several huge banners of KG with the words "THE FACE OF THE T-Wolves!" well who are they going to put up there now??? I mean come on Al Jefferson??? not likely?

As for young team vs veteran players... well we have tried that before and it just means we aren't going anywhere for a while.. again..

The buzz in BOSTON is this is a WIN-WIN situation for the Celtics.. well good for them.. but that equates to a LOSE-LOSE situation for the Timberpups any way you look at it..

p.s. I have a signed basketball, Rookie card, Jersey number patch, Original Jacket, and other Garnett TW crapola.. any of you Celtics fans want em!!? LOL.

Goat ]

The big question in MN is "Who is the MN Timberwolves now?

Around town we have several huge banners of KG with the words "THE FACE OF THE T-Wolves!" well who are they going to put up there now??? I mean come on Al Jefferson??? not likely?

Corey Brewer???

You know the funny thing is people say they are getting alot for him with 2 1st round draft picks. One of those 2 are the T-Wolves to begin with when they gave away Szczerbiak for Davis.

people around here are ready to lynch Kevin Mchale

If he didn't trade him and got nothing for him after his contract was up this year, you and the other fans up there would be saying the same thing I bet. And since your in the mood for lynching, you may as well grab an extra rope for Glen Taylor as well. Mchale doesn't make this trade without Taylors blessings and I'd go so far to say that it was his idea, not Mchales.

As far as the Vegas odds....well, Vegas is interested in one thing, as we all know, and that's making money. 100-1 down to 5-1 is an obvious attempt to play on the emotions of the overzealous Celtic fans and no nothing handi-capers out there. It takes defense to win championships and you can look at the last 10 NBA championship teams for proof. Ray Allen can shoot, but is coming off 2 ankle injuries and between he and Paul Pierce they barley played a full season combined....both with around 45 games played last year. Neither of them are very defensive players when they are healthy. The other thing is that all these guys are scorers. Who's going to distribute? I mean, yes KG can pass, but he's not Nash or stockton or anything.

So their odds were 100-1 and now I'd say they are improved to 99-1 in reality. Maybe a 4 seed, maybe a 5, but certainly not a champion.

They will be fun to watch though and at least they are again relevant! If I were a Celts fan I would be pumped too right now.

-Omni

wow

people are blind ar really hardheaded the celtics are gonna be the team to beat with the allstar line up ..stop denying it

ya'll know deep down behind all the skull you know you went shit when they got ray allen and then they get garnett

c'mon thats like saying peyton manning sucks cuz youre a bears fan

and they will finish with a better record then the bulls cinderella season i know two people on the bulls gordonn o yeah and rodman jr ( 4 points a game wallace)lol

p.s. telfair's a bum

and they will finish with a better record then the bulls cinderella season i know two people on the bulls gordonn o yeah and rodman jr ( 4 points a game wallace)lol

Cinderella season? The Bulls were anticipated to be a 50 win team or better last year, so they don't fall into the Cinderella category. Also the Bulls have made it to the playoffs now 3 consecutive years and the year the Heat won the championship the Bulls were their toughest test. Also if you can only name two people on the Bulls then you don't watch very much basketball outside Boston lol.

Reading all your guys post is just funny as hell. I can't believe people still talk about the east. It is the worst division in pro sports. That is right I said "SPORTS". They won't win a championship in the next 5 years. Even if KG is with the celtics it might put them near the top of their conference but it won't win them a championship. The west is way to strong.

That is the simple fact of it the east has completely fallen off. There is no rivalries and the NBA is further tarnished by crooked refs, thug players and no connection with blue collar people. Which is why I love the NFL and College Football.

Red0ctobeR ]

That is the simple fact of it the east has completely fallen off. There is no rivalries and the NBA is further tarnished by crooked refs, thug players and no connection with blue collar people. Which is why I love the NFL and College Football.

I know the NFL is the way to go with no Thug Players:

M. Vick

C. Henry

P. Jones

Tank

I can go on with others. Sports these days are tarnished forever, if its not crooked refs, its steroids, dog fighting. Hell they may as well make poker an actual sport so they can find someone with x-ray glasses that can read the cards when they are face down.

B)

Guest KingJunk

I am tired of all you guys calling all these players Thugs do you even know what a thug is just because a man "Black Man" has braids in his hair don't make him a thug or just because he wear his pants low that do not even make them a thug and for the record thugs are not just "Black Guys" who get in trouble. Shit people tried to make million of excuses for Chris Benoit when he killed himself and his family. All I heard was boo hoo he was such a good guy blahh blahh but in the end mostly everybody forgave him FUCK that I don't feel sorry for no man who harm kids! Now just because these players have run ins with the law DO NOT MAKE THEM THUGS it make them dumb FUCKS with a lot of Money.

The Knicks are going to win it all this year.. lol... STEPHON MARBURY... hey u guys if u like basketball watch this stuff... its Stephen A Smith -NOTHIGNS MORE IMPORTANT THEN WAT I SAY

1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=nAB5lOIl-2U (NBA Draft 2006)

2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvJGghOuFlQ (NBA Draft 2007)

3 -

( makes fun of utah guy)

4 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=BYftKfvcT-U

KingJunk ]

I am tired of all you guys calling all these players Thugs do you even know what a thug is just because a man "Black Man" has braids in his hair don't make him a thug or just because he wear his pants low that do not even make them a thug and for the record thugs are not just "Black Guys" who get in trouble. Shit people tried to make million of excuses for Chris Benoit when he killed himself and his family. All I heard was boo hoo he was such a good guy blahh blahh but in the end mostly everybody forgave him FUCK that I don't feel sorry for no man who harm kids! Now just because these players have run ins with the law DO NOT MAKE THEM THUGS it make them dumb FUCKS with a lot of Money.

Definition of a THUG: A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

I call people thugs who get in fights outside of strip joints (Indiana), guys who walk into a crowd during a game and punch someone, and trust me white guys are prone to this too. I NEVER said that black guys were the reason for the NBA being the way it is. And I agree that it is all pro sports that this is prone too but that was not my only point...WAS IT!