PS3 and Network Config

Not that I have seen people talk about the issues here, I have seen them more on the PS boards, but I created a little guide on how to setup your network and PS3 or consoles in general that will help avoid the issues that a lot of people seem to have.

http://www.clanbluntforce.com/forum/index.php?topic=864.0

I'm going to have to check mine I'm not sure what I have mine on now. Also when I get online to play RB6V I can hear everyone through my TV if my mic is not plugged in. If I plug it in I can not hear them through it but I believe that they can hear me. I have it set to the logitech on both but still doesn't work. It works just fine in CA and it's not broken in anyway.

Any suggestons?

For your Mic make sure you have it setup correctly in the XMB system options. I use Bluetooth and that is set as my primary and all I have to do is turn it on and off I go.

Another thing about Mics and RB6 - PLEASE make sure your mic volume is set to 2 or 3, default is 5. I tested this with some friends and 2 or 3 seems to be the best so that we can hear you talk and not hear everything going on in your house. That is why you hear the echo if your mic is too loud the sound from the speaker can be heard in the mic.

Nice write up on config and I agree Tomato is better then most of the firmware for Routers.

I also agree totally on the 2 or 3 setting for your mic.

I do have a work around solution for those that find this way over their head.

Unplug your Router.. and plug your PS3 directly into the modem..

Done! ;)

(you no longer have UnP available but you don't need it anymore since all ports are open.. also you now have a NAT 1 connection.)

p.s. I can say this however because I have a buis class modem that has several ports for different I.P.'s this really won't help you unless you don't need any other device on the net when you are on your ps3. But in a worst case scenario and if you can do without your laptop or Pc when you are online with your ps3 then a direct to modem connection is the ticket.