Best (or worst) in show: Ranking all 34 bowls

28. International Bowl

Buffalo vs. Connecticut

Noon, Jan. 3 (ESPN2)

The Bulls stunned previously unbeaten Ball State 42-24 in the MAC championship game on Friday night. They were rewarded with their first-ever trip to a bowl game -- in Toronto.

;D That game vs. Ball State was awesome. The program has turned around, but unfortunately Turner Gill will get a new job for next season.

MIwanski ]

Yeah Johnson dunno if hell be taking off this year but next year for sure unfortunately. I hate that we can't bring him back to Nebraska. That man has a very bright future as a head coach where ever he goes.

Already throwing Bo Pelini under the bus eh? LOL

ANd I don believe Turner Gill will be leaving. Probably to Syracuse. Good stepping stone job right there.

MIwanski ]

Yeah Johnson dunno if hell be taking off this year but next year for sure unfortunately. I hate that we can't bring him back to Nebraska. That man has a very bright future as a head coach where ever he goes.

He interviewed for the Nebraska Job last year. Looks like Syracuse will be his next step, even though the Orangemen have been soo bad for a long time now. Will be tough turning that job around.

I have heard rumors that Auburn has asked to speak with Gill also.

I would really like to go to Toronto for that game, But our Flag Football championship is that day and I expect to play in it.

No no. Im not throwing Pelini under the bus. He did a fine job this year. But Gill is just a good coach would love to have him on the staff still but that man will thrive where ever. But as for the Auburn job its lookin like he is just one of those interviews for Auburn to make them look good in the NCAA's eyes that they are interviewing an African American. And for the Cuse job it sounds like Holtz is gettin alot of run over there. Who knows though only time can tell.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest [+30]PuddyTat

5. Allstate Sugar Bowl

No. 6 Utah vs. No. 4 Alabama

8 p.m., Jan. 2

Sugar Bowl officials can only hope this game is better than the 2007 edition, in which Georgia routed unbeaten Hawaii 41-10. Alabama might have too much defense for the Utes, who are rather pedestrian on offense. At least Utah has been more battled tested than Hawaii was last season, beating Michigan, TCU and BYU.

this pisses me off to no end. how the hell do they compare this years utah team to hawaii? how bout they look back 3 years to utah beating oklahoma and finishing #3 in the country. not bad for a non bcs conference team that has seen 2 bcs bowls in 4 years. if you dont believe what im saying, just look at the MWC record against the PAC 9+USC for the last year and explain to me what makes these conferences so much different. i really hate utah, but i just want them to win so i can get up early saturday mornign and watch all the natsayers on ESPN try to backpedal on this one.

21. PapaJohns.com Bowl

NC State vs. Rutgers

3 p.m., Dec. 29 (ESPN)

Who could have imagined either of these teams playing in a bowl game two months ago? The Scarlet Knights lost five of their first six games, but won six in a row to finish 7-5. The Wolfpack started the season 2-6, but won four in a row to finish 6-6.

this bowl ranking really ticked me off, it was a GOOD close game. it wasnt as close as the missouri game, but both teams here played VERY well and put on a good show.

RNG187 ]

21. PapaJohns.com Bowl

NC State vs. Rutgers

3 p.m., Dec. 29 (ESPN)

Who could have imagined either of these teams playing in a bowl game two months ago? The Scarlet Knights lost five of their first six games, but won six in a row to finish 7-5. The Wolfpack started the season 2-6, but won four in a row to finish 6-6.

this bowl ranking really ticked me off, it was a GOOD close game. it wasnt as close as the missouri game, but both teams here played VERY well and put on a good show.

I follow Rutgers, but I'm not a big fan like I am with Penn state! Was raised in South Jersey so small time schools like Rutgers, Temple, Villanova, Lasalle etc. that aren't really known for their college football programs except rutgers who be came pretty known last year. I love ray rice!

2. Rose Bowl Game Presented by Citi

No. 8 Penn State vs. No. 5 USC

4:30 p.m., Jan. 1 (ABC)

Each team was one victory away from playing for the national championship. The Nittany Lions are playing in the Rose Bowl for the only the third time; the Trojans will be in Pasadena, Calif., for the fourth consecutive season. Penn State's first appearance was a 14-3 loss to USC on New Year's Day 1923 -- a little more than three years before coach Joe Paterno was born.

I'm a huge PSU fan, but I'm also realistic this game is going to be a test for the lions! USC is fast on both side of the ball. WE ARE--------PENNSTATE!