Mets closing deal on K-ROD

They didn't need HIM bad, they needed ANYONE bad. Wagner gone for all of next year, they HAD to get him or Fuentes. I think it'll be a good deal but most analysts will say that K-Rod's day is behind him. ONLY because the person who set the record ended up being shitty for the rest of their career.

My biggest concern might be his transition from the AL to the NL. Usually AL pitchers dominate the NL more because it's the weaker league (theoretically), but there's always exceptions.

Now the Mets need to bolster their bullpen and get a power starter to balance out their rotation, now that Oliver Perez is gone.

You can have him!!! LIDGE>Krod

Honestly I think all closers are over rated! You can throw anyone in there to do the job as long as they were put there during spring training so they can adjust there routine. To name a few Gagne, Myers, Wood, Dempster

The mets need alot more then just a closer. CHOKE CHOKE

mess-1.png

Mets-1.jpg

Mets2.jpg

metschoke2.jpg

metsmeltdown.jpg

metssuck3.jpg

AND UNLIKE THE METS WHO HAVENT WON IT IN OVER WHAT 20 YEARS??? THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS WON IT HOLDING THE TROPHY....SUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSS

mlb_a_rollins_200.jpg

10292008sf101-1.jpg

Not really, Philly. It takes a lot to be a closer. To have that sort of pressure in your shoulders night after night knowing that you hold the fate of the game, potentially the season in your hand. It takes a GREAT deal of focus, determination and concentration. Look at people like Armando Benitez who couldn't handle the pressure and ended up being a terrible closer, despite a few good years.

People like Mariano Rivera will be mentioned as one of the greatest closers of all time because of his consistency and his ability to shut out games night after night, both season and playoffs. He's been dominant during his time and it takes a lot more than adjusting during spring training to get to that level of skill

I just read from the winter meetings the phillies might of just got into the Jake peavy running. They want AJ happ, jason donald and chris coste. I love peavy, but I don't want the phillies to do this deal. AJ Happ and Jason donald are studs. Happ reminds me so much of cole hamels and randy johnson in that lanky body and hes a lefty. If you guys havent heard about this dude hes a beast, but he plays SS. Rollins only is 30 prob get 4-5 more years out of him. So the phillies need to make up there mind gas up rollins or donald!

Brad Lidge come on man. You shouldn't be talking having the worst losing record in the history of baseball lol. Your team won. Don't worry about others worry about yourself.

- Mets lost over 30 games because of blowing the lead in the 8th or 9th inning. With Putz who is better then K-Rod in the 8th and K-Rod in the 9th they have to win atleast 28 of those games. Putz can close if K-Rod needs a rest too.

YOUR an idiot mets! Is that all you have is to say we lost more games? Phillies been around alot longer then alot of teams. The record goes back to the days when they werent even called the phillies but what ever!

Bridge was perfect....PERFECT last season....Atleast I can say the phillies won it in the last 20 years un-like the mets!

The Mets TRY like i said TRY to be like the yankee's and buy their championships, but to have them choke each year.

And atleast I can also say the phillies groom 85% of there MLB roster in there OWN FARM SYSTEM.

rollins

burrell

utley

howard

ruiz

coste

hamels

myers

kendrick

aj happ

ryan madson

to name a few!

Good luck opening the 2009 season up with who ever you play, while we are revealing are championship pennant!!!