MLB Off Season News, Rumors, Trades & Free Agent Signings

Yo CC will go to the Giants! He's been delaying the Yankees offer to see if the Giants would make him an offer! His wife even wants him to be a Giant!

But then I read today CC told the dodgers GM "he wants to be a dodger" not sure how true it is that he said that. I don't think he cares who he plays with as long as its a West Coast team.

Then I also read the brewers would consider offering CC a 2 year contract that would pay him as much as a 3 year contract would be and that he again can become a free agent when he turns 30

Arcaicviper ]

WTF! the NFL season is awesome this year, we are almost to playoffs and your already bringing up the damn MLB ::) wait or spring training at least. i mean come on your eagles still have a chance they beat the giants and the cowboys suck.

Yea I agree, but this is the most exciting period (except when your team wins it all). All the News, Rumors, Trades & Free Agent Signings happen during the Winter Meetings!

The Yankees are CLOSE to signing CC. There hasn't been a straight up agreement yet but they're working out minor kinks left over. He will be going to the Yankees very soon.

The Giants were supposed to make a minor offer, somewhere along the lines of the same contract that the Brewers offered, but a few million less. All the offers are still on the table for him, but he's close to signing with the Yanks

CC signed a deal worth 160mil for 7 years. That's what I heard on the radio on my way back to work on lunch.

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reported that to get the deal completed, the Yankees added a seventh year to their original six-year, $140 million offer, bringing the total package to seven years and $161 million -- at $23 million a season, by far the biggest contract for any pitcher in history. He also confirmed that Sabathia can opt out of the deal after three years -- addressing his concerns about living in New York with his wife and children.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3759182

PHILLYFAN ]

I just read the deal. He has an opt out for the third year. He'll be gone after that lol

Did you read why they gave him the option to opt out after the third year? They said it's because he wasn't sure if NY was going to be safe for his family. For 23mil a year my family can live in a vault in NY. Otherwise with that pay I should be able to afford enough security to protect my family.

Its now saying C.C. is close to signing the deal, the deal is for 7years 161m. Yankees are really stupid for this one I wont be surprised if the big unit is signed by the Yankees again either thats the only way they can put a team together I guess growing their players is to hard for them. They should start trading those draft pics cuz they aren't using them.

opie and anthony were talking about this, this morning. opie said it best "why're we buying playing instead of raising babies? buy a player, win a title. raise a baby? we create a dynasty. did our farm system die or something?"

he's right, when we had scott brocious, shane spencer, and that crew, the yankees were UNSTOPPABLE! but now when we have to buy players at the end of their careers, we're not doing too hot. bring back the farm!

opie and anthony were talking about this, this morning. opie said it best "why're we buying playing instead of raising babies? buy a player, win a title. raise a baby? we create a dynasty. did our farm system die or something?"

he's right, when we had scott brocious, shane spencer, and that crew, the yankees were UNSTOPPABLE! but now when we have to buy players at the end of their careers, we're not doing too hot. bring back the farm!

The Yankees bought some of that team, too. Shane Spencer only came up for a month+playoffs and he just happened to be a hot rookie in 1998. Scott Brosius, Tino Martinez, Chuck Knoblauch were all taken in off the market and it worked out. Oh and by the way.. CC isn't even close to the end of his career.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Its now saying C.C. is close to signing the deal, the deal is for 7years 161m. Yankees are really stupid for this one I wont be surprised if the big unit is signed by the Yankees again either thats the only way they can put a team together I guess growing their players is to hard for them. They should start trading those draft pics cuz they aren't using them.

You're stupid. How is signing possibly one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball who's in the middle of his prime a bad thing? If CC does decide NOT to opt out, he will be only 35 by the end of his contract. How can you even say because of this deal that the Yankees will probably get Randy Johnson. You make no sense. The Yankees needed a TRUE ace. They needed an ace that they did NOT have in their farm system.

The Yankees STILL have Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy. The Yankees have one of the best farm systems in baseball, but none of those players are at the point where they'd fit in the majors. There's just no space for them.

And you have to remember all the talent the Yankees DID grow over the past 10+ years: Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettitte, Soriano, Joba, Cano.. those are some pretty damn good names if you ask me. The Yankees know how to hold on to their home grown talent. It's just a matter of how long will it take before they're MLB bound.

The Yankees are a joke. The only reason why they are comepetitive every year is because there is no salary cap on baseball. The Yankees get players like Sabathia because they put out 60 MILLION more dollars then the other offer. It is not fair to the other teams, like the Rays, who were American League Champions with less then a quarter of what the Yankees pay their players.

Sure, they Yankees have some solid talent that was home grown, but they can only compete with these high end free agents.

It's just funny to see the Yankees and their 200+ million dollar payroll fail to make the playoffs. You can honestly compare it to a BCS football team losing to a WAC team.

Oh and Sabathia will be a good fit in New York. Because he blows in the playoffs, haha.

Joba + half those names are overrated garbage, the only reason they have names is cuz they are in NY. Joba hasn't done shit yet during the year he was talked about more then real talented home grown pitchers like Price and Lincecum. Now I guess I'm stupid to believe what pretty much all the NY fans are saying yea well bite me,You moron I never said because they signed CC that, thats the reason they would sign Johnson I just know how bad thier pitching is oh wait if the pitchings so good why offer AJ a 5 year deal and are in play for another starter yea ok Joba, hughes, and kennedy are good yea a good joke. See your a fan of the Yankees so no matter what your going to think that all the players are good and defend them so you can't really talk about it so take your team of AllStars and none existent farm club and go ahead and keep losing to Boston, and the Reys.

I also have a prediction for the yankees they will go after Manny Ramirez soon to show how much they believe in their farm system.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Joba + half those names are overrated garbage, the only reason they have names is cuz they are in NY. Joba hasn't done shit yet during the year he was talked about more then real talented home grown pitchers like Price and Lincecum. Now I guess I'm stupid to believe what pretty much all the NY fans are saying yea well bite me,You moron I never said because they signed CC that, thats the reason they would sign Johnson I just know how bad thier pitching is oh wait if the pitchings so good why offer AJ a 5 year deal and are in play for another starter yea ok Joba, hughes, and kennedy are good yea a good joke. See your a fan of the Yankees so no matter what your going to think that all the players are good and defend them so you can't really talk about it so take your team of AllStars and none existent farm club and go ahead and keep losing to Boston, and the Reys.

I also have a prediction for the yankees they will go after Manny Ramirez soon to show how much they believe in their farm system.

I'm kinda speechless after that one... Joba is a solid pitcher and I am saying this as a non-yankee fan. This was his first time back to starting to starting pitching and he went 4-3 with 100 innings pitched, 118 k's and oh yeah an ERA of 2.60!! Yeah thats total garbage to me. ::)