Game of the Year =...

i agree, IT SUCKED........

jack black all he did was talk about stupid brutal legend.

GTAIV didnt deserve it.

GOTY as we all know is MGS4, most gaming websites such as IGN and gamepro will probably give it to MGS4, gametrailers i doubt it as they are with spike now.

It was bull MGS4 got hosed down, in my opinion MGS4 is the greatest game ever made, WITH THE GREATEST STORY EVER.

Now best PS3 game is though LBP is really good and it reached out to the mass market not just the hardcore, oldschool gamer that knows about MGS and stuff. If you have never played MGS and you pick up MGS4 you wont even understand it, lol.

Hopefully the other GOTY and awards on other sites give MGS4 the place it deserves.

Last but not least Tony hawk is gay for saying the thing he was most excited about is the new maps, seriously GOD OF WAR III OMFG THIS GAME IS GOING TO F-CKING ROCK. the preview of GOW3 had to be the best part.

I actually think that Uncharted 2 had the best trailer. GOW3 didn't show THAT much as it was more of a 15 second teaser than actual trailer.

Dante's Inferno looks pretty interesting.. I'm looking forward to learning more about this as time goes on.

But besides those 3.. borrrinnnnnggggg

yea on GT it is well know that Geoff is a freaking XBOT and if you have been to gametrailers you know they are XBOTS because they suppress anything PS3 related and spike is with them, so it figures.

i still think MGS4 got ripped off. I think spike shouldnt go by just OHHH gta4 its a gta game, all gta games were GOTY so this one too, choose the real good game. Im a very angry fanboy right now.

CDBS14 ]

i agree' date=' IT SUCKED........

jack black all he did was talk about stupid brutal legend.

GTAIV didnt deserve it.

GOTY as we all know is MGS4, most gaming websites such as IGN and gamepro will probably give it to MGS4, gametrailers i doubt it as they are with spike now.

It was bull MGS4 got hosed down, in my opinion MGS4 is the greatest game ever made, WITH THE GREATEST STORY EVER.

Now best PS3 game is though LBP is really good and it reached out to the mass market not just the hardcore, oldschool gamer that knows about MGS and stuff. If you have never played MGS and you pick up MGS4 you wont even understand it, lol.

Hopefully the other GOTY and awards on other sites give MGS4 the place it deserves.

Last but not least Tony hawk is gay for saying the thing he was most excited about is the new maps, seriously GOD OF WAR III OMFG THIS GAME IS GOING TO F-CKING ROCK. the preview of GOW3 had to be the best part.

[/quote']

i assume you have never played half life? but thats probably IYO, :D but ya i agree GTAIV was good but definatly not game of the year good.

i have played half life, lol; but there was no half life game this year ;D

left for dead got best multiplayer because it is just a ton of fun online that was a good award.

But giving it to GTA4 which is like the game that all people think gamers play is dumb, had it gone to fallout3 i wouldnt be as mad, but that award was meant for MGS4.

Vengeance ]

ye half-life 2 was pretty awesome...you guys seen the new black mesa trailer? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43238.html

Too bad Black Mesa isn't an actual game made by Valve.. it's a mod by gamers who have the source code. Meaning.. it'll be PC only.. meaning I'll never play it >:(

Breaking out of the normal SHOOTER or ACTION style game genre, the sports games of the year should go to NHL 09 and NCAA 09, those guys, IMO set the standard for all online sports gaming titles, they did a phenomenal job if you are looking into online dynasty/franchise modes.

Rage75 ]

Breaking out of the normal SHOOTER or ACTION style game genre, the sports games of the year should go to NHL 09 and NCAA 09, those guys, IMO set the standard for all online sports gaming titles, they did a phenomenal job if you are looking into online dynasty/franchise modes.

I agree with this. NHL is the best sports game I have ever played. Madden this year was the worst.

Madden is always the worst.. lol

I understand that MGS4 was a great game, but when you are talking about GOTY how could anyone besides a Sony fan justify giving the award to an exclusive game title..? (have they ever done that before..?)

Think about it.. as great as it may have been, how would you feel if they gave it to Gears 2.?

You have to think about the big picture..

What game would you vote for based on multi-platform game titles only.?

Each system should have its own GOTY, but overall you cant give that award to an exclusive.

Dont get me wrong.. im not backing GTA IV, im just saying.. ;D

Also i think im gonna have to pick up NHL 09 (as much as i HATE EA these days)

Chili-Palmer ]

Madden is always the worst.. lol

I understand that MGS4 was a great game, but when you are talking about GOTY how could anyone besides a Sony fan justify giving the award to an exclusive game title..? (have they ever done that before..?)

Think about it.. as great as it may have been, how would you feel if they gave it to Gears 2.?

You have to think about the big picture..

Each system should have its own GOTY, but overall you cant give that award to an exclusive.

if it has to do with fanboys then it should have gone to fallout3, a much better game with much more replay value than gta4.

Chili-Palmer ]

Fallout 3 should have won GOTY.IMO

To be honest i don't know how the hell Fallout 3 got Best RPG. That game was alright but to call it an RPG its just crap, the game had only a single story which you could beat it quick, or if you want to play the whole thing you can just do all the side quest which that is what the game is really about. I did about 30 something quest.Overall i wouldn't call it an RPG it was a good game i give it that but not that great to get GOTY.

Well Bethesda did say Fallout IS an RPG with a shooter element added to it. They added the shooter element that way people wouldn't say that all they did was make a different version of Oblivion. You pretty much said exactly what an RPG is. You could do the main quest or you could also do the side quests. Isn't that what an RPG is all about? You upgrading the things that you take with you and do quests that determine the path you ultimately take

First of all...I do not consider Spike TV a respectable authority on reviewing video games. So they could have given the GOTY award to Madden 09 and it wouldn't have bothered me. I am not really surprised GTA IV won the award. GTA IV appeals to a much broader audience and Rockstar probably spent more money on Ads with Spike TV than KONAMI did. LOL

Is GTA IV GOTY material?? YES...it was and still is a very good game. I still enjoy visiting Liberty City...it's filled with interesting characters and has a very entertaining story. MGS4....in terms of gameplay was a fantastic game but take out the Feature film length cutscenes and the game is shorted than my little toe.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Well Bethesda did say Fallout IS an RPG with a shooter element added to it. They added the shooter element that way people wouldn't say that all they did was make a different version of Oblivion. You pretty much said exactly what an RPG is. You could do the main quest or you could also do the side quests. Isn't that what an RPG is all about? You upgrading the things that you take with you and do quests that determine the path you ultimately take

You're right but when i play the game it just didn't feel as an RPG. I play many RPGs and this is the kind of RPG i would not enjoy much.The game was very confusing, it was hard enough to know what quest was mandatory and what was not. Lol i just see this game as an unusual RPG it felt more as a Shooter than RPG but that's just in my opinion.

Sal0713 ]
Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

You're right but when i play the game it just didn't feel as an RPG. I play many RPGs and this is the kind of RPG i would not enjoy much.The game was very confusing, it was hard enough to know what quest was mandatory and what was not. Lol i just see this game as an unusual RPG it felt more as a Shooter than RPG but that's just in my opinion.

Really? The only mandatory quest is the quest to find yer dad. EVERYTHING else is a side quest. That is awesome as far as I'm concerned. I've talked to tOOl, rougue, Prime, Wrasslor, and a slew of others and almost nobody has played it the same way. That is just sick. IMO, that IS a RPG. You get to play the role you want. Not like all the "normal" rpg's thaat are fairly linear. This is the game that should get GOTY at every award show this year.

CaribbeanCLANK ]

First of all...I do not consider Spike TV a respectable authority on reviewing video games. So they could have given the GOTY award to Madden 09 and it wouldn't have bothered me. I am not really surprised GTA IV won the award.

GTA IV appeals to a much broader audience and Rockstar probably spent more money on Ads with Spike TV than KONAMI did. LOL

VERY True..!!