SoOo.. Cowboys ??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;D

I just watch alot of football. It's the biggest reason my wife is cool with Socom, she's used to me being absorbed by the tv for hours at a time. She did get mad when NFL network came out and I get creamy football goodness year round. 8)

Neo_Unit001 ]
RNG187 ]

oh, raiders fan? i respect raiders fans, highly. they're loyal as a dog.

No they aren't they burned their jerseys after losing the super bowl they barely sell out the only times us locals get to see them is when they aren't the home team, if they don't sell out they aren't shown on tv. They pass out two eye patches so we don't have to watch the crap and no i'm not a raiders fan, but I know Davis is killing the franchise.

Bout the cowbitchs giving up nothing, the dolphins haven't givin up a TD in 3 weeks so what are they a number one defense all of a sudden are they up there with the steelers, nope so I mean if the dolphins can do that and not be up there with the steelers D then hell no the cowbitchs aren't up there.

The dolphins didnt play Giants and Steelers in the last two weeks. LoL

Who'd they play? Cincinatti and Kansas?

Dave-It doesn't matter everyone will score a TD look at the Raiders they didn't score a TD for a few weeks then go and beat Denver I think it was, its not a easy thing to do even if your playing the weakest teams so how is it easy for a team that went from last to playoff hunt in a year to do it. Yet your cowbitchs go lose to the steelers who aren't a really big offensive team, and then beat a Giants that's falling apart who have been winning with a mess of their big names injured or being retarded in clubs. So I look at the nfls top defenses, and guess what, you'll play the 2nd and 3rd best man thats not looking good.

Im not being a dick, if I wanted to be a dick I would have said you cowbitch fans are stupid fucks that wouldn't know a football from a basketball let alone a good looking D from a not so good looking D, and no I wasn't saying that to you thats if I wanna be a dick.

But Im not cuz Im cool with you Dave lol even if your a cowboy fan, come on man im a niner we have to disagree on this subject lol.

ok first and foremost i am a cowboy fan so ur goin 2 think what im goin to say is just cause im a cowboy fan. but u have to remember the cowboys defense is finally gettin healthy. newman is back and he is one of the best corners in the game. shut down corner at that. and no team can stop ware. he is an animal and QBs worst enemy. he is by far one of the top 5 defensive players that play 2day

ok first and foremost i am a cowboy fan so ur goin 2 think what im goin to say is just cause im a cowboy fan. but u have to remember the cowboys defense is finally gettin healthy. newman is back and he is one of the best corners in the game. shut down corner at that. and no team can stop ware. he is an animal and QBs worst enemy. he is by far one of the top 5 defensive players that play 2day

Top 5 .. Absolutely.

As far as the His Position is concerned, the only person near him is The Steelers LB, Harrison i think?

at3dave ]

I dont know man, Ware might lead the NFL in sacks..

But look at harrison, he might not have as many sacks, but look at forced fumbles.

Heres a question.. if a Linebacker gets a sack its a sack.. but what if he gets a forced fumble.. is that called a sack or is that called a forced fumble.. or is it both?

Both.

Here is a link to the stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_SACKS&d-447263-n=1

They are pretty close, but Harrison is more productive.

BigMoneyNacku ]

These don't look like the career stats of a lockdown corner to me. ;)

http://www.nfl.com/players/terencenewman/profile?id=NEW475575

I wish for DB's they counted how many times they were burned or their reciever made a catch. Then we'd really see who is good. I could have 10 interceptions but if to make that pick I jump out of position and allow 15 tds am I really that good in coverage?

I've only read the first page of this thread. I honestly didn't need to read any further because I can't believe anyone would suggest there is a better defense out there than the one Pittsburgh puts on the field each week. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and I am 100% a homer. However most analysts are already comparing the 2008 defense to the Steel Curtain of the 70's and it's equal or better in all statistical categories. Playing defense in 2008 compared to the 1970's is night and day which makes the current Steeler defense all the more extraordinary. People have already said it's better than the 2000 Raven D so to say the Cowboys d is even close (Yes Ware is a beast) is crazy, BAT SH.IT crazy. I'd also like to take the time to point out that it's absolutely criminal that only 3 players from that defense made the Pro-bowl. Aaron Smith and Woodley deserve to be there and you can definitely make a case for Ike Taylor. Woodley is the biggest snub, followed closely by Aaron Smith.

Tony Dungy said he'd vote for James Harrison for league MVP over his own quarterback and Harrison is one of two players on the Steeler defense in contention for league MVP and DPOY (Defensive player of the year) The other is Polamalu. Keep the non-sense to a minimum.

"HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!"

EDIT: and James Harrison is getting mugged each and every week. I can't believe the lack of holding calls. I think it's been 24 straight quarters were Pittsburgh hasn't had a holding call called in their favor. It may even be worse than that at this point. In B-more for example Jason Terry was down right mugging his a$$ with his arm around his throat and someone around his legs. He's getting mugged each and every week and still putting up monster numbers. It's ridiculous. You don't see Ware getting tossed in a crossed face chicken wing each time he rushes the QB (Not to take anything from Ware, dude is a beast)

BigMoneyNacku ]

<------Hardcore raiders fan. I watch EVERY game at least twice each week. Start to finish. Al is killing our team, but there are still alot of bright spots. Rob Ryan is Al's partner in crime. I got a whole rant about that bs. :P

The Cowboys are not as hot as you all think they are. The last two weeks they have played teams with struggling offenses. Steelers O has been hurting all year, and without that D and getting to play with the lead most of the time, they wouldn't be in the position they are. The G-men are hurting VERY badly without Jacobs and The Misfire Kid. They can say he wasn't a big part all they want, when PB was on the field the D had to watch their asses.

That being said, in the NFL sometimes all it takes it for two games like that to boost confidence enough to play above the level you normally would. I still think they will be hard pressed to get in the play-offs. TO is volitile and all it will take is one play to set the idiot off. If they hadn't won yesterday, he would have been spouting off again since WHitten had more catches than he did. He doesn't care, he says team all the time, but he doesn't mean it.

Did anyone see the stat line NFL network kept throwing up? I missed the exact numbers, but Whitten has more catches with FEWER balls thrown. Maybe TO should look at the numbers before he cries like a bitch. Hell maybe that's why he didn't cry Sunday. Maybe someone put a copy of those numbers in his locker. :D

Just a FYI, Pittsburgh has rarely played with the lead all season.

Rorbotron ]

Tony Dungy said he'd vote for James Harrison for league MVP over his own quarterback and Harrison is one of two players on the Steeler defense in contention for league MVP and DPOY (Defensive player of the year) The other is Polamalu. Keep the non-sense to a minimum.

B E A S T. ! ! !

Chili-Palmer ]
Rorbotron ]

B E A S T. ! ! !

Best safety in the NFL. 8)

ok country time to air u out lol. first of all get all the stats if u want 2 fight me on this. second newman hasnt givin up a touchdown in bout 20 some odd game as they said on sunday nite football vs the giants. they also said last week was the first penalty he had since 06. so if thats not shutdown i dont know what is. he shut down hixon, santana moss, hines ward. they r one of the best in the game. so as country would say u have been judo kicked lol (cBF) darkness00

ok country time to air u out lol. first of all get all the stats if u want 2 fight me on this. second newman hasnt givin up a touchdown in bout 20 some odd game as they said on sunday nite football vs the giants. they also said last week was the first penalty he had since 06. so if thats not shutdown i dont know what is. he shut down hixon, santana moss, hines ward. they r one of the best in the game. so as country would say u have been judo kicked lol (cBF) darkness00

Are you watching these football games? I'm not saying that Newman isn't good. He's solid. However Hines Ward was in double coverage almost that entire game, Hixon is the number 3 receiver for the giants because Plexiglass shot himself and Toomer is banged up and Moss has been banged up the tail end of the season as well and in case you haven't noticed the Skins have imploded.

Rorbotron ]

I've only read the first page of this thread. I honestly didn't need to read any further because I can't believe anyone would suggest there is a better defense out there than the one Pittsburgh puts on the field each week. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and I am 100% a homer. However most analysts are already comparing the 2008 defense to the Steel Curtain of the 70's and it's equal or better in all statistical categories. Playing defense in 2008 compared to the 1970's is night and day which makes the current Steeler defense all the more extraordinary. People have already said it's better than the 2000 Raven D so to say the Cowboys d is even close (Yes Ware is a beast) is crazy, BAT SH.IT crazy. I'd also like to take the time to point out that it's absolutely criminal that only 3 players from that defense made the Pro-bowl. Aaron Smith and Woodley deserve to be there and you can definitely make a case for Ike Taylor. Woodley is the biggest snub, followed closely by Aaron Smith.

^^^^ Go Figure. Pay attention 1 MORE TIME guys.. I said the last two weeks.! THE LAST TWO WEEKS.

Yes.. we (Dallas) played better D than anyone the last two weeks. Period. And we will see what happens again this Sunday. Againts Baltimore, another top defensive team.

I would Vote for Harrison too. Your a fool if you think Ben is that fantastic of a player.(this year) Given he doesnt have ANY O-Line to defend him, and getting minimal help from Pitt's "fantastic" recievers, LoL.

EDIT: and James Harrison is getting mugged each and every week. I can't believe the lack of holding calls. I think it's been 24 straight quarters were Pittsburgh hasn't had a holding call called in their favor. It may even be worse than that at this point. In B-more for example Jason Terry was down right mugging his a$$ with his arm around his throat and someone around his legs. He's getting mugged each and every week and still putting up monster numbers. It's ridiculous. You don't see Ware getting tossed in a crossed face chicken wing each time he rushes the QB (Not to take anything from Ware, dude is a beast)

Yeah I noticed that too, but those end up helpin Pitt more than the couple yards he might be get.

On the ware thing,, we dont see that, b/c there is nobody that can do it! LoL

Dave, Tony Dungee is the COLTS coach. He was referring to voting for Harrison over Peyton. As far as Newman, he isn't that friggin good. He is a solid NFL star, very solid. To call him a shutdown corner is a slap in the face to the guys who really are lights out corners.

Rorbotron, nice points. Although Pitt has had quite a few leads to play with. If they could get the run game going, they'd be the best team hands down. I watch almost every game as my brotha from anotha motha is a HUGE Pitt mark.

Prane ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

These don't look like the career stats of a lockdown corner to me. ;)

http://www.nfl.com/players/terencenewman/profile?id=NEW475575

I wish for DB's they counted how many times they were burned or their reciever made a catch. Then we'd really see who is good. I could have 10 interceptions but if to make that pick I jump out of position and allow 15 tds am I really that good in coverage?

Oh, you mean like that assclown DeAngelo Hall. HE had quite a few picks in his 8 games with the raiders, but he also gave up more catches, td's, and yards than any other corner in the NFL.

Go search NFL.com, they have that stat somewhere. Rich Eisen always has those numbers on GameDay, so I'm sure they are on the website somewhere.