SoOo.. Cowboys ??

at3dave ]
Rorbotron ]

I've only read the first page of this thread. I honestly didn't need to read any further because I can't believe anyone would suggest there is a better defense out there than the one Pittsburgh puts on the field each week. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and I am 100% a homer. However most analysts are already comparing the 2008 defense to the Steel Curtain of the 70's and it's equal or better in all statistical categories. Playing defense in 2008 compared to the 1970's is night and day which makes the current Steeler defense all the more extraordinary. People have already said it's better than the 2000 Raven D so to say the Cowboys d is even close (Yes Ware is a beast) is crazy, BAT SH.IT crazy. I'd also like to take the time to point out that it's absolutely criminal that only 3 players from that defense made the Pro-bowl. Aaron Smith and Woodley deserve to be there and you can definitely make a case for Ike Taylor. Woodley is the biggest snub, followed closely by Aaron Smith.

^^^^ Go Figure. Pay attention 1 MORE TIME guys.. I said the last two weeks.! THE LAST TWO WEEKS.

Yes.. we (Dallas) played better D than anyone the last two weeks. Period. And we will see what happens again this Sunday. Againts Baltimore, another top defensive team.

Tony Dungy said he'd vote for James Harrison for league MVP over his own quarterback and Harrison is one of two players on the Steeler defense in contention for league MVP and DPOY (Defensive player of the year) The other is Polamalu. Keep the non-sense to a minimum.

I would Vote for Harrison too. Your a fool if you think Ben is that fantastic of a player. Given he doesnt have ANY O-Line to defend him, and getting minimal help from Pitt's "fantastic" recievers, LoL.

EDIT: and James Harrison is getting mugged each and every week. I can't believe the lack of holding calls. I think it's been 24 straight quarters were Pittsburgh hasn't had a holding call called in their favor. It may even be worse than that at this point. In B-more for example Jason Terry was down right mugging his a$$ with his arm around his throat and someone around his legs. He's getting mugged each and every week and still putting up monster numbers. It's ridiculous. You don't see Ware getting tossed in a crossed face chicken wing each time he rushes the QB (Not to take anything from Ware, dude is a beast)

Yeah I noticed that too, but those end up helpin Pitt more than the couple yards he might be get.

On the ware thing,, we dont see that, b/c there is nobody that can do it! LoL

lol are you reading what I'm typing? I also question how much you even know about football because most know that Dungy is the Colts Coach and would understand that point I was trying to make about Harrison. As far as Ware is concerned yes he's a beast but he's not James Harrison. Sacks aren't everything and without the ridiculous holds there isn't a doubt in my mind Harrison would have the NFL sack record. He also has 7 forced fumbles all which have resulted in Pittsburgh ball and one INT. He is in my opinion far and away the DPOY and in the running for league MVP which has only happened something like 3 times in 50 years (Defensive player winning the league MVP)

As far as Ben is concerned do you realize what you're saying? Here are a few stats that were posted via my yahoo fantasy league over the last week.

Mon, Dec 15 QB Ben Roethlisberger became the first NFL quarterback to win 50 games in his first five seasons. He is 50-19 in the regular season.

Tue, Dec 16 QB Ben Roethlisberger's regular-season record as a starter is 50-19 (.725), second to Tom Brady (.784) among NFL quarterbacks with at least 40 starts.

(Yahoo! Sports)

*And those are just a few of the many prime time stats I could drop in relation to what he's done since being in the league.

The man is a winner and he's doing it behind a make shift offensive line. I can't wait for that part of our offense to be rebuilt hopefully with the continued maturation of a few of our current lineman and a influx of rookie talent like maybe Duke Robinson from Oklahoma in the draft. He's doing less with more in that regard, already has a superbowl and prior to this season was 3rd ALL TIME for yards per pass. He's orchestrated at least 3 4th quarter game winning drives in the last month alone and you're going to try and take something away from him? I won't deny that I'm a homer but I'm also a realist and Big Ben is worth every penny he was recently paid and will no doubt lead the Steelers to great things for many years to come.

Watch some football big timer because with your current comment streak I'm seriously questioning how much you actually watch or understand.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well the hixon ill give he isnt a star but he is good, now wit that ward comment im a hardcore cowboy and i watched that game. ward was double maybe 10% of the time the rest was newman. and for santana that was his worst game this year so i dont want 2 hear that cry. newman is the most under raided corner in the game but still if u look at the numbers over the past few years his numbers r in the top 10 in the league for corners

What a dickhead.

Your right I dont know everything about football. Fuck Tony whoever the fuck Im not a colts fan, thats why i didnt know who he is. I watch, Dallas, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh Games. Thats about it.

Im not a HUGE NFL fan, Im a cowboys fan.

And if you go back a few posts... you would see... THAT I PERSONALLY CONTESTED D.Ware as the best OL simply because of Harrison. I dont TAKE CREDIT AWAY from people where its due.

I didnt say Ben wasnt an Outstanding QB. Im not talkin about his overall stats. Im talkin about this season, since its 2008 and were talking about this SEASON.

I started this thread to show some love to the cowboys and the fact they are looking better and played some OUTSTANDING DEFENSE the LAST 2 GAMES. Then all these Fuckin Pittsburgh fans turn it into a punk ass steeler thread.

Look man, read back a little bit and you will see i gave credit where its due. Sorry I dont know who some random coach of some random fuckin team is, and that Im not an NFL junkie cuz i got other things to due then watch more than 2 or 4 hours of football on a Sunday. Guess I cant show some love for my team on these forums. Thanks man, Ill remember how stupid I am and that my intelligence is on trial when I dont know who certain people are.

at3dave ]

What a dickhead.

Your right I dont know everything about football. Fuck Tony whoever the fuck Im not a colts fan, thats why i didnt know who he is. I watch, Dallas, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh Games. Thats about it.

Im not a HUGE NFL fan, Im a cowboys fan.

And if you go back a few posts... you would see... THAT I PERSONALLY CONTESTED D.Ware as the best OL simply because of Harrison. I dont TAKE CREDIT AWAY from people where its due.

I didnt say Ben wasnt an Outstanding QB. Im not talkin about his overall stats. Im talkin about this season, since its 2008 and were talking about this SEASON.

I started this thread to show some love to the cowboys and the fact they are looking better and played some OUTSTANDING DEFENSE the LAST 2 GAMES. Then all these Fuckin Pittsburgh fans turn it into a punk ass steeler thread.

Look man, read back a little bit and you will see i gave credit where its due. Sorry I dont know who some random coach of some random fuckin team is, and that Im not an NFL junkie cuz i got other things to due then watch more than 2 or 4 hours of football on a Sunday. Guess I cant show some love for my team on these forums. Thanks man, Ill remember how stupid I am and that my intelligence is on trial when I dont know who certain people are.

I simply stated that based on everything that you've typed in this thread you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to go back through and re-pick apart everything that you've said thus far but don't continue arguing if you don't have the means to back up your argument. As far as Ben is concerned his QB rating isn't what it usually is but he's winning football games and driving the Steeler offense down the field when it counts. 3 times in the last month we've come from behind to win ball games and a good portion of those last minute victories rest on the arm and decision making of Big Ben. Phill Simms on inside the NFL went as far as to suggest the Big Ben should be the league MVP because of what he's doing for the Steelers behind a patch work offensive line and keeping games close or winning them in the 4th quarter.

winning football games?

Did you watch the dallas - steeler game?

Come on man, My idiot QB Romo F*ed up in the last couple minutes and COST us the game, Ben didnt win that game. LoL Please.

I dont know what Im talkin about? B/C your a steeler fan and obviously biased. Whatever you say buddy.

Buts its cool fuck it, I wont post in here anymore, and Ill take my football chat somewhere else.

Guest CplKoontz

Colts baby!

sry Dave, but I am a huge colts fan:)

However Dallas has been doing good, but if they want the playoffs, they gotta win the next two games, and both games are pretty tough...

but good luck to em...I used to be a big cowboys fan back in the day.

at3dave ]

winning football games?

Did you watch the dallas - steeler game?

Come on man, My idiot QB Romo F*ed up in the last couple minutes and COST us the game, Ben didnt win that game. LoL Please.

I dont know what Im talkin about? B/C your a steeler fan and obviously biased. Whatever you say buddy.

Buts its cool fuck it, I wont post in here anymore, and Ill take my football chat somewhere else.

You were the one passionately discussing your Cowboys. I assumed that someone so passionate about the Cowboys would know a little something about the NFL. Tony Dungy being the head coach of the Colts one of those things. Anyway did I even mention the Cowboys game regarding Big Ben? However it was Big Ben that drove the Steelers down field to force Romo to make something happen to end the game. He led a game winning drive against the Chargers as well as the Ravens. Big Ben is playing winning football and in December that's all that matters. I've also admitted to being a "homer" but I'm also a "homer" that knows NFL football. The Cowboys have been playing very good D as of late, is it as good as what Pittsburgh is bringing to the table or even the Ravens? No it isn't but it's still very good. However as long Romo is behind center with his inconsistent ways I don't anticipate the Cowboys doing much of anything in the playoffs assuming they make it. I also don't want you to stop posting, I apologize if I came across as a dick but when I first started reading I assumed you knew more than what you obviously do so I came out a little hard. I enjoy arguing and certainly don't want any hard feelings, I guess you now know and understand more than a few of us here are hardcore football fans. You should be able to pick and choose your arguments a little more wisely now. Enjoy the rest of the season. No hard feelings.

EDIT: I also hate the fuckin Cowboys so that didn't help your cause.

at3dave ]

That is what u said.! >:( ^^^^ See.!

Its cool Neo, ur just made b/c we can play football, and everyone forgot about the 9ers. :-*

Anyways.. didnt you RUN thizzz? What u disband and join a new clan?

I told them not to put JT ocrapavin as the starter but nooo they didn't listen there is a reason the mother fucker got cut from 8 teams he just plain sucks I guarantee if Hill was the starter like I wanted the 49ers would have a winning season right now. I never forget about the 49ers and pretty much neither does SF...I can tell you this the SF games are way more entertaining then the games across the bridge lol and we actually have a chance to win every Sunday well now we do with Hill.

and I'm done talking about the other clan.....

You know what the worst part about the cowboys losing is? I didn't get to enjoy watching it because my cable provider won't buy the games on NFL network because they don't think enough people will watch them. WTF? So I missed it but I did enjoy reading up on it. I'm a big Ravens fan so I'm glad they took out the cowgirls. Its ashame Wade is going to lose his job. I think he is a quality coach and I'm proud how he sticks up for his players against his owner. They don't deserve to make the playoffs with Owens on that team. He is a team cancer and for those of you who don't play sports believe me when I say one guy can bring a team down.

at3dave ]

uh oh. Whatever is behind that I dont know. So ... i was asking simply out of curiosity. I , in now way meant to bring up bad blood or whatever might be going on. Sorry Neo if i struck the wrong chord.

Its not that man I just touched on it enough in the never ending thread so if you want to see why go look for it like 10-15 pages back, or go through my old posts.

Lol damn last time they are playing in that stadium and they got slapped.

at3dave ]

yeah whatever, once again another sorry ass call to ruin the pace of the game. IE the 15 yard penalty which turned into a FG for them. Guy only had one foot out.

Its all besides the point now, i got nothing else to say. I give up, next season Ill be back on watchin them again though.

Come on Dave you should know better then that. Yeah I am a Ravens fan, but you honestly can't blame that call on the outcome of the game. Sure it wasn't a flagrant foul, but he clearly was out of bounds and was hit with his arms extended which is against the rules. Want to know what changed the pace of the game? The fake field goal run, that was when the momentum changed.

Also, there was 2 different occurances where you had 3 timeouts to stop us. Need I say what happened?

Your first field TD was set-up by Ware, and that was it. Those other drives are given in a prevent D. The Ravens outplayed them in all phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.

I don't hate the Cowboys, but you really can't blame a personal foul call that ruined the whole game. Don't get me started on those with the Ravens (ie Steelers, Titans, Patriots last year).

When did i say the game? I said it changed the pace of the game. But I'd like to see anyone run full power and stop yourself from hitting a brick wall within 1 second of a damn whistle. He knew not to hit him and he tried to make it as light as possible, it was obvious. And even still,.. one foot was in so he could have slammed him and shouldnt have got it called.