I have a question about the rules

Guest Skipper

Guest Skipper
B: The first 8 weeks will see standard play as explained in the rules. Each clan will afford two attacks and two defenses each week, totaling a possible four wars per week. Successful defenses gain nothing and unsuccessful attacks lose nothing.

I havent been able to get in touch with Junk but I'm just reading the rules to make sure I have them right as well.

As for the above quote, Im reading this as if we get swept we dont lose anything. I'm sure I'm wrong but could someone verify this for me?

Guest H.A.V.0.C
Skipper ]
B: The first 8 weeks will see standard play as explained in the rules. Each clan will afford two attacks and two defenses each week, totaling a possible four wars per week. Successful defenses gain nothing and unsuccessful attacks lose nothing.

I havent been able to get in touch with Junk but I'm just reading the rules to make sure I have them right as well.

As for the above quote, Im reading this as if we get swept we dont lose anything. I'm sure I'm wrong but could someone verify this for me?

Dude, c'mon now you guys need to read the rules , without having to ask everyone what the rules are . if you don't understand them....then don't play...This is the last time people are going to try and explain the rules to you, so either understand them or drop out.

Guest Skipper
H.A.V.0.C ]
Skipper ]
B: The first 8 weeks will see standard play as explained in the rules.  Each clan will afford two attacks and two defenses each week, totaling a possible four wars per week.  Successful defenses gain nothing and unsuccessful attacks lose nothing.

As for the above quote, Im reading this as if we get swept we dont lose anything.  I'm sure I'm wrong but could someone verify this for me?

Dude, c'mon now you guys need to read the rules , without having to ask everyone what the rules are . if you don't understand  them....then don't play...This is the last time people are going to try and explain the rules to you, so either understand them or drop out.

So you're giving me flack for having a simple question? I read through the rules and when I got to the last rule set I got confused by part B. I thought this forum would be a good place to get that clarification but apparently not.

I am trying to get myself familiar with the rules and this was the first time I read through them thoroughly because I was out of town. I wasnt able to get in touch with my clan rep so I figured I would post it here.

I guess from now on, I'll just post pointless videos...

Guest KingJunk

Look Please don't take shot at us we just trying to fully 100% understand ALL the rules Great for you if you know them all!! If every clan that did NOT understand ALL the rules was to drop out that would probably leave about 10 clans and I know NOT all the clans here can say they understand every rule its like trying to be a Championship Poker Player on your 1st time playing its NOT going to happen some rules you just have to learn as you go along. So next time instead of saying some negative bull try to help the problem and don't become one!!

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Okay man, I had something else planned to say. BUT! If you don't understand, then you just don't understand. I'm not going to knock someone for having a question, because NO question is STUPID...EVER! I'm sorry if you felt I was coming at you wrong, but bro....they have already asked us ALL to READ THE RULES! if you don't get them....then you just don't get them.....but may I suggest you PM somebody next time, or do whatever you need to do to get it understood. Because You guys need to STOP asking the ADMINS.... If its that difficult for you guys to understand, then please come to a stormwatch room and ask away.... we WILL help you! But just PLEASE stop with the "I have a question" If you haven't noticed its stressing people out. So bro come and hit me up I will help you as much as I can.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

P.s. I hope you all seen the passive HAVDINI there? and F" you RED I'm not being weak.... just nice. (for once) also please see Hannibal from [101] he loves questions too. ;D

Come on guys.  I thought UF was supposed to be a place where clans respected each other.

When reading the rules for the first time, they are difficult to understand, especially when it is your very first UF tour of duty.  This tournament is different that anything else out there and so us newbies have no experience from which to draw.

If you can't be supportive and helpful, then leave it to someone else to help those who are asking questions.  BTW, I am not "taking sides" here, I just am disappointed to see this kind of behavior in an arena where I expected more.

Skipper, the rule which you are quoting is concerning your territory, not PoW's.  Successful defenses gain no territory and unsuccessful attacks lose no territory.  The rules for PoW's still stand and PoW's can be gained and lost per the rules.  For instance, your clan owns Sinner's Swamp.  If my clan attacks it and we lose, you retain your territory (Successful defenses gain nothing) plus you take your PoW's because it's a HQ city.  If the score is a sweep, you take an additional PoW.

This is how I understand the rules.

I am not trying to defend anything here but this is pretty mild as far as behavior goes. The UF tourney can bring out the best and worst in us for no particular reason. Which it is not UF's fault. It is the nature of the beast. UF attracts competitive people(mainly guys), and the testosterone can really be pumping sometimes.

I respect both my brothers but I am gonna call them out if they do something I think is dumb. Doesn't mean I have less respect for them. Just helping them realize their ways. I was not saying that skip is dumb, it just seemed like a very simple rule that he was getting tripped up on. If you thought I was disrespecting...sorry. That is all I have and all I am gonna give ya. If you don't like it, I will see ya on the battle field and you can let out the frustration there. Good luck with the rest of your rules reading.

Your friendly neighborhood Dickhead,

Red

Guest Skipper

Thanks Hippie and Southwoods for helping me out. I'll admit it, I read it wrong and it was a pretty dumb question. I guess that happens after a few beers!

Oh well, I had my expectations a little to high to expect some class out of these forums. See you on the battlefield!

Guest H.A.V.0.C
Red0ctobeR ]

I am not trying to defend anything here but this is pretty mild as far as behavior goes. The UF tourney can bring out the best and worst in us for no particular reason. Which it is not UF's fault. It is the nature of the beast. UF attracts competitive people(mainly guys), and the testosterone can really be pumping sometimes.

I respect both my brothers but I am gonna call them out if they do something I think is dumb. Doesn't mean I have less respect for them. Just helping them realize their ways. I was not saying that skip is dumb, it just seemed like a very simple rule that he was getting tripped up on. If you thought I was disrespecting...sorry. That is all I have and all I am gonna give ya. If you don't like it, I will see ya on the battle field and you can let out the frustration there. Good luck with the rest of your rules reading.

Red

I have to agree with that 100% this tourney is going to make some clans HATE each other its just the nature of the beast, if you thought UFB2 was something...you ain't seen nothing yet. This thing is very fun, but extremely competitive and intense. I have seen this tournament destroy clans, where they disband before the tourney even ends because of it. So hippie don't be disappointed about us not being supportive, and helping our fellow gamer, I think we are just preparing for what lies ahead, and getting our skin toughened up. Because we have seen it in the past, and YOU will see it in the future, so be prepared sunshine...I guarantee you will be cussing out one of these clans or a clan members before this tourney ends, I don't care how High you are it going to happen.

P.s. I also agree 100% Red is friendly and a dickhead at the same time.

Skipper ]

Oh well, I had my expectations a little to high to expect some class out of these forums. See you on the battlefield!

Ouch...

I've been around UF for a long time now...and i am no longer an active player, not because of UF, But because of Socom in general. Anyway...Tow and Sniper go into great explaination on every facet of the rules. Very much like the laws of our fine country, you must read further into them, meaning completly, to understand all the intracasies of said rules. The question you had about losing territory is further explained in the part of the rules that discusses territory losses. Again, I don't even own a sony system any longer, but UF has always, will always be interesting to me...I know the rules to UF4...lol. But then again i still have alot of aquaintances who play this game and are in this tourney, So i pay attention. Thank you, and good night.

H.A.V.0.C ]
Red0ctobeR ]

Red

I have to agree with that 100% this tourney is going to make some clans HATE each other its just the nature of the beast, if you thought UFB2 was something...you ain't seen nothing yet. This thing is very fun, but extremely competitive and intense. I have seen this tournament destroy clans, where they disband before the tourney even ends because of it. So hippie don't be disappointed about us not being supportive, and helping our fellow gamer, I think we are just preparing for what lies ahead, and getting our skin toughened up. Because we have seen it in the past, and YOU will see it in the future, so be prepared sunshine...I guarantee you will be cussing out one of these clans or a clan members before this tourney ends, I don't care how High you are it going to happen.

P.s. I also agree 100% Red is friendly and a dickhead at the same time.

My point is, the "Rules" or "Guidelines" of Urgent Fury tournaments and forum community, state:

"To be accepted into UF we evaluate clans based on several factors but most importantly on maturity and respect for one another whether on the battlefield or off. ... Our goal here is to create a community of clans that can play in a cheat/glitch free environment with upstanding clans that maintain a high level of respect and maturity. ... Gaining entry into Urgent Fury is a priveledge, not a right. If your clan is accepted then we gladly welcome you into our "home" as our guest but we expect you to respect the rules of the tournament and your fellow opponents at all times during your stay."  (From About section, Tips on Gaining Entry into Urgent Fury).

And the exact opposite of that is what happened here.  Guess the problem here is that I am a bit of an idealist and in a perfect world, we could all respectfully answer questions (or not if we can't follow the rules) and then take out our frustrations on the people with the "dumb questions" on the battlefield.  Oh well, all I can do is try!  :( (And again, I'm not trying to start anything with anyone or take sides here, I am just shocked quite honestly and expected more. Shame, shame ... lol!)

Final thought:  "Bending" the rules in the name of "competitive nature" ... makes me worry.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

I don't think any rules has been bent at all, We where simply trying to remind EVERYONE about these post. just in case you missed it here are the links. But if you look at the read count, its over 50 people that have read it, but yet people still seem to be asking simple questions that can be answered within the rules. I'm not sure whats was it in these 2 posts that where not clear to some? I mean what else do they have to do to spell it out for people? Hippie, I have been in this community a VERY long time and, I guess I'm just getting on in years and I'm easily frustrated when people ignore the things that are obviously spelled out for them. If they don't understand it READ THEM AGAIN! until they do. And I don't see any disrespect being displayed here, just pure facts that are not sugar coated. Anyways....I hope you understand.

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=3110.0

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=3109.0