Here's to hoping we have another good one...

Hello all, Tow here.....

As we come up on the Eve of another new year, no matter what facet of life you're addressing at the moment, you cannot help but think back on the good and the bad of the year now passing us all by.

Urgent Fury had some of both. Luckily for us all, the great sorely outweighed the mundane.

If Sniper and I ended up thanking the players of this community every time we felt the need to do so, you guys would be seeing a new thread from us every morning for the last 365 days. We know that would get repetitive, and thus, we know it would lose its meaning.

Instead, we concentrate our "thank yous" in a different way. By coming up with the various tourneys that we do. By trying to continue to be the very best at what we do every single day that we do it. We have always appreciated the attention and the devotion that many of the players here in the UF Community graciously hand over to us as they come to be entertained...to be occupied....and to be accepted by a group so much larger than our own individual clans. We've (and by "we've" this time, I mean ALL of us, not just the creators of UF) created something here that is all sorts of things to all sorts of people.

A tournament site.

A gaming community.

A clan network.

An information hub.

A support group.

A place where someone can feel comfortable throwing their wiener on a computer cam.

A place where friends come to talk and care about one another.

A place to wish those players who are not playing at ALL right now overseas, defending this great nation.

When Urgent Fury first started, we ran one tourney and one tourney only. Sniper and I might not have exactly thought we would try to remain small, but at the same time, we never knew that UF would grow to be this special to so many special people...starting right here with Sniper and me. This place is special to the both of us, more than you can imagine. We're PROUD of what UF has turned into and what it continues to grow into. That's why we breathe a sigh of relief as we wave farewell to 2008 and look forward to the great things that 2009 will bring to us all.

UF has become a very fun place to be. It took Sniper and I a few years to learn, really, how to handle it all correctly. Correctly and effectively. We simply don't take ourselves too seriously here and I think that lends a lot to the overall vibe of this community. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sniper and I don't take URGENT FURY too seriously. We just don't take "Sniper" and "Undertow" too seriously. When it comes to our tournament, you WILL see us take things very seriously. After 5+ years of this labor of love, who couldn't take something seriously? We've seriously helped this community grow. We've seriously worked hard at its tournaments. We've seriously made sure our U-Freq podcasts were crafted with unmatched professionalism. We've seriously defended the shores of UF whenever it comes under attack, either from within or without. But that's where our seriousness begins and ends. When it comes to us, when it comes to our clan and when it comes to our online play, it's been nothing but FUN, and we're very happy that you and your clan have chosen to have that fun WITH us. I tell you, it's a LOT easier to run this tournament when you've finally learned how to smile while doing it.

So that's it.

2009 is here and it's coming full force.

Nothing's going to stop it.

And that's how Sniper and I will be viewing Urgent Fury for 2009 as well.

.................nothing is going to stop it.

I won't waste time saying "we're number one" or "you've come to the BEST place for your tournament needs."

Where I come from and what I have always believed, you're never really the best when you call yourself the best. It's much better, and much more deserved, when others tell you that you are. So I won't waste your time telling you much of the same.

What I WILL tell you is that in 2009, you can expect to see so much more of what you've already come to expect from Sniper, myself and the great dedicated UF Staff that help support our infrastructure here. We'll continue to pump out our best work, our tireless efforts and our best attempts at fun, and we'll let YOU all decide where you will bring your clan....who you will consider the best. We're realists...you can't please everyone every day of the year. Urgent Fury will be for some and will not be for others.

What we CAN say is that we'll be concentrating on those players who Urgent Fury IS for.

And we have one HELL of a fucking ride planned for you all in the new year.

BET on it. 8)

Happy new year to you all.

Without Sniper and I, Urgent Fury would be a little aimless.

But without all of you, Urgent Fury would be nothing.

And we thank you for marching into the new year, shoulder to shoulder, with Urgent Fury.

Please be safe tonight.

We'll see you all come January.

For Urgent Fury, I'd like to say "thank you" and "Happy New Year" to all.

- TOW

Before my clan joined up with you guys, I rolled with [503] in your tournament, and it was one hell of a ride. I lurked here before then, and now that we've been through an entire BLACK, I'm now 100% sure that UF is the only community for our clan. Everything you guys have done has really shown, and I can't tell you how much my clan and I appreciate it.

Happy new year everyone!

Ok I'll help you out Tow. UF is the best!! I'm not holding anyones dick when I say that either, from all the tourneys I've played in, I have the most fun playing against you knuckleheads here at UF. ;D Now you guys have me thinking what were the best moments of this last year at UF.

My Top 3

3. The Arrow Clan winning the first tournament on Socom Confrontation

2. Winning the first UF Crucible with iLL

1. Seeing the SMALLEST WEINER EVER!!!!!!! :o

it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.....

;) <<< guy with sharp stick stuck in his eye.

;D

OK, seriously. Anyone who has ever run a successful clan could understand everything that goes into making it a success. It's a lot of work. To run a tournament? Forget about it. There is no bridge between the two experiences. While I haven't agreed with every decision, I cannot say things have been unfair. That's all one can really ask for, is "fair".

I have an appreciation for those who make UF happen. Those people spend time making UF happen instead of online playing the game. Meetings, setting up schedules, picking maps and objectives, rules, invites, alternate invites, disputes, moderating forums, and most recently curtailing excursions from sexual predators (OK a injection of tounge and cheek humor).

I appreciate the efforts of all UF staff to provide a cheat free environment for me and the clan I belong to, so that we can compete with the expectation that we are facing clans who despise cheating as much as we do. While Tow and Sniper don't seem inclined to say so, that's what sets UF apart.

I couldn't imagine going back to GB. At one time I thought they had it going on. But after seeing first hand how feckless they were when dealing with cheaters and losers who didn't report. It just got too much trouble to deal with. 101st was driven away from GB looking for something better, and we found it.