I got my PS3 and I got my 40" Sony Bravia and now all I need is a kick ass Sound System!

With the new TV I am now eager to watch movies over and over again and in blu ray duhh, but I just bought my first Blu Ray movie and it was Die Hard the last one Bruce made and it was a kick ass movie and everything was great, but the sound was not where I wanted it to be so now I am in search of a system.

What I want....

I want a system that's gone deliver some nice ass bass for my action packed movies and will be nice for playing SOCOM also.

Money...

I really don't want to spend no more than $300 to $500 big one's, but if I have to I guess I can go a lil over budget, but that's something I will then have to save for.

So where is my GOAT these days? 8)

MaluNYMets ]

I got the same set up lol. I got a Denon with Definite speakers. Magnolia

sO HOW YOU LIKE IT AND WHAT'S THE PRICE RANGE ON THOSE? I mean I want something so clear that if you were a seal on Desert Glory and I was a terr and you farted in the seal spawn I want to hear it like you was sitting next to me in the terr spawn lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8743602&type=product&id=1202648988902

This is a great system for the money certainly not the best out there. You can upgrade the speakers later with a great set of Klipsch quintet 3's and a sub 10. Your gonna need another HDMI, and use an optical cable to hook up the PS3 to the receiver. And a little bonus get the rocket fish wireless rear kit. making your rear surround speakers wireless from the receiver.

Hath [OGC]

Sadly I am still in the STONE AGES. :( I am still playing on a SDTV.

But come here is the HDTV I am buying in March

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-42V4100-42-Inch-1080p/dp/B0019GWYRQ/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2LN1VJMHA3JT5&colid=1XEGX9I01477C

This is what I can afford. And I think that 42 inches is a lot of TV. And it's 1080p. 8)

CaribbeanCLANK ]

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-42V4100-42-Inch-1080p/dp/B0019GWYRQ/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2LN1VJMHA3JT5&colid=1XEGX9I01477C

This is what I can afford. And I think that 42 inches is a lot of TV. And it's 1080p. 8)

i feel you, i used to play on a 15 or 13 inch daewoo, lol. then i got a 32 inch vizio, 1080p too. To be honest 32 inch is the best as 42 you have to start to move your head to look around. with 32 it is still just movement of the eyes to see the screen

I had a 5.1 Kenwood and it was 9 years old. It did it's time and starting acting up so I went and got a Yamaha RX-V663 7.1 reciever. I don't need a ton of HD inputs. the only HDMI piece I have is the PS3. But I love it, sounds AWESOME.

It has a speaker calibration, which most do now, but it told me my left front was wired wrong! LOL

http://www.clanbluntforce.com/forum/index.php?topic=2201.0

CDBS14 ]
CaribbeanCLANK ]

i feel you' date=' i used to play on a 15 or 13 inch daewoo, lol. then i got a 32 inch vizio, 1080p too. To be honest 32 inch is the best as 42 you have to start to move your head to look around. with 32 it is still just movement of the eyes to see the screen

[/quote']

I am currently playing on a 27inch SONY WEGA...it does the job. I was gonna get a 32inch BRAVIA but the 42 inch one has so many more features. But if I get a 37inch BRAVIA, I could get a decent surround sound system to go with the TV, as I will be spending less on the TV.

BUT I know NOTHING about Surround sound systems and wouldn't know where to begin when shopping for one.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for in terms of surround sound. I have a samsung home theater system and I love it. It is a all inone type job but here is one simialr to what I have take a look you might like it. The Bass on these things are great as well.

10086945_alt.jpg

You can find them pretty much anywhere like here at bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10086945&catid=20311#

LOL! I heard that shout out all the way up here in the frozen tundra..

Not to sound condescending, really in this day money for most everyone is in short supply. But at 3-5 bills your options are limited. Besides the option of building a system a component at a time. I.e. get a good receiver.. then the speakers, sub, etc. over time. The best bargains are what is referred to as “Home Audio(or Home Theater) system in a boxâ€

So you could go with Onkyo

onkyo.gif

4500208.jpg

or Panasonic

Panasonic.gif

8100335.jpg

or Sony

SonyCO.gif

7401091.jpg

or a horde of others in that price range.. although these three are my top choices... I’d stay away from brands like Jwin, or Coby.. Samsung’s aren’t that bad but with Sammy’s their guarantee program is less than desirable.. as long as they don’t go faulty you’re fine though.

For cables don’t believe the Monster Cable hype, Any decent mid priced interconnect will be just fine. I'd stay away from wireless speakers for any use... the added money for wireless can be spent getting better wired speakers.

So, I would start with a bad ass receiver and then work my way up to some nice ass speakers!

Ok so when I get my receiver I would hook my ps3 and TV up to it or just the TV?

My room is in the Basement but like I said as long as i can get some nice ass boom for my Army and action packed movies ohh and you know for SOCOM I am good!

Thanks for the advice EVERYBODY I think I am going to go with the Sony hook up why switch Brands now lol!

Not sure if this was mentioned but make sure you purchase a Fiber Optic cable for your Surround Sound System whichever you choose. My receiver has 2 ports for Fiber Optic cables, one goes to my Cable/DVR box and the other to my PS3 so I can obtain Dolby Digital Surround Sound with both. Doesn't have to be the most expensive cable either like Goat mentioned, choose the cheapest you can find with the length you desire.

Also I have a Yamaha 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound System, I have had it for years, in fact my last one was stolen when my house was broken into and I purchased the exact same one I liked it so well. Great sound.

Well i would shoot for getting a decent reciever.. HK, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, etc.. and a decent set of bookcase speakers,... Klipish, DefTech, etc... at least you would have stereo sound.. the next purchase would be the Sub woofer.. here you don't have to get crazy like a BabyBoomer or something a MTX-Sub10 or any good sub with a 10" driver and is downward firing would be good. Next a great set of towers or bigger front speakers and then switch the smaller ones to use as the rears... For now use the TV's speakers as your center channel. The last purchase would be the Center speaker.. if you going to use the system for surround sound...65% of the sound will come through the center so spend the extra money here.

In this way you build it $300 or so at a time.. and spread the grand or so out... when its all said and done you have a kick ass surround system you can enjoy for years.. It's a better option then the "system in a box" but it means you have to wait a bit before its all done.. however by doing it in the right order you can still enjoy what you can afford for now with each step getting better and better sound.

I just went to best buy- You guys should head there too if you have not been in the last week or so.

They had a 16' bay of opened returned items from the holiday at 50% off. I bought a set of brand new Klipsch speakers (never even taken the plastic off em) and some really sick speaker stands 50% off that shit is better than cost.

They also had a few garmens etc at 50% off. Lost of rockband and guitar hero shit etc.

• 1 month later...

I got my system and I knew I should have looked up this thread before I went out and bought it!! I told the sales guy EVERTHING I had and I asked him did I need any more cables and this silly fool told me no lol I get home and hook all my shit up and come to find out I need 1 more HDMI cable to connect the receiver and I guess I need some fiber op cables so I can hear the sound!!

back to da stoe tomorrow, but here is what I got

ce24150-l.jpg

It has a 7.1-channel receiver/speakers and packs 1200 watts

* 1080P HDMI Pass Through (3 Inputs)

* Audyssey 2EQ for Room Correction and Speaker Calibration <<<<this is sweet

* Includes dedicated RI iPod dock

• 2 weeks later...

awe junk i just seen this thread been looking at home theater also and have found amazon.com to be a great place to research systems and they have great prices on cables/ systems. Ive been thinking about picking up this one as soon as i stop being broke :)

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3100-Channel-Entertainment-System/dp/B0015M1BCS/ref=sr_1_164?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233347793&sr=1-164