Pac 10 goes 5-0..!!

I felt bad for Joe P.. it was sad to see him getting beat by USC and him stuck in the booth. :-\

That turned out to be a pretty good game though, good of them not to give up.

The West is getting to be serious..

(Pac 10, along with western schools like Boise St, Hawaii, & Utah)

Chili-Palmer ]

I felt bad for Joe P.. it was sad to see him getting beat by USC and him stuck in the booth. :-\

That turned out to be a pretty good game though, good of them not to give up.

The West is getting to be serious..

(Pac 10, along with western schools like Boise St, Hawaii, & Utah)

The Pac10 still isn't anything to brag about. Outside of USC the only thing pac 10 schools are good for is an upset or two every year.

You know i was thinking about the BCS/Playoff dilemma, & i think a playoff system would ruin it..

1. think of how many great bowl games are played, that wont be.

2. think about the one BIG game.. it will just be the BCS bowl.

3. also how short the reg. season would have to be.

But i was thinking maybe get rid of the National Championship game, & spread those teams throughout the other bowl games, & then have a National Championship game based on the results of all the bowl games.

Like the Regional bowls would be like divisional playoffs, etc..

Making the bowl games sort of a playoff system..!?

I dont know.. i was just thinking how an undefeated Utah vs Florida would not make a great National Championship game, & i would hate to NOT have all the little bowl games.

RNG187 ]

chili that's a great idea, BUT how far would that get broken down? would it be coasts? divisions? regions? states? what?

It wouldn't be that hard. You still choose Bowl games according to the BCS. Then the winners of bowl games get seeded based on record and strenggth of schedule

Chili-Palmer ]

You know i was thinking about the BCS/Playoff dilemma, & i think a playoff system would ruin it..

But i was thinking maybe get rid of the National Championship game, & spread those teams throughout the other bowl games, & then have a National Championship game based on the results of all the bowl games.

I dont know.. i was just thinking how an undefeated Utah vs Florida would not make a great National Championship game, & i would hate to NOT have all the little bowl games.

Until there is a playoff, there won't be a true champion.

This system of a computer program telling us who should play in the championship game based on an algorythem that is skewed to favor certain teams is bogus. There are enough teams from the division champs plus the "at large" bids to have a 16 team playoff that would be completed by the same week of the current championship game. You could still call the games by their bowl titles, besides certain games have selections from certain divisions. Bowl's like the Holiday, Independence, Liberty early, while the Sugar and Rose could be semi-finals. It's not that hard. Really.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Until there is a playoff, there won't be a true champion.

This system of a computer program telling us who should play in the championship game based on an algorythem that is skewed to favor certain teams is bogus. There are enough teams from the division champs plus the "at large" bids to have a 16 team playoff that would be completed by the same week of the current championship game. You could still call the games by their bowl titles, besides certain games have selections from certain divisions. Bowl's like the Holiday, Independence, Liberty early, while the Sugar and Rose could be semi-finals. It's not that hard. Really.

Agree 100%

5-0 was a big shocker considering they where so AWFUL in regular season it was pathetic.

Obma is all about a playoff, so it might just be soon...

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

okay, i gotta chime in here. after seeing the final AP poll and coaches poll, i was tickled pink to see 3 MWC teams in the top 25, 2 of em in the top 7, BOTH oregon teams in there, and im happy to see the west getting some of the credit they deserve. cant forget boise st. either who has had there shit together for a few years now.

the BIGGEST problem i have with BCS games is this - automatic berths. if your gonna have championship games, you CANNOT say that teams automatically get into em. the rose bowl has great history, but cannot be considered a true BCS bowl if only 2 conferences can play in it. they need to do away with the automatic bids all together, and just take the top teams in the country (which again could be left up to ANY interpretation).

xPUDDYTATx ]

okay, i gotta chime in here. after seeing the final AP poll and coaches poll, i was tickled pink to see 3 MWC teams in the top 25, 2 of em in the top 7, BOTH oregon teams in there, and im happy to see the west getting some of the credit they deserve. cant forget boise st. either who has had there shit together for a few years now.

the BIGGEST problem i have with BCS games is this - automatic berths. if your gonna have championship games, you CANNOT say that teams automatically get into em. the rose bowl has great history, but cannot be considered a true BCS bowl if only 2 conferences can play in it. they need to do away with the automatic bids all together, and just take the top teams in the country (which again could be left up to ANY interpretation).

But what makes those bowl games so great is the history between those conferences. I am from a Big 10 state so I HATE the PAC-10 because USC always beats us in the rose bowl. I like that rivalry to me thats what makes the game exciting.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i agree with you 100% prane. i love the history and rivalries of college football. i love to see the teams that have played each other 75-100 times and the stories that go along with em. i just totally disagree with someone deciding that they are going to have a "championship series" game, then excluding all but 2 confrences from that game.