mac or pc?

a guy in my windows xp class has a macbook pro and he has vmware i forget macs version of it but anyways he has windows vista running on his macbook. he can switch on the fly between windows vista and the mac OS running at the same time.

if your going to get a PC laptop... get one that has driver support for Windows XP and put that on it.

vista runs slow on laptops if they have 2GB of ram. if you get one with 3 or 4 GB of ram, a fast CPU, and good graphics card then vista will run ok...

I cant stand apple/mac computers.

I never did like them. I wish they would go do phones or something.

PC is the better answer regardless of what you wanna do, speaking PURELY HARDWARE in perspective.

But it is an opinion based thing, if you like flashy, being gay starbucks sitting on a computer so people can see you cuz you think its cool. Go with MAC.. LOL ;D . Im just kidding all you people that get offended way to easy.

no im just bein a dick. I prefer PC's, it's all a matter of opinion.

Dude get a pc i mean MAC's are just over priced crap :)

Seriously that's what you chose as your first post.. lol

Mac's are more expensive, but honestly i am getting sick of virus' and hard drive failures, etc.. i think Mac has a lot less of these types of problems, so if my NEW PC has any of these kinds of issues in the next year or two, i just might switch.

If you know how to maintain your PC then it wont fail you.

NOD32 is the best AV software out there...

Spybot Search & Destroy eliminates all of the adware and spyware...

Registry Defender fixes the registry errors that every windows comes with out of the box and the ones you create yourself by installing and uninstalling software.

Defragment your HDD on a weekly basis.

My laptop came with Vista. I took it off and installed windows xp and it runs like a dream now.

Dont forget a lot of software is NOT mac compatible...

Ok, I'm going to jump in here and say first off I use both platforms. I prefer Mac. More stable and user intuitive. Over priced? Maybe. I believe you get what you pay for in life. I have NEVER got a virus, popups, shit taking over my browser, no blue screens of death and no hang time waiting for programs to open. I like both platforms but for you money Mac is better. Mac can run Vista actually more efficient and faster. So if you get a Mac you can easily run Vista and Tiger. So you get a PC AND a Mac. LOL

It comes down to preference like someone else said. That's it. Both good platforms. I just find Macs more user friendly. And for all that are saying PC for gaming only... BS. I run plenty on mine just fine. Just like Macs are best for design. BS... maybe 8 years ago. Not anymore though. Both are cross capable now and run just fine with this apps. Just my input. ;D

I run 2 macs in my studio for Pro Tools recordings. They are G4s and have never givin me an ounce of pain.

9 years old.....!!!!

At work I use server 2003 (servers) and dell 520's (end users). I have more lock ups and buffer overruns with the PC based machines. If you have never used macs I would stick with PCs unless you plan to make pro recordings. The macs take some getting use too as far as internal and global settings.