Cooper Lawrence Rears Her Ugly Head Again

He is ripping on her because the vid apparently just surfaced on gametrailers and other places.

Seriously they tlak about the Wii, trying to play online on that thing is hard, you got to type that giant number. Now i hate this crap, i hate it when they criticize it like that, no social activity/ seriously?

I didn't watch the video, but i have to say i disagree with you guys..

Maybe because i am older, but there DEFINITLY IS a difference these days.

Kids will SIT & play games instead of go outside, which in turn does make them less active, as they grow up.

Kids are getting worse every generation.. less physical activity equals worse health.

When i was a kid.. EVERY Sat, & Sun morning i would shower (or not) pull my socks up high, & roll out on my bike.. EVERY Weekend, & be gone.. riding, running, playing all damn day.!!

These days kids come home from school, & play, then on weekends they just get up & play. they talk shit all day long to people they know they will never have to face in poerson.. so in turn when they do go out in public situations they are the quietest people in the room. they dont know how to act, when there are consequences for their actions, & words. (this may not apply to all, but i have seen it first hand.!!)

And if you guys honestly think that talking shit over a mic is the same as social interaction, "they" have already won. lol

I'm sure the video goes overboard, but based on your posts/replies, id say i believe the video isn't THAT far off. (im not backing the video because i haven't seen it, im just stating what i see different these days)

Chili-Palmer ]

Kids will SIT & play games instead of go outside, which in turn does make them less active, as they grow up.

Kids are getting worse every generation.. less physical activity equals worse health.

When i was a kid.. EVERY Sat, & Sun morning i would shower (or not) pull my socks up high, & roll out on my bike.. EVERY Weekend, & be gone.. riding, running, playing all damn day.!!

These days kids come home from school, & play, then on weekends they just get up & play. they talk shit all day long to people they know they will never have to face in poerson.. so in turn when they do go out in public situations they are the quietest people in the room. they dont know how to act, when there are consequences for their actions, & words. (this may not apply to all, but i have seen it first hand.!!)

And if you guys honestly think that talking shit over a mic is the same as social interaction, "they" have already won. lol

I'm sure the video goes overboard, but based on your posts/replies, id say i believe the video isn't THAT far off. (im not backing the video because i haven't seen it, im just stating what i see different these days)

in the vid she mentions complete social isolation; like if you play video games you literally sit in front of a tv and talk to no one.

Chili-Palmer ]

The problem Chili isn't that there isn't an actual addiction to video games or that most kids aren't a bunch lazy fat asses. The problem with this women is she pretty much promotes that the government should have more control what your kids are watching and doing. Its a parents responsibility to make sure you have an active kid that doesn't turn into a video game shut in. When she first appeared, she was critiquing a game she never played!

BingeGamer sums it up in these last paragraphs:

Before I say anything else, let’s just get one thing clear. After the firm smackdown that Cooper received from everybody in the modern world for her outrageously ignorant comments, she shouldn’t be allowed to talk about video games until 2045. She has absolutely zero credibility on the issue. Now, let’s get to the meat of this argument.

The majority of their discussion is on the “social†value of video games, which is fine. The problem is that they must believe that we still live in 1995. With Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, Ventrilo, Skype, etc., it’s damn near impossible to not be social anymore. Between this and the countless number of video game communities on the internet, and you could say that video games are now more “social†than ever.

But let’s assume that somebody is social. The common mindset that people like Lawrence have is that if a person doesn’t go outside and they play video games, it’s the game’s fault. Wrong! If a person is anti-social, a person is anti-social. Video games are merely the escape of choice and if you take them away, they’re simply going to find something else, whether it be television or books or YouTube.

Also, everything is addictive if you let it be. Video games, television, movies, music, books, comics, sex, cutting, etc. Hell, just sitting on your ass and not doing anything can be addictive if the person gets enough entertainment and joy out of it. It’s not as though we’re talking about cocaine or alcohol here — this is a purely subjective addiction that differs from person to person.

Finally, one last little critique: “babysitter in a box� Really? It’s that kind of mentality in parents that leads to these silly ass debates to begin with.

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea i hear ya.. i guess i actually dont agree with the BingeGamer guy.. he acts like it is all false, & none of it happens at all. Which is probably his job to make it seem the complete opposite of her stupid remarks. ;)

No he doesn't. He says that it happens, but its not a video games fault your kid is a shut in.

IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

lol' date=' you guys know who jack thompson is? the one that blames all school shootings on video games

[/quote']

Isn't he the douche bag lawyer that has been disbarred for his "crusade" against violent video games??

yea that dude, he appears on tv every here and there, specially when gta or some game like that is out, wait for his comment when resident evil 5 hits stores.

What a load of shit. The point that everyone seems to skirt around is the PARENTS are the ones responsible for this. My son graduated HS last year. He grew up in the gaming boom. Did he want to sit around and play all day? I'm sure he did. Did I let him? Hell no!! He's a well adjusted 18 year old. He doesn't sit around gaming all day long. That silly bitch anchor said, "babysitter in a box". Most parents do use games exactly for that. Same as our parents might have used the tv in the same way.

Imo, these kind of ignorant, pc pushing, shitheads will never change their views. It will always be gamers and game makers fault. Or someone else's. As long as they don't have to take responsibility, it's all gravy for them.

Gotta love Fox News. ::)

Chili-Palmer ]

whos fault is it the kid is even allowed to sit there? once again parenting somehow has avoided the finger and instead that finger has been pointed at games.