1.30 update TOMORROW

HippieChik ]
Neoblackhound ]

Oh and hold select to run with the scoreboard up.

My point EXACTLY! Why should I have to hold the select button to run while the scoreboard is up? I shouldn't!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And I don't even have sound ... petty? I think not.

I don't know how else to explain that when I buy something, I expect to get what I paid for and what I was promised. Period. If you call that petty, then so be it. I call that reasonable, at the very least. Hound, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

"And I don't even have sound ... petty? I think not."

I didn't say you sound petty, all the crap on PS forums are petty little things.

"My point EXACTLY! Why should I have to hold the select button to run while the scoreboard is up? I shouldn't!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

That just sounds like laziness for something your only goin to use for a few seconds seriously.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MRM3T ]

I wasted 3hrs of my life watching this update download' date=' and it was crap... ::) :-X

[/quote']

Nothing personal there Mets but that right there is the reason why online gaming is so screwed up. Your ISP is well ,not that great. It took me 3.5 minutes to download and less than 2 mins to install. Install is no big deal ,but the large discrepancy of the download times, is where the issue is when it comes to online gaming.

Takes me less than 4 mins to download and you 3 hours. If there is that much discrepancy in downloading this file, then imagine how big the discrepancy is during game play. It is this discrepancy during game play that makes trying to play online such an issue.

Take the beta when it first came out. For me and my connection the game was great. When I would shoot someone, they would die. They only issue I had was the stats issue error. I had no game play issue. There was however a major issue for those whose ISP were less than desirable, who either could not log in or would lag hardcore. So what is the fix? They have to screw with the connections of the good ISP's and bring them down. It has been posted by Ghost and others the algorithm they go through to make the game less laggy. Here in lies a problem to those who have a good connection.

The process of bringing our connections down to your level, makes our connections worse than yours. Now all of a sudden your hits are detected while ours are not. Our connection is strained while the server tries to choke it off.

As I stated earlier, with each patch they put out, my hit detection went down in the Beta. Finally the game was released and while my hit detection was not perfect it was bearable. They put out the first patch and well my hit detection went down. With this last patch it is unbearable. I continually get the drop on individuals and rape their ass, only to have them turn and one or 2 shot me and boom I am dead.

The only way to ever have great online experiences is to have one or 2 things happen. One you would have to have all games be made by a match making system. A system that only brought players of like connections into a room. That would kill clans and playing with friends, but it would make all rooms playable as only players with good connections would play together and those with poor connections play together. The second option would be to put a cap on poor connections that would not allow a player to play online if their speed was not good enough or if they had severe packet loss.

Well that wont happen either. They would not sell games that way. They are not in the business of creating the perfect online game, they are in the business of selling the most games. They can only do that if more players can get online.

I heard something just recently as well that really chaps my ass. There is a new little thing people are doing to reduce their connection. No I am not talking about lag switches or uploading or downloading on your computer while you play to screw with your connection. This is something new or at least new to me. That some clans are telling their players to do this task as to give their team an advantage. It is just sickening. It is a damn game people. That players and clans alike are that damn hard up for a boost to their ego that they will stoop to such things. That they feel that a video game and their play or their clans play defines them.

We can argue back and forth about this. People arguing to be patient and some that are really pissed. When working I like the game a lot. What really makes me extremely mad about Slant 6 and SOCOM Confrontation is the game is STILL NOT FINISHED!

My argument all along has been this game should have been released instead of CA. CA never should have been developed. Confrontation should had been available at system launch like Resistance.

Everyone has a right to be mad about this game. Slant 6 really IS a joke. We seen it coming with that piece of junk Fire Team Bravo: Tactical strike for the PSP. I bought that game, played for 15 minutes and took it right back to the store.

I don't understand how other developers make games and release a finished product? Is there gaming magic out there that Slant 6 doesn't know about? rotfl.gif

Sorry but I cannot get over that this game is not even close to being finished......

Bandit99 ]
MRM3T ]

I wasted 3hrs of my life watching this update download' date=' and it was crap... ::) :-X

[/quote']

Nothing personal there Mets but that right there is the reason why online gaming is so screwed up. Your ISP is well ,not that great. It took me 3.5 minutes to download and less than 2 mins to install. Install is no big deal ,but the large discrepancy of the download times, is where the issue is when it comes to online gaming.

Takes me less than 4 mins to download and you 3 hours. If there is that much discrepancy in downloading this file, then imagine how big the discrepancy is during game play. It is this discrepancy during game play that makes trying to play online such an issue.

Take the beta when it first came out. For me and my connection the game was great. When I would shoot someone, they would die. They only issue I had was the stats issue error. I had no game play issue. There was however a major issue for those whose ISP were less than desirable, who either could not log in or would lag hardcore. So what is the fix? They have to screw with the connections of the good ISP's and bring them down. It has been posted by Ghost and others the algorithm they go through to make the game less laggy. Here in lies a problem to those who have a good connection.

The process of bringing our connections down to your level, makes our connections worse than yours. Now all of a sudden your hits are detected while ours are not. Our connection is strained while the server tries to choke it off.

As I stated earlier, with each patch they put out, my hit detection went down in the Beta. Finally the game was released and while my hit detection was not perfect it was bearable. They put out the first patch and well my hit detection went down. With this last patch it is unbearable. I continually get the drop on individuals and rape their ass, only to have them turn and one or 2 shot me and boom I am dead.

The only way to ever have great online experiences is to have one or 2 things happen. One you would have to have all games be made by a match making system. A system that only brought players of like connections into a room. That would kill clans and playing with friends, but it would make all rooms playable as only players with good connections would play together and those with poor connections play together. The second option would be to put a cap on poor connections that would not allow a player to play online if their speed was not good enough or if they had severe packet loss.

Well that wont happen either. They would not sell games that way. They are not in the business of creating the perfect online game, they are in the business of selling the most games. They can only do that if more players can get online.

I heard something just recently as well that really chaps my ass. There is a new little thing people are doing to reduce their connection. No I am not talking about lag switches or uploading or downloading on your computer while you play to screw with your connection. This is something new or at least new to me. That some clans are telling their players to do this task as to give their team an advantage. It is just sickening. It is a damn game people. That players and clans alike are that damn hard up for a boost to their ego that they will stoop to such things. That they feel that a video game and their play or their clans play defines them.

Great post. I agree that the perception is that the better connection the more of a disadvantage you have!

It sucks because I do whatever I can to commit as much of my connection to my PS3 when playing online. QoS, DMZ, turn PC's off, make sure my connection is not having issues and so on. But you are correct, there are people out there that will do anything to win. I really hate the statement, if you are not cheating you are not trying. I think that just shows how far down integrity has gone down in the US.

Also something that SHOULD have been FIRST AND FOREMOST with this game is a CONNECTION INDICATOR!! I cannot believe in an ONLINE ONLY game this is something they left out!

HogWild ]
Goat ]
HippieChik ]

LIKE WE GET TO PLAY THIS SHIT FOR FREE...THAT A PLUS...any one else?

Nope, not in my book. I'd pay to play in a heartbeat if that meant perfect game play

+2

+ 3 In a heartbeat.

+4

and +2 to what hog said. if i were to get a game, READY TO PLAY, with effective maintenance i would pay a monthly fee with no questions asked.

Bandit99 ]
MRM3T ]

[/quote']

Those aren't the only two options Bandit. 360 online gaming is not like ps at all. Not one little bit. The only laggers are the cheaters and it's obvious. Good connections play with awful connections all the time with minimal discrepancies. Which means the real options is this:

HippieChik ]

Nope, not in my book. I'd pay to play in a heartbeat if that meant perfect game play

I hope that more and more ps3 only gamers start realizing this is the best option to fix all the shitty online games for this system. 5-10 bucks a month is not too much money for better quality. If you can't afford that much a month, then maybe you shouldn't have a $500 gaming machine.

Out of all the complaints you hear from X-boxers and eX-boxers, connection issues and pay to play aren't one of them.

Now all of a sudden your hits are detected while ours are not. Our connection is strained while the server tries to choke it off.

Ahhhhhh the old "Pixel Collision Detection" issue.

I believe some smart @ss.. or at least a coon @ss? ;) did a rather lengthy report on the inherent problem with not just Socom but most every online shooter game.

Ping me up Scottie

Post #1 and #33

quite a while back. I have more to say on it but that would require a Goat post so I’ll save it for now.. LOL.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Out of all the complaints you hear from X-boxers and eX-boxers, connection issues and pay to play aren't one of them.

Yup, I agree completely. I found myself playing Halo3 more (which is a game I didn't like) simply due to how great it ran and was set up. I have said it from day one..... You get what you pay for and I would GLADLY pay to play on my PS3 if I was provided the stability.

Bandit99 ]
MRM3T ]

[/quote']

yup especailly the houses with routers and three people playing...

i hate when im on a corner waiting and jump out and put 30 ni his head and he takes one shot and kills me....

what you posted is the exact problem with socom...

and i think x-box has a pay to play thing that might be lag free..(not sure never played)

Street, You can have 3 people playing in the same house if your connection is strong enough and set up correctly. BUT you are right that people do NOT know how or IF they can but do it anyway.

Even having your PS3 wireless can cause issues. People refuse to believe this too. "I have a 85% signal." Yeah that is great for a PC that can compensate with TCP which has checks to make sure ALL data was recieved. What about UDP, which games use, that just throw the data out there and there are NO checks? It doesn't care if it reached it's destination.

I am sure SEVERAL of the issues are do from to much load with the download of the patch and some things will clear up. BUT the biggest issue, at least for me, that was suppose to be fixed wasn't. The SAME issue people were bitching about in the BETA is STILL there. That fucking join/leave hiccup.

Seeing that the trophies was the biggest time consumption of patch 1.30 so I am hoping they learned that smaller fix patches are the way to go, but have they learned anything yet?

I still believe that the addition of trophies is something Socom could have definitely gone without for a long time. The most important thing about a game is it's actual playing quality once it's released. I don't know WHO in the Socom community sat there and complained to /6 every day saying "WE WANT TROPHIES, DAMNIT!" but whoever it was, they can go to hell.

Socom was released way too early, which is pitiful when you think they had a few years and even had a delay under it's belt. /6, fix this damn game. We don't need trophies, we don't need challenges, we need our favorite shooter back with no problems.

CDBS14 ]

if sony gave us online service for 5 bucks a month of 3 bucks' date=' THAT WOULD KILL 360.

the thing is if sony wants the game to have no lag, it would make it happen, LBP runs nice, resisatnce2 runs nice, warhawk runs nice, why cant they do this with socom.

Hopefully killzone2 runs nice as well

[/quote']

Never had any real problems with K1, it was almost completely lag free.