Whats your thoughts on this? (*cough* "D"! *cough*)

Pepsi Just started carrying this product so I actually got to try it without having to buy a 55gal drum(exaggeration).

These are 14oz I believe, and come in Chocolate, Chocolate Lite, Vanilla, Vanilla Lite, Banana Creme, Strawberry & Cream, and Chocolate Malt.

I ordered in everything but the Light ones. I probably should have got all of them but oh well. Now I tried a couple, The choc malt and vanilla. They were alright to drink but I wanted to know what you guys thought of them if you have had them. Are they really supposed to help build muscle? Thats my interest rite now. I am starting to build as of late and thought about having one after every night or working out.

By the way, These Retail for $2.99 The Pepsi guy told me he didn't expect them to sell in convenient stores and he would take them back when they out date but I sold a few in the first day.

o-STRICK-o ]

my morning combo.. i have a 5 hour energy, muscle milk, and a NOS.

You drink all of that every morning..!!??

Dude you better watch your health.. SERIOUSLY.

You should have no need for a 5 hour energy & a NOS in the same day, much less for breakfast. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
o-STRICK-o ]

You should have no need for a 5 hour energy & a NOS in the same day, much less for breakfast. lol

Agreed man. That sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen.

i just buy a big tub i guess youd say of the whey protein from GNC and make a drink after my workouts, it doesn't taste all that great, but i've never had a lot of faith in things that tasted great when it comes to stuff like that.

if you want something that tastes better, those Myoplex stuff seems to work pretty well, but its a tad on the expensive side, for me at least.

Tried MM as well as 10-15 different types of protein powder, here is my 2 cents. MM is near the bottom for price/effectiveness.

For taste:

I personally like BSN Syntha 6 (6 different protein blend)

Effectiveness:

PVL Isostack 10 (10 proteins)

Though my failsafe when it comes to powder is ON's 100% whey (cheap effective and many flavours) it has also been Bodybuilding.com #1 protein many years...

Dont get too caught up in the hype of supplements though, you will find a good diet is enough for most people.

For people who train I would say a mutl vitamin, fish oil, and protein are all that are needed to compliment your diet. Protein should come from natural food souces, shakes are convenient though and have their place in pre/postworkout supplementation. You were right in assuming 25 grams was good for a post workout shake, just eat a real meal 30 mins after your shake. Your lean body mass/activity level should determine your daily protein requirements. I weigh 185 lbs with 10% bodyfat (give or take) So my lean body mass is about 166 lbs, my activity levey is 10+ hours of exercise a week so I eat 160-190 grams of protein daily and I maintain my weight, think of your protein requirementas feeding the muscle not the fat....

The formula is something like this

Protein prescription = Lean body mass x Activity factor

Physical activity factor Grams of Protein per lb of lean body mass

Sedentary 0.5

Light activity (e.g., walking) 0.6

Moderate activity (1.5 hours week) 0.7

Active (1.5 - 2.5 h/week) 0.8

Very active (Greater than 2.5 h/week) 0.9

Elite athlete (or weight training 5 times a week) 1.0

185 x .10% bf= 18.5 lbs of fat on me = 166.5 lbs lean body mass.

166.5 x 1.0= 166.5 g protein daily spread throughout 5 meals =33.3 g at each meal....

HOPE THIS HELPS! lol

Chili-Palmer ]
o-STRICK-o ]

all 5 hour energy is loaded with is b6 & b12....NOS doesnt have a significant vitamin B dose in it. So basically i drink a protein shake, vitamin B drink and a cup of coffee in the morning... NOS is not loaded like rockstar or some of those others....ah well though, my blood pressure and all that jazz is ok so far....but we all gotta go someday, RIGHT ;)

MAXIMUS666 ]

Tried MM as well as 10-15 different types of protein powder, here is my 2 cents. MM is near the bottom for price/effectiveness.

For taste:

I personally like BSN Syntha 6 (6 different protein blend)

Effectiveness:

PVL Isostack 10 (10 proteins)

Though my failsafe when it comes to powder is ON's 100% whey (cheap effective and many flavours) it has also been Bodybuilding.com #1 protein many years...

Dont get too caught up in the hype of supplements though, you will find a good diet is enough for most people.

For people who train I would say a mutl vitamin, fish oil, and protein are all that are needed to compliment your diet. Protein should come from natural food souces, shakes are convenient though and have their place in pre/postworkout supplementation. You were right in assuming 25 grams was good for a post workout shake, just eat a real meal 30 mins after your shake. Your lean body mass/activity level should determine your daily protein requirements. I weigh 185 lbs with 10% bodyfat (give or take) So my lean body mass is about 166 lbs, my activity levey is 10+ hours of exercise a week so I eat 160-190 grams of protein daily and I maintain my weight, think of your protein requirementas feeding the muscle not the fat....

The formula is something like this

Protein prescription = Lean body mass x Activity factor

Physical activity factor Grams of Protein per lb of lean body mass

Sedentary 0.5

Light activity (e.g., walking) 0.6

Moderate activity (1.5 hours week) 0.7

Active (1.5 - 2.5 h/week) 0.8

Very active (Greater than 2.5 h/week) 0.9

Elite athlete (or weight training 5 times a week) 1.0

185 x .10% bf= 18.5 lbs of fat on me = 166.5 lbs lean body mass.

166.5 x 1.0= 166.5 g protein daily spread throughout 5 meals =33.3 g at each meal....

HOPE THIS HELPS! lol

DAYUM, I wanted to work out not do math LOL j/k. Thanks for the good info. I tried whey...and holy crap that shit is horrible to get down. I have a huge canister of it but cant bring myself to try it again LOL. I cant really eat a meal after working out becouse my lifestyle rite now only offers me MORE time at night then anything else. I start at Midnight usually if not later. Eating at 1:30 2:00 is no Go LOL. So the jist I got is that they will have the vitimins but def. not a sure fire way to build. As long as it is possible to help, I can get these at no cost so i think Ill keep at em for a while.

I liked Muscle Milk, used them for a few months. My gym carries them as well as a local convenience store around the corner from where I teach.

I ONLY drank them right after a heavy lifting workout when I knew I could not get home within 30 mins to replenish my body with protein. I did not bother with Muscle Milk after a cardio work out...just lifting.

If I know I am heading right home after the gym, then I don't bother with the Muscle Milk. I'll usually just get home, have two glasses of milk while I make some chicken or pork. Ample protein right there.

When you drink Muscle Milk, you don't do it to 'build' muscle...you do it to repair the muscle you tore during your work out. With the amount of calories in a Muscle Milk, I wouldn't suggest it without a work out.

MUCH, MUCH better than Muscle Milk is a protein drink (flavored water type drink, not a milk or shake) called Isopure. JUST as much protein (about 40 grams) but without the calories that Muscle Milk has. I dropped Muscle Milk once I discovered Isopure and have never looked back.

Again, I only drink Isopure ONLY after a weight work out when I know I will not be able to eat within 30 mins.

Remember TOO much protein is BAD for you. A 220 lb man who strength trains needs approx. 100-140g protein per day. NEVER to exceed 200g per day. It can severely stress kidneys and also leads to calcium loss in the urine which leads to premature bone decay.

I agree with much of what Tow has said, though protein requirements I disagree with. Like I said before your LBM and activity factor determine just how much protein you truly need. Most pro BB's will consume 300+ grams of protein daily (as well as steroids and 1000 supps) even marathon runners, oly athletes consuume large amounts 150+ grams of protein daily.

I have consumed 150+ grams of protein (for the most part) on a daily basis for the last year now, and my health fiitness and blood work are better than ever. Though Tow is right you need to pay attention to how much you put in and when, get to know what your body needs.

I don't know how much this will add to the convo here, and not entirely sure of the scientific value of this input, but I have just decided that the lady will now have to refer to my ejaculate as my 'magnificent muscle milk' when we're playing dirty.

Ok, back to the protein pow-wow.

.........ok, I'm going to have to demand that she refer our sex to 'protein pow-wow' from now on as well.

o-STRICK-o ]
Chili-Palmer ]
o-STRICK-o ]

all 5 hour energy is loaded with is b6 & b12....NOS doesnt have a significant vitamin B dose in it. So basically i drink a protein shake, vitamin B drink and a cup of coffee in the morning... NOS is not loaded like rockstar or some of those others....ah well though, my blood pressure and all that jazz is ok so far....but we all gotta go someday, RIGHT ;)

You know Strick, a good nights sleep for a few nights in a row and you won't need all that crack. Seriously, Sleep, a proper diet and work out program and you're all over it.

HusH- ]

is it milky or like a energy drink?

I have never heard of it. Starbucks is good...

It's like a protein shake. If i had to compare it to something it would be one of those instant breakfast packets I used to drink before school in the morning but more creamy and already prepared. I think it tastes really good but don't see much need for it because I can stomach whey protein.

Undertow ]

Maximus, permission is GRANTED!

....As long as you also include a trendy dinner offering dish, calling it 'General Tow's Chicken' that also comes with a strawberry Havteenie martinie, all for $8.99.

Thank you, but when I ordered the Havteenie martini it came in a small shot glass??? whats up with that? The chicken was unlike any we' ever had, kinda spicy/cheesy/short+curly...