Cheap tactic or smart strategy? You be the judge......

Im new to Socom CA and was wondering the thoughts of people in here concerning something.

Team A has the bomb, they hop in a tank and drive it over.  They plant the bomb, then get back in the tank and drive it "over" the bomb.  They then get out and AT-4 the tank blowing it up over the bomb.  Team B wins the gunfight but now spends the next 20 seconds just looking at the tank cause he can now no longer defuse the bomb.

I have my personal thoughts on this but I was curious to know if A) is this a common practice I need to learn and B)  Does the community here thinks its a cheap way to win or a smart strategy to use.

Discuss........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skipper

I think that's a fair question Dynex, and I'm not sure I really have an answer. However, if my clan did that and the other clan was upset about it then I'd tell them not to let us get the bomb, stop us.

Vice versa, we would be waiting for them to try it again.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

That is fair game in my book, to me it can be done in a real life situation, with the exception of the tank disappearing after a certain time. So I say its a good strategy, and more then likely will be used more than once in this tourney. JMO

Well, I would think if a clan pulls that on me the FIRST time, then kudos to them for thinking up a strat like that.

But that's all I give them.

If they pull it a second time, and I haven't gotten MY team ready for that very same tactic with some rockets or something before the tank got there, then that just makes me unprepared and slow.

Undertow ]

Well, I would think if a clan pulls that on me the FIRST time, then kudos to them for thinking up a strat like that.

If they pull it a second time, and I haven't gotten MY team ready for that very same tactic with some rockets or something before the tank got there, then that just makes me unprepared and slow.

Agreed

Quite honestly, not ANY different than the docks map ... what's it called?, where you can get the bomb, jump in the water and hide so you can't be killed. This was discussed in another thread somewhere and I even think that this map was supposed to be left out because of this, but inadvertently was not. People were saying that was unfair.

Same thing, different map, different use ... in my opinion. Don't see harm in either, though. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes as long as it's not a glitch and you aren't soft-spotting/cheating, etc.

Guest KingJunk

It can only be done on 1 map that I think of right now but if it was done to me I would pull the same move on them so I guess its a good move. I used to do it on some Convoys to slow down a loaded Convoy heading to a drop zone.

If noone else will, Ill say it, I think its BS. Tactically its smart but to say it dont take advantage of a games flaw is a stretch. When you blow up a tank, you should be able to salvage the tank, not be bordered off of it. When people do this, it takes advantage of SOCOMs developers mess up. The tank disappears after so long, and when its blown up, you can see the bomb but cant jump in there to defuse it. Thats BS. Real Navy Seals would be hoppin it the burning wreckage defusing, hell, I would too if it was that important. For people to use this tactic just shows their skill in the game is.......whats the word Im looking for.......CRAP. I have used this once before and realized how unrealistic it was and I didnt do it again. You guys want to talk about using things in the game that are realistic, like not quick sniping and then you say its OK to use this??????? Makes absolutely no sense.....No offense was meant with this post, just stating my mind since noone else was LOL

Guest NEO-X
-Wu-Mrs.D.D. ]

brilliant stratagy if you ask me.. ;)

Completely agree..

Pretty original.. and yeah you'll piss off the other team, but hopefully it'll provoke them to be more original in their tactics themselves

Guest [iLL] Andawg
Undertow ]

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, SHAME on ME!

-Tha_Savage- ]

If noone else will, Ill say it, I think its BS. Tactically its smart but to say it dont take advantage of a games flaw is a stretch. When you blow up a tank, you should be able to salvage the tank, not be bordered off of it. When people do this, it takes advantage of SOCOMs developers mess up. The tank disappears after so long, and when its blown up, you can see the bomb but cant jump in there to defuse it. Thats BS. Real Navy Seals would be hoppin it the burning wreckage defusing, hell, I would too if it was that important. For people to use this tactic just shows their skill in the game is.......whats the word Im looking for.......CRAP. I have used this once before and realized how unrealistic it was and I didnt do it again. You guys want to talk about using things in the game that are realistic, like not quick sniping and then you say its OK to use this??????? Makes absolutely no sense.....No offense was meant with this post, just stating my mind since noone else was LOL

If no offense was meant with the post, then I would suggest that you not refer to a tactic someone just used in a UF4 as....what's the word I'm looking for......."CRAP."

Real Navy Seals, I thought, were also "prepared for anything."

So everyone......prepare yourselves for a tank plant.

And that's pretty much that.

Anyway, with as many M3s and RPGs you get in a game, I don't know how ANYONE survives too long riding in a lumbering, slow tank. Again, to me, just shows unpreparedness.

Let's ease up on the comments here, people.

This can continue as a debate.....not the start of a flame fest.

Undertow ]
-Tha_Savage- ]

If no offense was meant with the post, then I would suggest that you not refer to a tactic someone just used in a UF4 as....what's the word I'm looking for......."CRAP."

Real Navy Seals, I thought, were also "prepared for anything."

So everyone......prepare yourselves for a tank plant.

And that's pretty much that.

Anyway, with as many M3s and RPGs you get in a game, I don't know how ANYONE survives too long riding in a lumbering, slow tank.  Again, to me, just shows unpreparedness.

Let's ease up on the comments here, people.

This can continue as a debate.....not the start of a flame fest.

Heres all Im saying, and let me point out, im not trying to start anything, just stating my mind. Yes, navy seals adapt and overcome, but everyone here knows gls dont work for tanks(unless your whole team has them and unload them all into it). M3s do, but only seals get those. Shoot, most of the time M2 mines blow up and do nothing to a tank. What I'm trying to say is this......if we are taking unrealistic points of the game and banning them(quick sniping is a perfect example), what makes this different? Its like when theres 2 guys left. One guy has the bomb in the tank, the other is hiding, the tank blows up and the other full team of 16 players cannot pick up that bomb for the entire round. Ive seen this several times. Or even when someone lags out with the bomb. It is a game flaw rather people want to admit it or not. Everyone uses it, just like everyone used to quick snipe before people said it was unfair.