Question on credit reports

A hard inquiry is when they check your credit for like a job or any sort of application you put in to get something. Like a credit card etc. Hard inquiries have a negative impact on your credit. Too many and you will look desperate seeking something so be wise when you put in an application. A soft inquiry is like when you check your own credit just to see your score or if you ever get those Pre-Approved credit cards and mortgages in the mail they are from soft inquiries.

To add to the last post..

You can obtain i Free Credit Report Each Year... But from all 3 of the Major Credit Reporting Agencies.

I have it timed So I can look at it in Jan - May - Sept. ..Jan May Sept.

You get one free from each agency each year.

The only thing about this "free" credit report is that you DO NOT get a FICO credit score.

at3dave ]

To add to the last post..

You can obtain i Free Credit Report Each Year... But from all 3 of the Major Credit Reporting Agencies.

I have it timed So I can look at it in Jan - May - Sept. ..Jan May Sept.

You get one free from each agency each year.

The only thing about this "free" credit report is that you DO NOT get a FICO credit score.

so I am guessing this is in the states right? cause I don't know if the laws here in Canada are the same but I will try the freecreditreport.com when I get home. thanks guys

And equifax offers a free 30 day trial of it's FICO Credit Score tracker. It shows you everything that happens to your credit and how it's affected. In 30 days not much will happen, but for some who are active with their credit it could mean the difference. I'm not sure of the cost but I think it's like $85 for a full year of the service.

Thanks for the info Mets!

HippieChik ]
Playerdown ]

By law, you can obtain 1 free "full" credit report each year.

FreeCreditReport.com

Freecreditreport.com enrolls you in some program you have to pay for. Try this instead https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Thanks Hippiechik but I cannot view that page cause i am outside of the united states so it will not let me view the page.