a poll on socom games

I voted CA but I think CA and 3 should be combined since they are pretty much the same thing with some new maps. S2 got me hooked but you can't deny how much better CA was. I liked the maps, vehicles and guns better. S2 was very basic I liked how CA was more realistic. Hit detection was much improved and your loadout affected your speed. Also your attachments affected the way your gun shot. The only thing I didn't like about CA was when they went away from the blood.

I voted S2, but.. that is true 3/CA was pretty good too. I was finally able to play without the "special" controller.

My only complaint about S2 was the controller.. i always had to have one of those custom controllers in order to play S2. lol

(i think it used to be - http://www.SocomControl.com)

HogWild ]

S2 played better than S3. if people couldn't jump over vehicles and all the soft spots, I would have voted S3 because it was the more interesting concept. I never, not once, jumped over a vehicle. It either knocked me down and hurt me a lot or killed me. Every single time. How the hell did people do it?

If by played better you mean there were glitches on every map for your lame ass opponents to hide in then yes the gameplay was better. ;) I never had any problems with vehicles I thought they were a blast. Rushing in Crucible every round getting in wars with the trucks was fun as hell. Too many glitches and stupid kids in S2 for me.

I voted Confrontation too!!

Alot of people seem to forget all the nightmares the other Socoms had well past release too. Granted the Con release issues are worse, but the game overall is better than it's predecessers. It's a shame that it gets lost underneath the pile of issues /6 has blessed us with.

My one question about confronatation is this. Why couldn't they recognize and fix all of these problems BEFORE releasing the game? For fucks sake it was in beta for over 3 months! They can test the servers for this shit and they knew what everyone wanted so why couldn't they just put it in to begin with instead of waiting for everyone to bitch? What happened to that close knit partnership /6 had with the socom community before beta testing?

It's like once they had the jist of what everyone wanted they said "Fuck You" once they started beta testing.

So my question again: Why didn't they fix all the issues before the game release? They had to know they were there and existed!

MaluNYMets ]

By the time we got the beta it was already beta tested. So the beta was basically a demo for everybody to test server issues. Maybe they should have had better real beta testers instead of little kids.

Maybe they should have come to Urgent Fury where we would have given them a real dose of reality on how to make that game a top seller and how NOT to fuck it up

I voted CA, although I agree CA/3 is sort of the same thing. If you take CA along with all three map packs.. (map pack four is due to be released next year.. yeahh.. right! LOL) then it had the most maps. But CA for me mainly because of co-op. I like co-op, as a choice.. in a sort of “I’ve had enough of laggers and cheaters, I’ll go play some co-op for the hell of it†Truth be told Socom CA’s co-op was really lame.. as far as co-op’s go.. yet it seemed to fill my need regardless and give me some cheap fun.

Why couldn’t they just upgrade CA or even Socom II, give it a new engine and re-code the graphics. Seems to me that would have been a lot easier then what they did, would have took far less time and work and would be something I would play.. hell the money they saved and new revenue they got could have been spent on their servers. Maybe that just makes too much sense? Yeah that must be it.