Soooo how come

everyone is playing Socom and saying it's working on and off, but noone has mentioned a lack of sound in the game? Am I the ONLY person around here with NO sound?

I tried playing on Sunday, but when you can't hear bullets raining around you, it really, really sucks. I don't need anything else to detract from what little skill I do have.

What do I do to get my sound back?

Neoblackhound ]

No problems with that. Last time I heard about a reset of the router and a connection is needed.

Why is your answer for everything resetting the router? ;)

I bet the problem is on your end Hippie. Check your cables connecting your ps3 to Tv.

Cuz I know it works and I know a fresh connection is better then a old connection.

Ok, so let me give a little more detail here ...

My husband logged on Sat. night to play Socom and absolutely no sound. Then he and two other clan members decided to play CoD because Socom sucks and everything was perfect. Then on Sunday, I thought I'd give it a try and same thing happened to me. No sound on Socom, but I have sound on any and all other games/movies. Socom is the ONLY game where I have no sound. I can talk and I can hear talking (except for proximity chat), but no other game sounds can be heard.

And yes, I checked the in game audio settings and all is good there.

Am I looking at dumping the update and re-downloading? And if so, how do I dump the update?

HippieChik ]

Ok, so let me give a little more detail here ...

My husband logged on Sat. night to play Socom and absolutely no sound. Then he and two other clan members decided to play CoD because Socom sucks and everything was perfect. Then on Sunday, I thought I'd give it a try and same thing happened to me. No sound on Socom, but I have sound on any and all other games/movies. Socom is the ONLY game where I have no sound. I can talk and I can hear talking (except for proximity chat), but no other game sounds can be heard.

And yes, I checked the in game audio settings and all is good there.

Am I looking at dumping the update and re-downloading? And if so, how do I dump the update?

In your Socom game data file, you should see it in there, Hippie. You can delete it there.