Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  

Soooo how come

everyone is playing Socom and saying it's working on and off, but noone has mentioned a lack of sound in the game? Am I the ONLY person around here with NO sound?

I tried playing on Sunday, but when you can't hear bullets raining around you, it really, really sucks. I don't need anything else to detract from what little skill I do have.

What do I do to get my sound back?

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Neoblackhound ]

No problems with that. Last time I heard about a reset of the router and a connection is needed.

Why is your answer for everything resetting the router? ;)

I bet the problem is on your end Hippie. Check your cables connecting your ps3 to Tv.

Neoblackhound ]

No problems with that. Last time I heard about a reset of the router and a connection is needed.

I bet the problem is on your end Hippie. Check your cables connecting your ps3 to Tv.

Cuz I know it works and I know a fresh connection is better then a old connection.

i lost my sound for the whole night the other night. could only here like background music sometimes. then went to a differant room could here again then went away after about a round or so

Ok, so let me give a little more detail here ...

My husband logged on Sat. night to play Socom and absolutely no sound. Then he and two other clan members decided to play CoD because Socom sucks and everything was perfect. Then on Sunday, I thought I'd give it a try and same thing happened to me. No sound on Socom, but I have sound on any and all other games/movies. Socom is the ONLY game where I have no sound. I can talk and I can hear talking (except for proximity chat), but no other game sounds can be heard.

And yes, I checked the in game audio settings and all is good there.

Am I looking at dumping the update and re-downloading? And if so, how do I dump the update?

HippieChik ]

Ok, so let me give a little more detail here ...

My husband logged on Sat. night to play Socom and absolutely no sound. Then he and two other clan members decided to play CoD because Socom sucks and everything was perfect. Then on Sunday, I thought I'd give it a try and same thing happened to me. No sound on Socom, but I have sound on any and all other games/movies. Socom is the ONLY game where I have no sound. I can talk and I can hear talking (except for proximity chat), but no other game sounds can be heard.

And yes, I checked the in game audio settings and all is good there.

Am I looking at dumping the update and re-downloading? And if so, how do I dump the update?

In your Socom game data file, you should see it in there, Hippie. You can delete it there.

Chaka ]

"Turn off DTS sound from the game options". In 1.3 they added DTS support which did that to you and others.

This sound problem has been happening since the BETA. It usually goes out when something really loud happens like an explosion. Quitting the game returning to the XMB then starting the game will fix it. If turning DTS off works let us know.

Neoblackhound ]

that is funny as shit.....

Chili-Palmer ]

Dude. i have to reset my router daily.. lol

im not sure if you have to but i reset my modom everytime i hook up my ps3 or my pc...i dont have a router but i would probally turn it off when not in use ....give it a longer life

if you dont have a router then you are supposed to do that.