re5 DEMO SOON

Want an early taste at Capcom's latest zombie adventure? You'll be able to download a free demo off the PlayStation Store the week of February 5th.

The demo will include two levels and three types of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single PS3 and two-player across PlayStation Network. Players will be able to pick between traditional RE4 controls, or a new Action control scheme, inspired by popular third-person shooters, like Gears of War.

Source: PS3Fanboy.com

Undertow ]

I'm looking VERY forward to this game. Hope there's more zombies and less 50-ft tentacles with teeth.

Just bring back the MOOOAAAN!

they are not zombies, lol

also i played demo at a sony store here in NYC and well game is amazing except for the fact that the physics are nuts, you shoot someone with a pistol and the dude flies.

Resident Evil 4 introduced a virus other than the T-Virus from the first batch of RE games. This virus makes the enemy a zombie, but more of a monster than zombie. They're slow, at first, but have the ability to get up and jog after you. Some of these zombies transform into some sort of evil bug when you pop off their heads.

These zombies also have the ability to communicate by talking and such. They'll curse at you in different languages. They're pretty much still human, except their minds have been totally revamped.

RE4 and RE5 are more modern with the 28 Days Later kind of zombies, which are active and quick. The time of the old moaning, slow moving zombies seem to be over. That doesn't mean the game will suck though. RE4 was one of the greatest games ever created.

The demo is stacked and very good. This game will definitely be a must buy on the majority's list of games.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Resident Evil 4 introduced a virus other than the T-Virus from the first batch of RE games. This virus makes the enemy a zombie, but more of a monster than zombie. They're slow, at first, but have the ability to get up and jog after you. Some of these zombies transform into some sort of evil bug when you pop off their heads.

These zombies also have the ability to communicate by talking and such. They'll curse at you in different languages. They're pretty much still human, except their minds have been totally revamped.

RE4 and RE5 are more modern with the 28 Days Later kind of zombies, which are active and quick. The time of the old moaning, slow moving zombies seem to be over. That doesn't mean the game will suck though. RE4 was one of the greatest games ever created.

The demo is stacked and very good. This game will definitely be a must buy on the majority's list of games.

not really a virus, more like a parasite called LAS PLAGAS, basically the plague in spanish.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Good writeup, very insightful. I might have to check this out.

Call me nostalgic but I don't seem to LOVE the action packed new era of Resident evil. While I thought RE4 was good and undoubtedly RE5 will be good, nothing compares to the original Resident evils.

When I played Re4, it was like, ok I gotta kill hundreds of these infested humans to beat the game. On the other hand, in the originals, I played to escape Racoon City or find an anti-virus. You actually felt like if you were in the game, you had to goslow throughout the mansion, police station, the city, the streets for survival. You never knew what was up next, you had to piece together codes, passwords, keys, items to get to certain areas. It was like no other, it was what RE was about.

Now, I feel like I'm playing an action packed thriller which isn't bad, its just not "Resident Evil".

Nino_Nemasis ]

Call me nostalgic but I don't seem to LOVE the action packed new era of Resident evil. While I thought RE4 was good and undoubtedly RE5 will be good, nothing compares to the original Resident evils.

When I played Re4, it was like, ok I gotta kill hundreds of these infested humans to beat the game. On the other hand, in the originals, I played to escape Racoon City or find an anti-virus. You actually felt like if you were in the game, you had to goslow throughout the mansion, police station, the city, the streets for survival. You never knew what was up next, you had to piece together codes, passwords, keys, items to get to certain areas. It was like no other, it was what RE was about.

Now, I feel like I'm playing an action packed thriller which isn't bad, its just not "Resident Evil".

I agree 100%... Even though resident evil 4 was amazing, i'm gonna miss 1,2, and 3. They could make 300 resident evil games where you have to escape raccoon city, and I would buy them all.

The problem I have with RE and just games in general is that they're too linear now.

Go back to the old RE and the old MGS and hell even Devil May Cry.. all of those games on the PS/PS2 weren't linear. They had doors all over the place to go to, some locked, some unlocked. Each brought you to a totally different place and then after an hour or two of going in that direction, you realize you went the wrong way and have to go all the way back.

Games now are too linear. The new RE and MGS aren't as open as they were before. You know exactly where you're supposed to go because there's only one or to doors that you can enter in the area. There's not as much backtracking as there used to be and to me, it takes away from some of the challenges and suspense there was before. RE was more intense before because you knew that if you went into the wrong room, you're fucked. Now you can't really enter the wrong room.. because there's only one or two you can even go into

Nino and Churchy. Great replies man. That is the reason I don't get too excited for RE games these days. The originals actually had an intense feeling. More than a few times I jumped out of my seat. Plus the puzzles were a blast.

It's one of the reasons I like Fallout3 so much. Tons of stuff to do. Getting trapped in lower levels knowing you could frag somethign up if you did it wrong.

Anyways, great posts both of you.

some news.

A Resident Evil 5 demo will hit Xbox Live on January 26, exclusively for one week. After that? PlayStation 3 owners have to wait a whole week, getting it on February 2.

Seven days! How ever will you cope. February 2 is exactly one week after the 360 demo, as promised, and Capcom are so intent on bringing it to PlayStation 3 owners without delay that it's going live on a Monday, rather than the customary Thursday.

One thing to note: we were told this by Capcom Europe, so confirmation of a US release will have to come when Capcom USA get out of bed. But it'll most likely be the same day. Anyway, worst case scenario, it's not exactly tough signing up for a European PSN account.

Source: Kotaku.com