plane crashes

In case anyone wants details, the plane took off from LaGuardia airport and was heading to Charlotte. The plane was over the Bronx when it hit a flock of geese, which took out one of the engines. The plane made a U-turn in an attempt to make it back to the airport, but had to make an emergency crash landing in the Hudson River. There were about 150 people on the plane with no casualties. Divers have been in and out the river for a few hours. The biggest concern was not the crash itself, but the freezing temperatures where it was 20 degrees with a windchill of about 5 degrees. Hudson River has crazy winds, also, which made it even worse.

Some witnesses reported seeing an engine explode over the Bronx (Fordham Road more specifically, which is about a 5 minute walk from where I am). The first reports were that there was a blown engine when it flew over the Bronx, but that was quickly changed to a flock of geese getting caught in the engine.

More details are definitely on their way.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

In case anyone wants details, the plane took off from LaGuardia airport and was heading to Charlotte. The plane was over the Bronx when it hit a flock of geese, which took out one of the engines. The plane made a U-turn in an attempt to make it back to the airport, but had to make an emergency crash landing in the Hudson River. There were about 150 people on the plane with no casualties. Divers have been in and out the river for a few hours. The biggest concern was not the crash itself, but the freezing temperatures where it was 20 degrees with a windchill of about 5 degrees. Hudson River has crazy winds, also, which made it even worse.

Some witnesses reported seeing an engine explode over the Bronx (Fordham Road more specifically, which is about a 5 minute walk from where I am). The first reports were that there was a blown engine when it flew over the Bronx, but that was quickly changed to a flock of geese getting caught in the engine.

More details are definitely on their way.

Thanks for a better report.

CpT_NuTJoB ]

Fuckin Canadians and there geese...

Oh wait I am part Canadian !!

Glad everyone is safe..

You sure it wasn't seagulls ::)

You'd be surprised how many Geese are actually flying around at this time of year. The gulls stay towards the beaches and huge parking lots. Geese are all about parks and highways.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
BacklasH ]

Glad everyone is ok and they should hire me to do some hunting up there. I'm sure I could get the goose population down! The geese in Illinois and Wisconsin can attest to that ;D.

Think you can go Solid Snake and hunt some Rats? :D

HELL no. I don't do rats lol.

Within 10 minutes of the landing/crash, there were about 10 ships there to help and assist with the plane and passengers. They went along a ramp one by one onto different ships and brought back to shore. Most of them didn't have any of their belongings (no jackets) when they came off the plane.

On the other hand, the pilot is being considered a Hero. 30-40 seconds (I believe) after take-off, the Pilot reported that the engines had been hit by birds and the plane was going down. The pilot made announcements saying "We're going down" and "Brace yourselves" before landing in the water. The way he landed was as if he landed an aircraft on a regular runway. They said he landed smoothly and was very professional about the whole thing going on. If I'm not mistaken, they also said that the captain of the plane was a retired US Air Force pilot, I believe

RNG187 ]

yeah church, i also heard that the pilot has been flying for 30+ years and was apart of the air force. it's a miracle that there are so many different commuter ferries between NY and jersey, if not those people could've been in real trouble.

ITS A MIRACLE THE PLANE DIDNT HIT ANY OF THOSE COMMUTER FERRIES.