What is your gameplay style in confrontation

Camping? "That's just my game"... well sort of, I'm a sniper and while providing overwatch and key sniping support I'm usually the last guy alive. Camping in my mind is a critical component of Socom at times, but it certainly can be over done and if one is still "camping" when his team is planting the bomb, he's of no use to anybody but the enemy! So camping has it's uses but can only be successful when one has a good situational awareness of the game he's in and game mode. 8)

Guest CplKoontz

I like to sweep and clear rooms. Also walking around the edges. I play stealthy most of the time; doing alot of stop, look and shoot type of play, like to run with another gunner. Tactical and Deadly.

SQUlD ]

I like to hit the eject button, curse Slant 6 for ruining SOCOM, and play a game that is enjoyable.

why such a useless post??? i am sure that the people that post a reply in this thread enjoy playing the game. By the way Slant six has done a better job on this socom then any (zipper socom game except S2).

I myself love to rush and I cant really camp, I have no Ideas where good spots are and what not so i just rush out there and try to take some people with me

I am typically a scaredy cat.

I like to find a bush and hope that the rest of my team takes care of the competition. When I see an enemy coming near, I mic in his location so someone else can shoot him so that I don't miss. When I'm the last one alive on my team I usually give the controller to my cat. She's a button-masher but she gets lucky with a kill sometimes which is always more than what I can get.

But even then I get us killed because through prox-chat the other team can hear me talking to her saying 'please do good, please do good, please do good.'

It usually depends on the situation or game type. In the old days of socom I was definitely run and gun, nowadays I like to take my time on a map. Lately I have been trying the sniper role on for size, it's alot of fun and for some reason snipe kills are more fulfilling to me, I get more enjoyment out of it for some reason. But like I said it depends on my mood, the situation, game type and what my clan needs me to do for the win.

Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

I like to hit the eject button, curse Slant 6 for ruining SOCOM, and play a game that is enjoyable.

why such a useless post??? i am sure that the people that post a reply in this thread enjoy playing the game. By the way Slant six has done a better job on this socom then any (zipper socom game except S2).

Uh...hi. I'm Squid. I'm a bit of an asshole and a smartass clown who pretty much just says what is on my mind. I thought we'd met. Here's an introductory video I made just for occasions like this: http://www.whoissquid.com.

And to answer the original post, when I did play SOCOM, I liked to run up the side of the map and get behind the other team. I used no stealth whatsoever and I was usually the first one dead, but I would take 1 or 2 guys with me every round.

Xanthe ]
Sw3RvE ]

i run n gun. i camp only when im camped upon. i use assault rifles, smgs, and shotguns. i use whatever weapon is needed to get the job done. if you dont like it... cry. ;D

You'll get no tears from me... just .50 cal bullets! 8)

The only .50 caliber bullets on confrontation so far is the DE.

Cynical2U ]
SQUlD ]

my thoughts exactly. zipper took what 10 months to give us old new maps. they also took 10 times longer to provide a patch for a system that is over 10 years old.