President Obama

just wondering, did it ever come to mind that maybe he didn't plan which balls to attend? i am sure that day there were many 'official balls' he couldn't possibly go to them all. i bet there are probably 2-3 more balls that other presidents didn't skip and he did. You got to remember he is a very popular president, he got invited to many balls; maybe this one just didn't fit into the schedule due to location or timing.

Did it occur to you that he is the most powerful man on the planet and the leader of the free world? I think it's safe to say that he had a say in which balls he attended.

But hey, it doesn't matter right? The newly elected Commander in Chief hangs with the celebs and doesn't bother to stop and say a few words to some our nation's true heroes. Who wouldn't make the same choice right?

I found the link to the article on a military website that I go to. I just want to see how the responses will differ coming from a group with more liberals mixed in.

They just mentioned some of the balls he went to, some had celebs and the others?

these are all the balls he attended; they were on the inauguration website, i guess they were planned before hand.

Youth Inaugural Ball – Young Americans aged 18-35; Washington Hilton

Obama Home States Inaugural Ball – Illinois and Hawaii invited guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Biden Home States Inaugural Ball –Delaware and Pennsylvania invited guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Eastern Inaugural Ball - CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT, PR, and USVI invited guests; Union Station

Mid-Atlantic Inaugural Ball - MD, VA, DC, NY, NJ, WV, Dems Abroad, and invited guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Midwest Inaugural Ball - KS, IN, IA, MI, MN, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI, and MO invited guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Southern Inaugural Ball - AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and TX invited guests; National Guard Armory

Western Inaugural Ball - AK, CA, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY, AZ, CO, NV, NM, UT, OK, GUAM/AS invited guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Neighborhood Inaugural Ball – DC residents, additional guests; Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Commander-in-Chief’s Inaugural Ball – Enlisted active duty and reserve military; National Building Museum

Dude, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Kid Rock we're at the other balls..!! I woulda skipped it too. lol ;D

But seriously you have to take it all with a grain of salt.. i mean come on.. it also says:

The very people who he sought to have support him during his candidacy and campaign, who have fought to protect this country, were snubbed in favor of publicity and the opportunity to rub shoulders

Seriously..!?

Are we to believe that the Military was mostly backing Obama..?

And exactly which people is it that aren't "sought to have support".. is there such a group of people that any candidate decides they dont want their votes.!? lol

I understand anyones concerns, but i also know there is always more to a story.

It doesn't say anything about the military mostly backing Obama.

The major point of the story is that over the past 50+ years, 14 inaugurations, 11 presidents, only 1 has chosen not to attend a ceremony honoring this country's greatest heroes.

Is this the kind of change that Obama was referring to?

caingo ]

Quit hatin republican. Your dude lost get over it, or just change your name to Rush Sean Hanity Limbaugh.

I bet you still hate that dudes middle name is Hussein? That has to mean he is a terrorist right??

Don't come attacking me. I'm not attacking anyone. I posted a link to a story and I posted a few observations. I didn't say one negative thing about Obama.

caingo ]
SQUlD ]

Pretty much the responses I expected.

So why did you say that??

Drama Queen?

Do you have a fucking problem with me? I don't know you, I don't think I've ever talked to you before. Now you want to come attacking me? Like I said, i was looking for responses to what I think was a bad judgement call on the part of my Commander in Chief and you're turning this into a personal attack on me. What's your fucking problem?

Red0ctobeR ]

You guys don't get it do you?

The commander and chief can't take time out to visit and respect the men and women that protect this country. Who cares whether he is democrat or repub, he made a statement that was never actually said. nuff said

OMG you are so right!! Our President hates the military. Holy shit what the fuck were we thinking when we elected him?? Fuck it I am moving to France.

SQUlD ]
caingo ]
SQUlD ]

Drama Queen?

Do you have a fucking problem with me? I don't know you, I don't think I've ever talked to you before. Now you want to come attacking me? Like I said, i was looking for responses to what I think was a bad judgement call on the part of my Commander in Chief and you're turning this into a personal attack on me. What's your fucking problem?

You started this thread bro! I am sorry if I have a dissenting opinion to yours. How can you begin a discussion on something and take it seriously when someone disagrees with you. Nothing personal just an observation.

SQUlD ]
caingo ]

Quit hatin republican. Your dude lost get over it, or just change your name to Rush Sean Hanity Limbaugh.

I bet you still hate that dudes middle name is Hussein? That has to mean he is a terrorist right??

Don't come attacking me. I'm not attacking anyone. I posted a link to a story and I posted a few observations. I didn't say one negative thing about Obama.

UMMM squid I found this also rather interesting.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=60160

caingo ]
SQUlD ]

Drama Queen?

caingo ]

Those two posts by you were attacks, not dissenting opinions. If you want to post an opposing viewpoint, then do so. If you want to make a personal attack, then we can arrange that too.