SCEA makes a plea for help.

This was posted at the PS Forums by AbigaleSS a SCEA representative in a thread titled. “State of the Communityâ€

Hello, Folks-

I just wanted to take a few minutes to touch base with you all. I wanted to let you know where things stand in a few areas.

First of all, let’s talk about what I’ll call the “state of the community.â€

I know many of you are disappointed and upset with the game at this time. I know you have been patient and are tired of waiting for some things to be added/fixed. I am here every day reading your posts and I couldn’t miss the dissatisfaction if I tried. I just want you to know that you are being heard.

The rest of the team knows how you feel, too. I send reports to them highlighting your posts and threads. They are reading these on a regular basis. Unfortunately for all of us, that doesn’t make things progress any faster. The team is working on the fixes/additions, testers are testing them and everyone wishes the process was moving faster. All I can tell you is everyone is doing the best they can do at this point. I think it’s safe to say that we all wish the launch of this game had gone better. We can all sit around and point fingers as to why things happened the way they did, but that wouldn’t help anything.

So as a team, all that can be done is to try to address the problems and fix them. And all I can do is assure you that the team is trying to do that. For example, we know some of you are still experiencing lag. We know that and are actively working on finding the problem and fixing it. In fact, I may even contact some of you for particular information about that in the near future. I wish I could give you a roadmap for how and when this will be fixed. But I can’t. I can only tell you they know about it and they are working on it.

I also know the problem faced by the bigger clans is very frustrating. As I said in my post on SOCOM.com, the issue turned out to be more complicated than they first thought. Again, they are working diligently to get it fixed as soon as possible. I know that’s not soon enough for those of you who are experiencing this problem. But again, that’s the best I can tell you at this point. So where does that leave us? Am I telling you to stop complaining or to just be patient? Not at all! I understand your frustration and you have very right to express it. I am not asking that you change that. There have been many changes to this game already based on your input. So please keep posting your thoughts and opinions. And I’ll keep reading them and making sure the team sees them as well.

SCEA and Slant Six are making every effort to bring this game to the standard that you expect. I do understand that some of you have given up and are moving on. But for those of you who are sticking it out and giving your input to improve the game, I give you my thanks. I just ask that you please try to keep things constructive and follow the forum guidelines. I appreciate the job our moderators do. I hope you guys appreciate them as well.

I know you are all wanting more information and I just can’t give you any more right now. I wish I could. But it did seem like you wanted to know if you are still being heard. So I can at least assure you of that.

Ok… with all that said, I have been in community management long enough to know that when a community is this unhappy, I am going to get blasted pretty much any time I have anything to say. So I am ready to hear it now. But I just wanted to assure you that I really am doing my best to get your thoughts, ideas and concerns to the team. You are still being heard.

Most of the replies have been in an appreciative manner for her up-front post. She does seem to imply their distress for the community’s concerns.

However, as a clan mate of mine pointed out, this is rather depressing.

by [pbk] Secretchief

If you read between the lines of this post, the message is, "we've got nothing." Obviously she's been reading the forums, and with all the complaining she was ignoring it, waiting to come with some good news. Finally, she couldn't wait for the good news anymore and had to come out and say something.

The team is working on the fixes/additions, testers are testing them and everyone wishes the process was moving faster. All I can tell you is everyone is doing the best they can do at this point.

That sounds rather hopeless.

We know that and are actively working on finding the problem and fixing it. In fact, I may even contact some of you for particular information about that in the near future.

And this is the ultimate in hopeless. Working on finding? So after all this time they still aren't even sure where to look. And now it looks like they're so desperate they're going to wade out into the awful Playstation forums and say "is there a network administrator in the house?"

She is right about one thing…. There is indeed many that are disappointed and upset with the game at this time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was confused.. isnt it SCEA? i thought this was a fraud... till i actually found it on the PSN boards.. well atleast there is effort being made.. i still am content w/ the game as is.. i know there are issues.. but online games usually have some interference .. just seems like socom is plagued w/ most of those issues..

Actual link :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=799987

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

Pretty obvious they got in over their heads on this one. Should've stuck to the PSP.

Still.

For some reason I keep logging on at night and playing it.

Guess I'm either a glutton for punishment or just optimistic. :-*

..GhostDawg.. ]

Pretty obvious they got in over their heads on this one. Should've stuck to the PSP.

Still.

The funny thing is they screwed that up first.

I have always been hopeful for the past few years with socom 3 and CA. Then I though, Slant 6 should be able to do good for Confrontation. They are keeping us updated daily. Then boom, it was awful! I still played through all of the stuff. Once 1.30 came out, i played it for a few nights. Finally, i gave up. I put the disc back in the case and haven't played it about a month now.

SOCOM is DEAD.

See you all on killzone!

Yea, it is clear they released a game that wasn't nearly finished. Hell, the manual proves it. From what I've been seeing on the PS forums is that they seem to think it was SCEA pushing the games release in America and not Slant 6. Which after reading why, I believe it.

They needed a flagship game to get that friggin' headset out, so they pushed out SOCOM waaaay before it should have. Don't forget, it still has not dropped in Europe. I think it still has a February release date. Now I'm not defending Slant 6 at all, they padded their pockets and kept quiet, and now we all have to suffer.

Its just sad to see a huge corporation screw the customer to make a profit on a Sony bluetooth headset. But if they don't get their heads out of their ass, another game will be released before they get their shit together and replace SOCOM. Maybe Killzone 2, but who knows. We might have to wait for MAG to drop.

Its a big shit sandwich and we all have to take a bite.

Johnson30 ]
..GhostDawg.. ]

Still.

The funny thing is they screwed that up first.

That they did.. i was soo excited to get that when i got my psp... i bought it .. tried the demo.. and took that shit back! Decent concept.. but not for socom series..

Hey inadub, please tell me you were kidding with this PS forum post:

My clan and i are supporters of you and what you guys are doing.. We believe that you guys are infact working hard.. wish you the best of luck and if i or my fellow clan mates can help out let us know..

You really don't feel that way, do you?? I mean, its just a little :-*

CpT_NuTJoB ]

Honestly, I can not believe that This was posted..

It is a total admittance of guilt.. and will now leave the doors wide open to a Class action law suit, I mean if there was one in the works this basically nailed the doors to sony's pocket books wide open !

Why would anyone sue for a game being released unfinished? If people are really going to sue over an issue like this.. we really need to evaluate our values again.. unless i missed something somewhere. I of course wouldnt mind some free money.. but damn...

inadub ]
CpT_NuTJoB ]

Honestly, I can not believe that This was posted..

It is a total admittance of guilt.. and will now leave the doors wide open to a Class action law suit, I mean if there was one in the works this basically nailed the doors to sony's pocket books wide open !

Why would anyone sue for a game being released unfinished? If people are really going to sue over an issue like this.. we really need to evaluate our values again.. unless i missed something somewhere. I of course wouldnt mind some free money.. but damn...

because we paid 50 bucks for it; you didnt see cod4 come out half finished? they don't give you a car without an engine and tell you, come back later we will have one for you.

I could care less bout this bitchy bitch fest that keeps going on. I love the game and feel it shits on CoD, if you don't like it stop bitching and crying yourself to sleep about it and play something else.

How about if this thread bothers you, you can stay out of it. ;)

IRISH BULL ]

Its just sad to see a huge corporation screw the customer to make a profit on a Sony bluetooth headset. But if they don't get their heads out of their ass, another game will be released before they get their shit together and replace SOCOM. Maybe Killzone 2, but who knows. We might have to wait for MAG to drop.

I'm sure there will be MANY games to come out before they get Socom to where it should have been over a year ago..

Is MAG really going to be a good substitute for Socom..?

Killzone, & Rouge Warrior i can see, but not so sure about MAG. (MAG may be the best game ever, but i dont see it replacing that Socom feel)

CDBS14 ]
inadub ]

because we paid 50 bucks for it; you didnt see cod4 come out half finished? they don't give you a car without an engine and tell you' date=' come back later we will have one for you.

[/quote']

So you will be suing then? Just curious on how much your lawyer bills will be for a $50 claim... ;)

I could care less bout this bitchy bitch fest that keeps going on. I love the game and feel it shits on CoD, if you don't like it stop bitching and crying yourself to sleep about it and play something else.

They need to be bashed on regular basis on every SOCOM forum. Its corporate greed run a muck. If you don't stand up and complain, they will continue to shove it up your ass.

As Stanley Spadowski once said, "These floors are dirty as hell, and I ain't gonna take it anymore!!"

inadub ]
CDBS14 ]
inadub ]

because we paid 50 bucks for it; you didnt see cod4 come out half finished? they don't give you a car without an engine and tell you' date=' come back later we will have one for you.

[/quote']

So you will be suing then? Just curious on how much your lawyer bills will be for a $50 claim... ;)

not suing, but at least making a claim to the BBB or the federal trade commission; if enough people complain sony will have to step in or face having to pull the product from the market and that would not look nice. Like i said before if you played RBSV2 on release the game was impossible to play, just the forum members about 150 people and friends made the same complain to the BBB and FTC, our complain was on false advertisement and a defective product, what a coincidence the next day the servers were working

I didn't mean to imply anyone was suing.. What I said with this statement that was released is... If there was an impending class action suit against SONY for this game that this statement would likely seal the deal. You should never admit guilt NEVER.

And if there were a classaction suit you would not need a lawyer, all you would have to do is make a claim on the original file, Most times it is with a barcode and if found guilty Sony would only have to cover the cost of the game to each person who filed a claim.

I wonder if this was put through the SCEA legal department

All I keep hearing about is Killzone 2. Why??? I cant figure it out. ..

I mean KZ 1 was fun and everything, but it wasnt great. And af far as 2 goes with the BETA.. it looks cool and all. But to me it just dont have the spark. I don't think I could play 2wice in a week. Socom I can play 7 nights in a week. No other game does that for.. NONE.. and I dont foresee Killzone 2 doing it either. It's FAKE.. they aren't human. Its not war.

at3dave ]

I mean KZ 1 was fun and everything, but it wasnt great. And af far as 2 goes with the BETA.. it looks cool and all. But to me it just dont have the spark. I don't think I could play 2wice in a week. Socom I can play 7 nights in a week. No other game does that for.. NONE.. and I dont foresee Killzone 2 doing it either. It's FAKE.. they aren't human. Its not war.

dude you take video games like they were war simulators, like i said if you want a true simulator buy ARMA or wait for ARMA2 if you want to take 15-30 minutes to go from one side of the map to the other and play 120VS120 and have only one spawn play PC combat simulators, consoles like the PC people like to say the NOOB STICK is for other stuff. Killzone2 is much different than killzone, whole new game engine, game has been in development for over 4 years.

Socom is not war you don't stand next to a wall and magically see the other side, the war in socom is not a real war. Stop seeing games as a real battlefield, we are not role playing, games are meant to be for fun, not for realism (to an extent some realism).

What kind of game is fun where you die from one bullet, imagine the camp fest. One live each game, imagine the camp fest.

And how can you not figure out why KZ2 is being talked about idk? most anticipated game for PS3 right now. some are saying FPS of the year, GOTY, best shooter ever. And yes the chracters in KZ are human the ISA are from earth and the Helghan are humans that mutated when they moved to a new planet. I will defend killzone just like you guys defend that broken game socom, because i know that killzone2 is not broken and that guerrilla actually listens to the community, KZ2 is the game to have from clan support to rank up system, it has it all.

CDBS14 ]
at3dave ]

I mean KZ 1 was fun and everything' date=' but it wasnt great. And af far as 2 goes with the BETA.. it looks cool and all. But to me it just dont have the spark. I don't think I could play 2wice in a week. Socom I can play 7 nights in a week. No other game does that for.. NONE.. and I dont foresee Killzone 2 doing it either. It's FAKE.. they aren't human. Its not war.

[/quote']

dude you take video games like they were war simulators, like i said if you want a true simulator buy ARMA or wait for ARMA2 if you want to take 15-30 minutes to go from one side of the map to the other and play 120VS120 and have only one spawn play PC combat simulators, consoles like the PC people like to say the NOOB STICK is for other stuff. Killzone2 is much different than killzone, whole new game engine, game has been in development for over 4 years.

Socom is not war you don't stand next to a wall and magically see the other side, the war in socom is not a real war. Stop seeing games as a real battlefield, we are not role playing, games are meant to be for fun, not for realism (to an extent some realism).

What kind of game is fun where you die from one bullet, imagine the camp fest. One live each game, imagine the camp fest.

And how can you not figure out why KZ2 is being talked about idk? most anticipated game for PS3 right now. some are saying FPS of the year, GOTY, best shooter ever. And yes the chracters in KZ are human the ISA are from earth and the Helghan are humans that mutated when they moved to a new planet. I will defend killzone just like you guys defend that broken game socom, because i know that killzone2 is not broken and that guerrilla actually listens to the community, KZ2 is the game to have from clan support to rank up system, it has it all.

Right you are CDBS. And Killzone 2's since of WARFARE is far more epic than any other game i've seen

CDBS14 ]
at3dave ]

I mean KZ 1 was fun and everything' date=' but it wasnt great. And af far as 2 goes with the BETA.. it looks cool and all. But to me it just dont have the spark. I don't think I could play 2wice in a week. Socom I can play 7 nights in a week. No other game does that for.. NONE.. and I dont foresee Killzone 2 doing it either. It's FAKE.. they aren't human. Its not war.

[/quote']

You dont know that yet.. ;) ;D