SCEA makes a plea for help.

inadub ]

Why would anyone sue for a game being released unfinished? If people are really going to sue over an issue like this.. we really need to evaluate our values again.. unless i missed something somewhere. I of course wouldnt mind some free money.. but damn...

We missed that boat about 10 years ago. :(

CpT_NuTJoB ]

You should never admit guilt NEVER.

Those are the fucked up ideals that have gotten us where we are today. Most people today believe this and practice it daily.

If you screw someone over, you should fess up and deal with the consequences. If more people lived by this, we'd be alot better off. If I flipped out and killed someone, I damn sure wouldn't try to cover it up and hide it and fight it in court for years on end.

That's why this post by Abigale is really cool for me. They said they messed up and apologized. That makes waiting longer completely bearable. It's not like the Zipper clowns telling us excuse after excuse, or nothing at all for 2 years waiting for DLC, when we all knew that they screwed up big time.

Of course you are probably right, and some idiots are going to "prove them a lesson" by abusing our legal system some more.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]

because we paid 50 bucks for it; you didnt see cod4 come out half finished? they don't give you a car without an engine and tell you' date=' come back later we will have one for you.

[/quote']

Man, just stop. It not even in the same ballpark. The game is playable. It works. Just not as exactly promised.

BigMoneyNacku ]

That's why this post by Abigale is really cool for me. They said they messed up and apologized. That makes waiting longer completely bearable. It's not like the Zipper clowns telling us excuse after excuse, or nothing at all for 2 years waiting for DLC, when we all knew that they screwed up big time.

x2. after reading her post i thought to myself, wow, this is 10x more than zipper ever did. ill stfu and deal with it for a while.

RNG187 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

x2. after reading her post i thought to myself, wow, this is 10x more than zipper ever did. ill stfu and deal with it for a while.

This is why they made the post.. lol (suckers :P)

Chili-Palmer ]
RNG187 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

This is why they made the post.. lol (suckers :P)

yeah, i know im a sucker for doing exactly what they wanted but to me it showed that they KNOW they fucked up, and they're actually LISTENING to people complaining. the most i think they'll do about it, is have it fixed, and apologize.

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]

because we paid 50 bucks for it; you didnt see cod4 come out half finished? they don't give you a car without an engine and tell you' date=' come back later we will have one for you.

[/quote']

Man, just stop. It not even in the same ballpark. The game is playable. It works. Just not as exactly promised.

I think the term "playable" is relative. Its not playable compared almost every other online game I have played on the PSN. I hate to say that but I feel its true.

I am sorry this is what I see in that post.

Blah Blah Blah we don't know Blah Blah Blah

Honetly this post gives me a BAD perception that they may not be able to fix the issues! They don't know what is causing "some" latency issues? SOME!? When the community has posted SEVERAL times that during peak hours it gets worse? hmmm..... what could cause that? Client side?

Come on this is BASIC troubleshooting!! If you are THAT lost then you need to get a test group and eliminate variables on the server side. Network (bandwidth, bad switch), firewall (ports), NAT (not the same NAT that you are thinking - it is a true Network Address Translation within the firewall), routing, mics and a number of other things one at a time! Hog the network while the group is playing, do you see a difference? Put more load on the server while the group is playing, do you see a difference? If it has to be REAL TIME then so be it but for fucks sake do SOMETHING!!!

Guest REBORNevilloki

From being a HARDCORE SOCOM fan I truly feel the game is playable and more fun than the older titles(other than not having enough maps and Weapons missing). The older SOCOM was full of cheaters that were invisible under floors in walls and ohter crap that is not seen here and it kicks COD in the a55.(except there claymores which I personally love). ;D SOCOM better get ready for a grave if everything looks and works as advertised for OPERATIONFLASHPOINT2:Dragon Rising.

inadub ]
CDBS14 ]
inadub ]

Why would anyone sue for a game being released unfinished? If people are really going to sue over an issue like this.. we really need to evaluate our values again.. unless i missed something somewhere. I of course wouldnt mind some free money.. but damn...

[/quote']

So you will be suing then? Just curious on how much your lawyer bills will be for a $50 claim... ;)

It's not about money inadub, it's about the principle of the matter.

(And Chili, from his replies here, yeah, he posted that and meant it. :o)

Im not arguing w/ anyone here.. but what is wrong w/ the game that makes this such an issue still? Its laggy at times i know that.. but i have yet to play a game that didnt encounter lag spikes at times... what else is there that is worth considering a law suit based on principal? I only ask this cuz my guys play this game day in and day out.. and i agree w/ previous statements.. although its missing some weapons.. and there should be more maps.. but we find that no cheating and the competition the game brings is far more favorable then previous releases.. not to mention the developers are in contact w/ us.. we dont get overnight results.. but we are seeing results.. right ? Again i write this asking not telling.. i just dont get why everyone is still not content.

What results have we gotten?

We are still missing several features that are listed as in the product. I know dead horse.

Since 1.30

Swimming in quicksand

Clan issues in terms of cannot see, leave, join or disband.

My screen showing me as a level 1 but everyone else seeing me as a level 4. They HAVE to do something about upgrading their server side!

I couldn't believe it but I do believe the VIP/Hostages are now dumber. Maybe modeled after /6 employees?

Frame rate drop / lag when someone leaves or joins - STILL there even though brought up in BETA.

Nades are just WAY to inconsistent!! Kill you from 40' but not when they hit you in the head!

Lag, another dead horse, but since 1.30 is considerably worse!

How many times have the servers crashed since 1.30? I know of at least 3. This should NOT happen after 3 patches!

Throwing nades around objects or over objects is a joke, it will hit air and drop right at your feet. Or better yet have a full throw to have it go 2 feet in front of you like it slipped off your fingers. Try throwing a nade while laying down, no where NEAR where you think you are going to throw it!

I could go on but I am sorry this game is not where it should be. This is an online only game with 7 maps. You are telling me that with that limited amount it is acceptable to have this many issues? The worst part about it is that at most I have seen 12k online at once and at that point the servers are stressed. W@W with 90k+ runs a lot smoother.

I also cannot believe they had a small budget for this game. To me that is just some BAD decision making. Socom had a community that could make or break the PS3, let alone Socom, and they gave it a PS2 budget?

You have to be fucking kidding me! Think about how many PS2s Socom 1 and 2 sold! I would have never gotten another PS2 if mine crashed and I wouldn't have played Socom like I did.

SHANE23 ]

I could go on but I am sorry this game is not where it should be. This is an online only game with 7 maps. You are telling me that with that limited amount it is acceptable to have this many issues? The worst part about it is that at most I have seen 12k online at once and at that point the servers are stressed. W@W with 90k+ runs a lot smoother.

:)

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well personally i have no problems w/ my clan other then i cannot promote members.. i can see all of my members, i can invite, i can create a party etc.. i can throw grenades and they do usually go right where i throw them. I have rank and all others see it the same as i do.. i have seen a server crash since the patch.. but wasnt that during the Downloading time of the patch when it happened? Have no clue what you mean by swimming in quicksand... and i do see frame rate drop when a player enters or leaves.. but i have no problems w/ that.. hostages have always been dumb so all though it can be improved i dont expect it.. so i guess this might be why i dont have problems w/ it.. are you on a router?? could that potentially add to these already existing problems?? just a thought..

As for the budget.. i have no clue and dont care other then the fact that i would like to see some DLC.. and if budget is slim.. then there will be little time or money for new stuff when everyone is trying to get changes as is..

No matter what there will always be complaints.. people are all upset about no calendar and no ladder system.. me personally i have a calendar.. and i have UF for tourneys.. so neither of those matter to me either.. i got my D-Pad lean and dive to prone.. really i think this game is pretty awesome.. and if these other things get added or fixed.. then damn you got your self an amazing game.. not just a online shooter.

inadub ]

Well personally i have no problems w/ my clan other then i cannot promote members.. i can see all of my members, i can invite, i can create a party etc.. i can throw grenades and they do usually go right where i throw them. I have rank and all others see it the same as i do.. i have seen a server crash since the patch.. but wasnt that during the Downloading time of the patch when it happened? Have no clue what you mean by swimming in quicksand... and i do see frame rate drop when a player enters or leaves.. but i have no problems w/ that.. hostages have always been dumb so all though it can be improved i dont expect it.. so i guess this might be why i dont have problems w/ it.. are you on a router?? could that potentially add to these already existing problems?? just a thought..

As for the budget.. i have no clue and dont care other then the fact that i would like to see some DLC.. and if budget is slim.. then there will be little time or money for new stuff when everyone is trying to get changes as is..

No matter what there will always be complaints.. people are all upset about no calendar and no ladder system.. me personally i have a calendar.. and i have UF for tourneys.. so neither of those matter to me either.. i got my D-Pad lean and dive to prone.. really i think this game is pretty awesome.. and if these other things get added or fixed.. then damn you got your self an amazing game.. not just a online shooter.

Well I am glad for you. But if you have time go over to the PS forums and take a look at the HIGH volume of posts from people that have these issues. Even Socom.com has SEVERAL hundred comments about issues and /6 has even admitted they found the issue with the clans but have not been able to fix it.

Goat ]

I just heard Abigale is going to offer her Virginity for sale online....

she has a reserve price of $50. Its also a multiple item sale. highest bidder goes first.

LOL

Problem is there may be several things broke! You are paying for this...

275103_main.jpg

But you will get this...

FatFaeries.jpg

You have to provide your own lube, you might catch something and things may disapear.

Dub, the quicksand thing. I haven't noticed it as much since a week after the patch, but for awhile there, everytime you jumped in the water, it was like you were swimming in mud. Your character was super slow, couldn't go underwater. It was a pain those few days it was happeneing to me.

I could have gone the whole fricking day without that second picture. Shane.. WTF? dude I haven't even had lunch yet.. and I'm no longer hungry... in fact I think I'm going to be sick. Seq said he wants to scalp your sorry ass... I'm volunteering to hold you down while he does.

;)

Goat ]

I could have gone the whole fricking day without that second picture. Shane.. WTF? dude I haven't even had lunch yet.. and I'm no longer hungry... in fact I think I'm going to be sick. Seq said he wants to scalp your sorry ass... I'm volunteering to hold you down while he does.

;)

LMFAO!! Sometimes you just have to be more of a smart ass and this was one of those times!! LOL ;D

BTW I was going to post a picture of Rosanne Barr but this was the 1st to pop up on google search.

So I'm killing time waiting for a client to bring in some Blueprints for me to bid. I was perusing on the crybaby forums and saw the "MASTER WISH LIST" thread. It is a riot. This is the shit taht keeps /sux from fixing our game.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=768508

My favorite line in that whole worthless post

"- Non symmetrical maps/different themes not all desert

Maps now are TOO EVEN."

:D :D :D :D

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

OK, maybe not an engine missing. But definitely like getting a car with the doors gone and they tell you they are coming.

What if Slant 6 would have posted is this,

Due to a high demand for the release of this game, we will release the game in its current state, not completely finished. The game will be playable, but there will be some issues with a lot of the promised game play. We will try to complete SOCOM with patches as they become available.

Thank you for your patience

If they posted this on SOCOM.com, everyone would have told them to wait until its done. Or people would have definitely waited for the reviews before plunking down 60 bones.