OPERATION FLASHPOINT2:Dragon Rising

Guest REBORNevilloki

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

If I'm not mistaken, they're using the graphics engine (EGO) from Colin MacRae(sp?) and Dirt for this?

Also, it'll should be as real as it can get:

Quote from Gamespot:

As we'd hoped, Operation Flashpoint 2 is as scarily realistic as its predecessor. The damage system is incredibly realistic and modelled on each individual bullet, so even if you're only shot in the arm, it will be enough to send you into shock unless you haul yourself to a medic. With such a high level of realism, we were concerned about the difficulty and how the developers would make the game accessible, especially to a console audience. The key, they say, is in the squadmate AI, which will mostly take care of itself even if you march your squad into danger. On the PC the command system will be keyboard-based, but on consoles there will be a radial system. This means you'll be able to make quick commands by holding one of the shoulder buttons and using an analogue stick to direct your squad.

Oh. It look likes there's some competition for MAG too:

When the game launches in 2009 for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, it's possible that you'll enter a 32-player match with 256 combatants (between real players and their NPC minions).

Guest CplKoontz
CDBS14 ]

game has gone under the radar' date=' no new trailers or interviews after E3, no news on release or demo, or final build. Nothing, a complete media blackout after E3, there isn't even a gameplay video. Game was probably delayed or even canceled nothing is known at this point.

[/quote']

there actually are some gameplay videos on youtube I believe... and I also think that are in private beta right now from what I heard from someone over at the OF2 forums.

KOONTZ--X ]
CDBS14 ]

game has gone under the radar' date=' no new trailers or interviews after E3, no news on release or demo, or final build. Nothing, a complete media blackout after E3, there isn't even a gameplay video. Game was probably delayed or even canceled nothing is known at this point.

[/quote']

there actually are some gameplay videos on youtube I believe... and I also think that are in private beta right now from what I heard from someone over at the OF2 forums.

but yea pretty much media blackout, nothing. i bet that beta footage is from the people in the close beta. Right now the big beta going around is the dawn of war II beta.

Guest CplKoontz
CDBS14 ]
KOONTZ--X ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

true true...... dawn of war 2 man, been awhile since I heard someone bring that up lol

but yea pretty much media blackout, nothing. i bet that beta footage is from the people in the close beta. Right now the big beta going around is the dawn of war II beta.