Tac Map Rule "NO SUICIDE"

BigMoneyNacku ]
KingJunK ]
Johnson30 ]
Playerdown ]

It does go by rounds but....

12 round match team A and B

Team A is up 1 round to 0 after 11 rounds. 10 draws.

last round team A and B each have 5 kills with one man left each.

Team A guy kills self sealing a draw and a win.

Just sayin..

Killing himself would give Team B a Win, and would end in a 1-1 Tie. In any map style in SOCOM if a team has no players left they lose.

That is ture, but in demo if the guy kills himself and don't let the other team plant his team wins the game.

ON Socom it might say you win, but the round totals would still be a draw for UF wars.

That's what I am saying! Thanks for cleaning that up for me!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KingJunK ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
KingJunK ]
Johnson30 ]
Playerdown ]

It does go by rounds but....

12 round match team A and B

Team A is up 1 round to 0 after 11 rounds. 10 draws.

last round team A and B each have 5 kills with one man left each.

Team A guy kills self sealing a draw and a win.

Just sayin..

Killing himself would give Team B a Win, and would end in a 1-1 Tie. In any map style in SOCOM if a team has no players left they lose.

That is ture, but in demo if the guy kills himself and don't let the other team plant his team wins the game.

ON Socom it might say you win, but the round totals would still be a draw for UF wars.

That's what I am saying! Thanks for cleaning that up for me!!

THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE ASKING :P::)

Win with honor, lose with dignity.

Something like committing suicide is something that SHOULDN'T have to be worried about in a community like this. Most of us have been around the block a few times and know by now what's right, what's wrong, what's honorable and what's disgraceful. Any veteran clan in UF that has had the experience of a few tournaments would already know beforehand not to do something like that to ensure victory.

I have ZERO issue with committing suicide, it's a tactic and one that works. Just like when one guy remains and a team knows where he/she is but won't kill him until the bomb is planted. As a few have already pointed out it's about rounds won.

EDIT: People are always trying to find something to complain about and this isn't directed at the original poster but just Socom players in general. Plants and defuses are worth more points and if it's 1 guy against 6 almost always that one guy is either going to get killed by the other team or commit suicide. If one guy remains and he's rushing the plant site you want your bomb carry to plant before killing the guy no? Why is that any different than throwing yourself off a cliff to prevent a plant? I pride myself on mature play, dignity and honor and once again have ZERO issue with offing yourself if you're the last one standing.

Guest CplKoontz
Rorbotron ]

I have ZERO issue with committing suicide, it's a tactic and one that works. Just like when one guy remains and a team knows where he/she is but won't kill him until the bomb is planted. As a few have already pointed out it's about rounds won.

well yeah man cause its a demo not a suppression or elimination, the goal is to plant, so why kill the last guy when you can plant then kill him?

KOONTZ--X ]
Rorbotron ]

well yeah man cause its a demo not a suppression or elimination, the goal is to plant, so why kill the last guy when you can plant then kill him?

So why is it any different than jumping off a cliff? Let's say my attempt at suicide is to rush in to the plant site and go for the defuse. 1 on 6 is suicide it just doesn't say it on the screen. As far as I'm concerned this is a non-issue and not something UF should enfore. If we all start nitpicking anything and everything it becomes nothing more than a glorified b.itch fest.

EDIT: However and this should go without saying BUT if UF rules that it's not kosher I certainly won't complain and I doubt anyone else will.

It's unsportsmanlike and its tactical. You get the win by committing suicide? That's not tactical, that's cheap.

As I said previously I would have zero issue with UF implementing a rule. You also don't get the win you just prevent the plant. If you're the last guy and you jump off the second story of the hotel in Urban Wasteland you die and the other team gets the round. It's also completely different in UF and I sincerely doubt anyone would do it anyway. The problem is playing games outside of UF when everyone is doing it and you're losing because of it. If you need to kill yourself to prevent a plant your in a bad spot anyway and not doing a good enough job of preventing plants. Either way it's a non-issue in my book and not something that would transpire in UF to being with....this is public room stuff plain and simple.

Guest CplKoontz

IMO there is a differance if you run into 3-4 guys as they plant trying ot stop them, but I know I wouldnt. why because I can nade it and hopefully get them all and then defuse.

what I am against is clan "A" goes to plant, they hear a grenade go off on the other side of the map, and it comes up [aaa]abuttmuch commited suicide we have failed to plant the bomb(thats cheap)

KOONTZ--X ]

IMO there is a differance if you run into 3-4 guys as they plant trying ot stop them, but I know I wouldnt. why because I can nade it and hopefully get them all and then defuse.

what I am against is clan "A" goes to plant, they hear a grenade go off on the other side of the map, and it comes up [aaa]abuttmuch commited suicide we have failed to plant the bomb(thats cheap)

Once again it's a public room tactic and not something that would transpire in UF anyway. Non-issue. I'm moving on before I get in trouble for stirring the pot. *Hugs and kisses* for everyone. :-*

KOONTZ--X ]

Would you be against it if the exact situation came up, but there was no grenade, but the same thing popped up and said committed suicide from falling..?

I fall off things all the time in games.

Matty2D ]

If you guys are counting on team switch to be here by March you are sadly mistaken.

Slant Six has plenty of other things to worry about then adding team switch like lag issues, and giving us new downloadable content like new maps and new guns.

I miss the no team switch, but it looks like this is what it's going to be for a while.

I don't care about Downloadable content. I want what is promised to us when the game was released and gameplay that is above low standard.

Red0ctobeR ]
Matty2D ]

If you guys are counting on team switch to be here by March you are sadly mistaken.

Slant Six has plenty of other things to worry about then adding team switch like lag issues, and giving us new downloadable content like new maps and new guns.

I miss the no team switch, but it looks like this is what it's going to be for a while.

I don't care about Downloadable content. I want what is promised to us when the game was released and gameplay that is above low standard.

Red is correct again!

Lexaeus ]

i get more pissed when people in here get the bomb and then swim under the outside part of Quarantine in a "no boom" tourney making it damn near impossible to kill him

That is an honest tactic though. The water is there, it's part of the map, it's not a glitch, thus it's part of the game play. That's different then killing yourself to win a war.

Lockdown ]
Lexaeus ]

i get more pissed when people in here get the bomb and then swim under the outside part of Quarantine in a "no boom" tourney making it damn near impossible to kill him

That is an honest tactic though. The water is there' date=' it's part of the map, it's not a glitch, thus it's part of the game play. That's different then killing yourself to win a war.

[/quote']how is it different?

they both are tactics to win some just have a different

OPINION on if it is cheap or not...

i dont see how you can justify someone killing themselves so they dont lose or someone getting mad becuase the guys killed himself so now you dont get the win....

it is a double standard

matter of opinion on all these non glitching - problems ..

it is what it is....i just worry about what my team does

like i said before what are you to do when they have a mandatory camper on elimination thus just about garunteeing a draw atleast..

good thing the creators already thought about this and made it rounds based scoring

Lockdown ]
Lexaeus ]

That is an honest tactic though. The water is there' date=' it's part of the map, it's not a glitch, thus it's part of the game play. That's different then killing yourself to win a war.

[/quote']

it's a GB tactic.

Lockdown ]
Lexaeus ]

[/quote']

lol what? How is camping the satchel in the water any different? I can't get in the water and knife you and even with Grenades it's still difficult to get the kill. Camping in the water or jumping off a cliff are no different, I actually think camping the sachel in the water is worse.

it is what it is....i just worry about what my team does

Exactly. You can't control what every other team does. You worry about yours and have faith that the Staff will make a good decision if it comes to that. They do a good job with that. If you are that paranoid, or honestly think it's that big of an issue, then tape all your wars.

If you are worried that using something in a war is going to cause an issue, it probably isn't as such a great tactic to use.