Rumor: New Downloadable Content for SOCOM: Confrontation

An inside source (and very credible one) has filled us in with some great news for SOCOM: Confrontation players. There’s suppose to be new downloadable content coming out for Confrontation which includes five new maps, three of which are new to Confrontation and two that are totally new to the SOCOM series. And that’s not all. The new DLC is also said to contain new weapons, new attachments and a new faction: Russians. Still think that’s not enough new content? Well, the new DLC is also said to add turrets to maps, new character models and two new game modes that are only going to be for the new maps.

As a huge SOCOM fan since the series installment on the PS2, I’m really hoping this rumor of new DLC is true and, hopefully, comes out soon. Remember, there’s no word of if or when this new content will come out. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what developer Slant Six will do.

http://www.ripten.com/2009/02/02/rumor-new-downloadable-content-for-socom-confrontation/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak for Undertow here when I say, GREAT, but does it allow us to turn side switching off? ::)

They can give us all the bells and whistles they want. Slant Six can't make video games, at least not SOCOM. If they could just make the game run smooth and the bullets go where you're aiming, then I'll be impressed. When your scope is perfectly lined up and the bullet hits 2 feet to the right of where I'm aiming, that's stupid. Fix that, then I'll be impressed.

I for one really hope this "rumor" is false.

What does it say about your company when you're spending time developing new items to release for a game you havent completed yet? 100% of their time should be dedicated to finishing Confrontation.

Surely Slant Six is smart enough to complete Confrontation, and its large number of issues, before moving on to DLC.

Nemesis ]

An inside source (and very credible one) has filled us in with some great news for SOCOM: Confrontation players. There’s suppose to be new downloadable content coming out for Confrontation which includes five new maps, three of which are new to Confrontation and two that are totally new to the SOCOM series. And that’s not all. The new DLC is also said to contain new weapons, new attachments and a new faction: Russians. Still think that’s not enough new content? Well, the new DLC is also said to add turrets to maps, new character models and two new game modes that are only going to be for the new maps.

As a huge SOCOM fan since the series installment on the PS2, I’m really hoping this rumor of new DLC is true and, hopefully, comes out soon. Remember, there’s no word of if or when this new content will come out. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what developer Slant Six will do.

http://www.ripten.com/2009/02/02/rumor-new-downloadable-content-for-socom-confrontation/

They better make this DLC free because I will lose my mind if they make us pay for some new content when the original game didnt come with everything it was supposed to. Im a little upset just thinking about that.

So now they have made two more original maps. What does that bring the total to? 5 original maps and 8 borrowed touched up maps ::)?

Turrets? Are they serious? What a way to bring this game further into the abyss....

How about we just concentrate on developing a way to keep the freakin game from just about freezing every time a new person joins the room!!!!!

At least this community seems to have their priorities straight! Over on the PS forums everyone is yippeee we get new maps.

First off, not even thinking about the CURRENT issues, why would you offer a new faction as DLC? You currently have to disban your clan to change factions and start all over. Isn't that counter productive?

Let's not even think about the fact that we have already paid for a product that still does not have all the features as published but they want us to give them more money? Are we THAT stupid? I cannot honestly believe that they are going to "give" us anything, do you?

I severely doubt that we will see this any time soon or before a significant patch. I would find it simply retarded to release DLC when the game itself still has major flaws that are unaddressed, not to mention the flaws that are a bi product of every one of their patches. Screw the DLC give us page 17 and fix the flaws. I personally would be SHOCKED if we get DLC in the next 6 months. Absolutely shocked. I'll eat my words if they release DLC and a patch fixing all the major things wrong with this game. As someone who has had his heart broken far too many times by the franchise in the post Socom 2 era, I don't give them any credibility anymore until I see it. This game is so unlike S1 and S2 it's a joke.

I see this happening, first they will come out with the major patch to fix the outstanding issues. Now with a couple months of so called testing for this to make sure everything goes nice and smooth we will have 5 times the problems we have now after its release. Then it will take them about a month or so to fix what the patch messed up. Then I am sure that there will be some small 50 or so things that they forgot to include in said big patch so they will have to patch the patch and then patch that patch to fix its screw ups. Then just before Christmas time when oh say COD Modern Warefare 2 comes out they will release the map pac with all the other crap in it for $12.99 jus to try and keep things fresh. This is just my opinion. I also love playing Socom so no bashing on socom just bashing Sony and /6

Shadowboxin- ]

five new maps, three of which are new to Confrontation and two that are totally new to the SOCOM series

5 original maps and 8 borrowed touched up maps ::)?

lol, thats the first thing I saw when I read the post..... hahahahahaha Thats classic.

First. We KNOW they didn't complete all that stuff since release. We know this. So going by that, wouldn't it all have been mostly done at the same time? So if these maps and features were developed with the rest of the game, wouldn't there have been a version with all this stuff? I don't know alot of the workings of game development, s oI don't know. If that is possible, couldn't a few the problems have come when they started removing these features before release and didn't get all the code deleted?

:o :o

The rumor now is Mid February release. So according to past precedent we can expect the DLC sometime around June 2010.

I heard a great way to describe and express disgust with them releasing DLC before fixing the game:

"You have to fix the foundation, can't build on a house of cards."

Cynical2U ]

can anyone please humor me and tell me what is not finished about socom? the only thing I can think of is the clan ladder system but who needs that when we have UF?

Not sure if your commenting on my post or not but by not finished I was talking about features that are listed in the game manual and strategy guide.

For one, the ability to turn off side switching in private matches. I know theres more, but I'm not one who hates on this franchise or this game in particular, I love Socom and always will no matter how bad they butcher it. But yes fix the existing issues, fix things that were supposed to included at launch and fix the damn lag and frame drops.

If Tow see's this he might add more :P

I feel you Cynical, its gets tiring listening to all the complaining about this game. Some of it is warranted, hell most of it may be warranted . Others just don't care for it at all and will use any opportunity to tell you about how much it sucks lol. Me I'm a faithful supporter through and through, now that may seem stupid to some but I fell in love with this game years ago and it's not going to stop because of issues with developers or lag or anything else that Socom has always been plagued by.

SnowBud ]
Cynical2U ]

can anyone please humor me and tell me what is not finished about socom? the only thing I can think of is the clan ladder system but who needs that when we have UF?

Not sure if your commenting on my post or not but by not finished I was talking about features that are listed in the game manual and strategy guide.

For one, the ability to turn off side switching in private matches. I know theres more, but I'm not one who hates on this franchise or this game in particular, I love Socom and always will no matter how bad they butcher it. But yes fix the existing issues, fix things that were supposed to included at launch and fix the damn lag and frame drops.

Is that my cue....!?

In all honesty i can see that it is a playable game, especially to those who just dont want to look elsewhere for "other" games. But if you take a more open mind approach to it all, there are lots of other options, & if you give them a chance they are very good options.. but only if you give them a chance. And if you do give something else a chance & give it time to get used to the controls, the maps, etc.. when you go back to Socom, you will see a bigger difference.

Its not that Socom is the worst game out there, but it is just the biggest let down. And even more frustrating is you can see the potential it has.. which is truely a great game, but it is just that.. Potential, NOT actual solid game.

That is all.. im going back to my voice chat/mail, working invite, flawless mic, (non blu-ray) super system. ;D