Rumor: New Downloadable Content for SOCOM: Confrontation

Chili-Palmer ]
SnowBud ]
Cynical2U ]

can anyone please humor me and tell me what is not finished about socom? the only thing I can think of is the clan ladder system but who needs that when we have UF?

Not sure if your commenting on my post or not but by not finished I was talking about features that are listed in the game manual and strategy guide.

For one, the ability to turn off side switching in private matches. I know theres more, but I'm not one who hates on this franchise or this game in particular, I love Socom and always will no matter how bad they butcher it. But yes fix the existing issues, fix things that were supposed to included at launch and fix the damn lag and frame drops.

Is that my cue....!?

In all honesty i can see that it is a playable game, especially to those who just dont want to look elsewhere for "other" games. But if you take a more open mind approach to it all, there are lots of other options, & if you give them a chance they are very good options.. but only if you give them a chance. And if you do give something else a chance & give it time to get used to the controls, the maps, etc.. when you go back to Socom, you will see a bigger difference.

Its not that Socom is the worst game out there, but it is just the biggest let down. And even more frustrating is you can see the potential it has.. which is truely a great game, but it is just that.. Potential, NOT actual solid game.

That is all.. im going back to my voice chat/mail, working invite, flawless mic, (non blu-ray) super system. ;D

that is fine I will go without those options with the XBOX and have a system with a failure rate that isn't close to being as high as microsoft. I can send a text, if I want to talk with someone on my friends list I will just use the PSN chat thing. really who needs to send a voice message anyways, typing works just fine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynical2U ]

that is fine I will go without those options with the XBOX and have a system with a failure rate that isn't close to being as high as microsoft. I can send a text, if I want to talk with someone on my friends list I will just use the PSN chat thing. really who needs to send a voice message anyways, typing works just fine.

And reading someones bubble. lol

Sounds real nexgen-ish. ::)

FYI, none of my xbox's have ever failed. ive been playing on them for over 3 years now.

I know the fail rate is a higher percentage, which is all that really matters, but when you compare how many more 360's are out there, to how many PS3's there are... its no wonder you hear about them more often. lol

but i was very kind in my post about Socom, so lets not turn this into a Sony vs M$ thread. :-*

RNG187 ]

if i have to pay more than .99 for any of this crap, i'm going to have a pissy fit.

I'd pay money to see that LOL.

----------

Any way, Cynical things that are wrong with this game:

Locks your screen any time a new person joins the room

Mics lock up all the fucking time

Quick 1 is completely random, works 50% of the time if that

LAG LAG LAG

Can't shoot someone in the water

Invisible walls all over random parts of maps

I could go on, but you get the point. I love the series and enjoy the game, it's just not 100% finished yet. They admit it themselves on the Blog and PSU forums.

How do we know the new content won't include the fixes proposed here? We don't and currently it's nothing more than a Rumor, reputable source or not. I found this information early this morning and posted it on my clans message board and forgot to post it here. I was excited then and I'm still kinda pumped now, it is what it is and I'll still take new maps and some other content over nothing. We all want to sit back and bitch and moan about confrontation but each and every night a good number of us are getting on our PS3's and firing it up. We continue to go back because most of us are still enjoying the game even with the flaws.

continued from Backlash.....

Being able to capture control points/plant bombs from 50 feet away

A severe lag when trying to send simple game invites to friends

A severe lag while the clan roster list is loading the status of its members

The system freezing on occasion while trying to reply to a PSN message

The fact that you have to reconfigure your loadout every round if you want grenades as your secondary

3 original maps which is a joke

new DLC content only bringing 2 more original maps while 3 others are USED!!!!

And the biggest has got to be....THE SAME EXACT COMPUTER ROOM GLITCH FROM SOCOM 2!!!! How can you not fix a glitch that is over 5 years old?

Im sure theres more and I also love the game and series but it is just a joke that we are going to get blindsided into paying more money while our original purchase payed for NONEXISTENT content

Shadowboxin- ]

The fact that you have to reconfigure your loadout every round if you want grenades as your secondary

And the biggest has got to be....THE SAME EXACT COMPUTER ROOM GLITCH FROM SOCOM 2!!!! How can you not fix a glitch that is over 5 years old?

Im sure theres more and I also love the game and series but it is just a joke that we are going to get blindsided into paying more money while our original purchase payed for NONEXISTENT content

We don't know that it's going to cost money, we don't know that it's even legit. I do agree on the friends list lag and the ridiculous game freezes. In my case this is my first socom, at least my first socom that I played seriously. I probably logged 10 hours total play time with 2 and because of that I'm probably more impressed with the maps than most. However even with my lack of socom gameplay prior to confrontation from what I gather the improvements applied to Desert Glory, Frostfire and Crossroads are phenomenal and ANY TIME I'm on and maps are discussed PLENTY of people routinely bring up past maps they wish Slant Six would bring back so let's not bitch about a few rehashes as long as they are done well.

I guess I'm just not a doom and gloomer and while the game is flawed MOST of us are still enjoying it because of our above average clans and a great tournament site like Urgent Fury. I'm certainly a "glass half full" kind of guy and would like to believe the DLC will be free because Slant 6 wants to make good on their mistakes. If it costs money I'm going to be paying and I'm sure many will do the same. If the game is so ridiculously flawed why are so many of us still playing it? out of principle? some sort of hard lined hate? The doom and gloom belongs over at the SCEA boards....

CDBS14 ]
RNG187 ]

well backlash' date=' i have a PS eye(which i can now use on windows, ty big daddy banshee!!) if this shit DOES hit the fan you'll see it. along with everyone else on these forums(free of charge, donations are accepted.)

[/quote']

wait see what?

read above, look at my post. then backlash's, then my post again. then write stupid on your forehead backwards and look in a mirror.

RNG187 ]
CDBS14 ]
RNG187 ]

well backlash' date=' i have a PS eye(which i can now use on windows, ty big daddy banshee!!) if this shit DOES hit the fan you'll see it. along with everyone else on these forums(free of charge, donations are accepted.)

[/quote']

wait see what?

read above, look at my post. then backlash's, then my post again. then write stupid on your forehead backwards and look in a mirror.

ok i get it.

CDBS14 ]
RNG187 ]
CDBS14 ]
RNG187 ]

[/quote']

wait see what?

ok i get it.

:D:) ;D :-*

Rorbotron ]
Shadowboxin- ]

Im sure theres more and 1.) I also love the game and series but it is just a joke that we are going to get blindsided into paying more money while our original purchase payed for NONEXISTENT content

We don't know that it's going to cost money, we don't know that it's even legit. I do agree on the friends list lag and the ridiculous game freezes. 2.) In my case this is my first socom, at least my first socom that I played seriously. I probably logged 10 hours total play time with 2 and because of that I'm probably more impressed with the maps than most. However even with my lack of socom gameplay prior to confrontation from what I gather the improvements applied to Desert Glory, Frostfire and Crossroads are phenomenal and ANY TIME I'm on and maps are discussed PLENTY of people 3.) routinely bring up past maps they wish Slant Six would bring back so let's not bitch about a few rehashes as long as they are done well.

4.) I guess I'm just not a doom and gloomer and while the game is flawed MOST of us are still enjoying it because of our above average clans and a great tournament site like Urgent Fury. I'm certainly a "glass half full" kind of guy and 5.) would like to believe the DLC will be free because Slant 6 wants to make good on their mistakes. If it costs money I'm going to be paying and I'm sure many will do the same. If the game is so ridiculously flawed why are so many of us still playing it? out of principle? some sort of hard lined hate? 6.) The doom and gloom belongs over at the SCEA boards....

1.) I have stated that I still love the game and am enjoying it but at the same time I can still point out the obvious failures. I can also point out the appalling effort to reel in more money while they sold an original defective product and gave us two failed patches.

2.) I can already tell that this is your first socom from the sheer defensiveness coming from your posts. Obviously there are some things you can not and will not understand when reading our complaints because you have not experienced past games. But just because we have some complaints doesnt mean we are not enjoying the graphics and other positive things to come from /6.

3.) Dont you find it a little sad that they are asking /6 to airbrush old maps instead of making new maps. This may be because /6 failed in making their maps. Fallen might be the only good one and that has plenty of flaws as well. I personally would love to see an advancement in maps instead of playing the same maps for over 5 years.

4.) Just because I dont have my eyes closed doesnt mean that im a doom and gloomer. Once again you are most likely looking at our complaints in this light due to the fact that you are new to the series while the rest of us have seen better output on an inferior system.

5.) Wanna buy a bridge??

6.) Adult conversation that contains two differing opinions has a place at any board....

Art-Man1 ]

I see this happening, first they will come out with the major patch to fix the outstanding issues. Now with a couple months of so called testing for this to make sure everything goes nice and smooth we will have 5 times the problems we have now after its release. Then it will take them about a month or so to fix what the patch messed up. Then I am sure that there will be some small 50 or so things that they forgot to include in said big patch so they will have to patch the patch and then patch that patch to fix its screw ups. Then just before Christmas time when oh say COD Modern Warefare 2 comes out they will release the map pac with all the other crap in it for $12.99 jus to try and keep things fresh. This is just my opinion. I also love playing Socom so no bashing on socom just bashing Sony and /6

Thats exactly what they are going to do. First patch fix issues then later on down the road the big patch that you are talking about.

Shadowboxin- ]
Rorbotron ]
Shadowboxin- ]

Im sure theres more and 1.) I also love the game and series but it is just a joke that we are going to get blindsided into paying more money while our original purchase payed for NONEXISTENT content

We don't know that it's going to cost money, we don't know that it's even legit. I do agree on the friends list lag and the ridiculous game freezes. 2.) In my case this is my first socom, at least my first socom that I played seriously. I probably logged 10 hours total play time with 2 and because of that I'm probably more impressed with the maps than most. However even with my lack of socom gameplay prior to confrontation from what I gather the improvements applied to Desert Glory, Frostfire and Crossroads are phenomenal and ANY TIME I'm on and maps are discussed PLENTY of people 3.) routinely bring up past maps they wish Slant Six would bring back so let's not bitch about a few rehashes as long as they are done well.

4.) I guess I'm just not a doom and gloomer and while the game is flawed MOST of us are still enjoying it because of our above average clans and a great tournament site like Urgent Fury. I'm certainly a "glass half full" kind of guy and 5.) would like to believe the DLC will be free because Slant 6 wants to make good on their mistakes. If it costs money I'm going to be paying and I'm sure many will do the same. If the game is so ridiculously flawed why are so many of us still playing it? out of principle? some sort of hard lined hate? 6.) The doom and gloom belongs over at the SCEA boards....

1.) I have stated that I still love the game and am enjoying it but at the same time I can still point out the obvious failures. I can also point out the appalling effort to reel in more money while they sold an original defective product and gave us two failed patches.

2.) I can already tell that this is your first socom from the sheer defensiveness coming from your posts. Obviously there are some things you can not and will not understand when reading our complaints because you have not experienced past games. But just because we have some complaints doesnt mean we are not enjoying the graphics and other positive things to come from /6.

3.) Dont you find it a little sad that they are asking /6 to airbrush old maps instead of making new maps. This may be because /6 failed in making their maps. Fallen might be the only good one and that has plenty of flaws as well. I personally would love to see an advancement in maps instead of playing the same maps for over 5 years.

4.) Just because I dont have my eyes closed doesnt mean that im a doom and gloomer. Once again you are most likely looking at our complaints in this light due to the fact that you are new to the series while the rest of us have seen better output on an inferior system.

5.) Wanna buy a bridge??

6.) Adult conversation that contains two differing opinions has a place at any board....

I'm all for adult conversation and maybe came across a little ignorant in my previous post. What I meant with the "doom and gloom" comment is all people do on SCEA is bitch and moan, we all know the flaws that exist with Confrontation I don't see the point in discussing the obvious. I did play Socom 1 and 2 just not anywhere close to as often as I'm currently playing confrontation. I understand I'm out of the loop in that regard and a little more forgiving because of it. However I'm also not naive. I consider myself a pretty hardcore Madden Gamer and have grown pretty frustrated with that franchise as I'm sure you are frustrated with Confrontation so believe me I understand why you feel the way you feel. I hate this years Madden but years prior I looked past the obvious flaws because I was still enjoying the game and playing it on a daily basis.

I guess what I'm saying is there isn't really a point to constantly pointing out the games flaws when we know they exist and seeing as Slant 6 is new to the series I don't think it's far fetched they would try and make things right with free DLC to make up for their obvious mistakes.

I'm also argumentative but do like to think I remain civil and mature in my exchanges. I get in to it constructively with my founders about Socom and the flaws anytime it comes up while we're in game or on the message board. I am a little "socom ignorant" due to inexperience. Sorry if I came across a little brash. :-*(lol) 8)

its funny you bring up Madden cause I was a huge Madden gamer until people kept doing the juke glitch online LOL.

Yea I would love for them to make things right but with Sony losing money and the economy running like a brick shithouse I just cant see it.

I hear what youre saying about the flaws but they were requested to be pointed out, by Cynical ;D

Shadowboxin- ]

its funny you bring up Madden cause I was a huge Madden gamer until people kept doing the juke glitch online LOL.

Yea I would love for them to make things right but with Sony losing money and the economy running like a brick shithouse I just cant see it.

I hear what youre saying about the flaws but they were requested to be pointed out, by Cynical ;D

I stopped playing the rest of 09 for a few reasons. They completely ruined the "user end" of the game. I can snag user picks like crazy but the user catch is all but gone. You can't touch pass to save your life so if you're trying to drop a ball on a cover 2 or any defense for that matter its damn near impossible to lob. The defense tips a TON of balls in via those tips ridiculous INT"s often occur AND they finally fix the lack of blocking on punts and kick offs but do to such a degree that it's too damn easy to get long ass returns.

As far as Killzone 2 is concerned it looks awesome. I also played the F.E.A.R 2 demo for the first time today and MAN what a awesome Demo and sure to be a awesome game. I can't stop playing it.

RNG187 ]

well backlash, i have a PS eye(which i can now use on windows, ty big daddy banshee!!) if this shit DOES hit the fan you'll see it. along with everyone else on these forums(free of charge, donations are accepted.)

Nice I have one of the 6 VIP seats!

Also let me make this clear. I -DO- truly enjoy playing this game or I wouldn't log 4-8 hours on it almost every day. The game is fun when it works properly, but these fixes would make the gameplay more like a next gen should be. A lot of my fun on this game though comes from my clanmates and friends, I don't play in rooms by myself; it's just not fun by yourself imo.