Which car would you buy?

I got 3500 right now, but I don't need a car as of yet so lets say I got 2-3 more months to save up and I am looking into buying a used Luxury car. I like the Cadillac's STS and DTS, but every Dope boy in my hood has one so I was thinking of getting something else, any suggestions?

2000 STS

mystspic.bmp

1998 DTS

Cadillac_STS_006.jpg

Those are just an idea of what I want and Nacku I am not sure if I can afford an BMW!!

LMFAO!!!! Check it out.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Cars-Trucks___W0QQMake247a0eZBMW1016cQQModel4710b09Z7Series313ff8edQQGeneration890a8538Z19952001a681dda8QQ_flnZ1QQ_sopZYear29fc5dQ5fASCQQ_ssovZ1QQ_trksidZp4506Q2ec0Q2em1QQ_madZ1?_trksid=p4506.c0.m1

As long as someone kept it clean, these late models are still sick. Most of them have features that American companies just started adding to their lineups. ;D

KingJunK ]

And what features might that be?

And these are slick and it's not too many round here so seeing one every where won't be a problem! Also what are the repair bills like?

And I know 1 thing my insurance is gonna be sky high!!

It depends. If you are fairly handy with a wrench, most of the repairs are harmless. INsurance is not high. It's a "late" model. If you are serious, do some homework. Here is a website dedicated to the e38. That is the model 7 series I linked you too. It gives you a TON of info to look aat before you buy, as well as known issues.

http://www.e38.org/

Playerdown ]

Money your car is depressing the american people, my car is better than yours. once you wake up and find out what the automakers are really up to, you'll be singing a differnet tune. Chili, you're wrong too, i can't believe you would even say that. >:(

I would never buy a Toyota after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

That is one hot-ass sig.

;)

Playerdown ]

Money your car is depressing the american people, my car is better than yours. once you wake up and find out what the automakers are really up to, you'll be singing a differnet tune. Chili, you're wrong too, i can't believe you would even say that. >:(

I would never buy a Toyota after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

LOL. Not my fault the Germans got their shit together in the auto industry. ;D

That is a hot sig.

Trust me.. I'm all for buying American..!

But if you only have $3500, is a 10 year old Caddy/Lincoln really the smart way to go..?

Times are tough.. you got to think smart, think long term during this recession.

But as soon as i get out of my personal slump (S.A.G. is killing me) i'll be looking at a new (or less than 2 years old) F250 Diesel. ;D

What about Chrysler? All of the 300 series back to 2001 is very nice.

Those are ok cars. I've driven quite a few of them. When we do buy american, it is dodge/chrysler. I'm know the owner of our dealership and he let's me take stuff all the time when the car is getting serviced.

If you can't afford the 300 loaded, it's not that great. Without all the sound proofing and everything, they don't feel like a luxury car should. I'd take the caddy over the 300.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

dont hink that just cau you dont have a lot of cash that you cant have something newer and nicer. on jan. 31st there was an auto auction in utah that my dad and his wife attended. they bought a 2006 chevy tahoe, fully loaded, 43,000 miles for $5500. he also told me that if they would have waited a little longer that a 2007 cadillac escalade sold for $7000. the dealers in the less populated states are kinda nervous now with the banks being pricks about financing - most banks want 30% down on a new truck right now - so these auctions are selling more and more cars to the general public and they are going very cheap.

xPUDDYTATx ]

dont hink that just cau you dont have a lot of cash that you cant have something newer and nicer. on jan. 31st there was an auto auction in utah that my dad and his wife attended. they bought a 2006 chevy tahoe, fully loaded, 43,000 miles for $5500. he also told me that if they would have waited a little longer that a 2007 cadillac escalade sold for $7000. the dealers in the less populated states are kinda nervous now with the banks being pricks about financing - most banks want 30% down on a new truck right now - so these auctions are selling more and more cars to the general public and they are going very cheap.

That wasn't a dealer auction? That is awesome. I've been to a dealer auction before with a friend ith a re-sale, but if they are opening them up to the pubby, that is good news.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
BigMoneyNacku ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

That wasn't a dealer auction? That is awesome. I've been to a dealer auction before with a friend ith a re-sale, but if they are opening them up to the pubby, that is good news.

it was a dealer auction open to the public because the dealer interest was verylow. there are a few more coming up, and im thinking roadtrip!!

LOL

No. Actually, a funny true story, at least I think it's funny. When people ask me about it, I tell them the truth.

"That's what college tuition looks like when you don't give it to the college. About 2 years ago I finally saved enough to get my daughter through college, and when I no longer had to save that money, I decided to spend it on myself."

And Wa La. A two seater convertible I have wanted since I started driving. Goes along nicely with the Harley I bought back in 2002. I drove a Ford Ranger for 13 years while saving for my kid's education, she's getting her's and I am getting mine now finally. I'm a wind in your hair type of guy.

HogWild ]

LOL

No. Actually, a funny true story, at least I think it's funny. When people ask me about it, I tell them the truth.

"That's what college tuition looks like when you don't give it to the college. About 2 years ago I finally saved enough to get my daughter through college, and when I no longer had to save that money, I decided to spend it on myself."

And Wa La. A two seater convertible I have wanted since I started driving. Goes along nicely with the Harley I bought back in 2002. I drove a Ford Ranger for 13 years while saving for my kid's education, she's getting her's and I am getting mine now finally. I'm a wind in your hair type of guy.

nice dude. lucky, and thats a nice car too.