Need Computer Help

Just 5000kb? That is about 5 mb which is nothing considering the size of hard drives today.

If you have Windows Vista, right click on your C: Drive and click properties. A pie chart should come up telling you the amount of disk spaced is used and how much you have free. If you have Windows XP, just right click My Computer and click properties to bring up the disk space information. If you do not have 5 megabytes free then you either have a shit load of stuff on your computer or you have a small hard drive.

I am pretty sure that is the problem. The new upgrade is probably reading the C: Drive.

Go to Run and type in cmd. This brings up the command prompt and you type in "subst: C: F:\" (if F is you primary drive), without the quotes.

What this does is map the C: drive to an existing folder (F: in your case). After you do that you should be able to run the install.

I hope this helps, if it doesn't let you subst then I am not sure what your problem could be.

Red0ctobeR ]

I have been trying to get Flash Player V10 on my computer. But I get an error message claiming I have insufficient disk space. And that I need 5000 kb. Well I have checked everything on my computer and I can't delete enough shit off this POS. Any help would be appreciated.

Red0ctobeR ]

I have PLENTY of disc space. That isn't the problem.

Sounds confusing.. :-\

Matty, Why would his F drive be the primary..!? (how would this happen, & him not know about it)

I am unsure how F: became the primary drive, because if he has Windows XP SP2 or later, you aren't allowed to change the OS which would be C:.

The only thing I can think of is when he installed Windows he had a flash drive or USB stick in the computer and Windows gave the flash drive C: and named his primary drive F:.

Hmmm. I am almost certain that is the problem. If it is not I am at a loss.

The reason you are getting that error code is because the path (C:) is invalid, meaning the drive letter is in physical use and is not available. I can bet one of your removable drives is labeled as C:. If it is then let me know because I am going to want to change your removable drive letter.

If you are on Vista do this:

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Switch to Classic View

3. Click Administrative Tools

4. Click Computer Management

5. Click Disk Management

6. Right click on your C: Drive

7. Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

8. Click Change

9. Change the Letter on the drop down next to "Assign the following drive letter"

10. Give it a letter that is not a drive anywhere, like H: or something

Okay what this does is changes your C: Drive to H: and that should allow you to use the subst command.

So do Run, type in cmd again to open the command prompt and type in:

subst C: F:\ make sure it is a backslash

Then try to do the install. If it doesn't let you then I am all out of ideas.