So I was briefly over at Chaos Tactics...

Guest NEO-X

on the main page And I downloaded the video trailer thingy.. and during one of the parts it says:

"Will you fight for Honor, or will you fight for greed... You must choose"

Wasnt UF2 = Urgent Fury of Honor and Greed??

I kinda agree with king.

They are trying to do their thing and it is just the fact that so many other tournaments are in the shadow of this tournament. The fact is it would take all of them years to catch up with this tournament. It is so far ahead of everyone else that they probably won't be able to ever catch up. They offer some of the same play but have a different style. I don't think they are infringing on anything unless they actually said that was the name.

Copyright-wise, it DOES matter.

I take many cues from this in my publishing field.

When you create something, it's beautiful to see it come to fruition, and it's horrifying to see it copied by someone/something that was too lazy to do something original on their own.

Thank you for the heads up, Sniper and I will be investigating this, and there's no further need to give this thread any responses. Otherwise, we're just giving this other tournament something ELSE that they don't deserve here, and that's attention.

Thank you for informing us.

Guest Stealthknight

Im sorry but a phrase isnt something that came from here.  When i made it it had nothing to do with UF and i have been ignoring everyone saying we Copied UF for a long time.  Yes I liked how UF was set up but UF wasnt the first set up like this.  Did the UF creators not get the idea from Socom Quest and make it better?   Well that is what i did.   I saw UF and saw things i liked and didnt like and now i see UF also borrowing a few ideas from me but you dont here me going around saying anything.   Wasnt it the original CT that started the use of Aloowing soldiers to be stolen and moved in to other clans?  Wasnt it the original CT that limited the number of cities you had and depending on your soldiersw also determined how many cities you could hold?    We all borrow tings but the simple fact is that I saw something i liked but didnt like how it was run and decided to make something i thought was better.  Now i dont have all the tools available that UF does so its not as fancy but we do just fine.   And had CT not risen up would it have pushed UF to become even better?   Would it have pushed you to do things like Podcast and offer prizes just so you stand out?

Undertow you know damn well we tried to join and we had our differences and I know you dont have much respect for me as i dont have much for you either but the one thing I did respect was that even with everything happening you guys kept going and kept trying to make the clans still involved here feel at home.    After running my own tourny and seeing what comes with the territory as an Admin and dealing with all the same accusations and problems you have had i startted to gain a bit more respect for what you guys do but i HONESTLY did not and do not intend to make another UF.  CT has its own variations and set-ups and playstyles and rules.     We differ as much from you as you did from Socom Quest   and as much as eSeals did from GB and as much as EVERY OTHER TOURNAMENT SITE EVER CREATED who wanted to do something better.

And as someone said here no as far as name recognition and capabilities with web development, and sponsorships we have not caught up but i plan on trying and not to be like UF but to better my community and make it more interactive for the people involved.   I dont mean to post this as an arguement just staing my side and i think you believing what we said in the 2 second long part of my intro video is copyright infringement is rediculous.   It is a simple phrase used to show the difference between the 2 Goverments we have set up for this seasons tournament.    All 3 of our tournaments ran together as a trilogy which is also something i havent seen done here.  Sory if you take it to heart but UF is not what we want to be but you have a very nice community here and i wouldnt mind keeping up my efforts so my community gets as active as this one has.

Well good luck in the future, i just needed to say my piece,

ShadowOfaSolja (CT Admin)