Modern Warfare -OR- World at War

Ok....there has been enough buzz about wanting a tourney for the CoD series.

We had announced them a while back but had some serious work to get done with the upcoming TACMAP tourney, Chain Reaction.

There seems to be a very strong camp on both sides of CoD....for WaW and for MW.

So we'd like to hear from the community which is pulling the most weight....and then DELIVER!

So get your votes in!

Keep the poll bumped to the top!

And if you have an entire CLAN that wants one of these tourneys to roll out, then get them all here to the forum to sign up and VOTE!

Urgent Fury will be rolling out a tourney for ONE of the two; CoD: MW or CoD: WaW.

We will eventually do both, as promised, BUT one will be developed first.

And of course, if you have clans that you play with online that are not yet here at UF....then get them to Hell Week!

Vote's on.

Let's see what y'all say!

- TOW

(This is NOT console-specific. Regardless of which title wins, sign-ups FOR that title will go up in both Xbox and PS3 format. The # of sign-ups for that format will determine if the tourney launches)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MaluNYMets ]

Just a suggestion though. I think from the general feel around and my own clans COD clan most likely making the switch to Killzone 2 we should wait till it comes out just so we know what are people going to be playing two weeks from now.

There really hasn't been much buzz about KZ2 over here except for when CD posts. I think most people are still yearning for a COD tournament. COD would probably be best since most people still do it and it has already been played before in UF. KZ2 is a noobs game ;)

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

The reason why I wouldn't vote for KZ in any situation is because UF is about Military Shooters.. I find KZ as more of a futuristic shooter. I'd think it would always be best if it stayed in the Socom-CoD range.

Its still a shooter. I find its going to be a popular game too so it might be really good if we get a tourney out right away for it. COD is getting kind of old now..

MaluNYMets ]
Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

The reason why I wouldn't vote for KZ in any situation is because UF is about Military Shooters.. I find KZ as more of a futuristic shooter. I'd think it would always be best if it stayed in the Socom-CoD range.

Its still a shooter. I find its going to be a popular game too so it might be really good if we get a tourney out right away for it. COD is getting kind of old now..

Well I mean if being a shooter is the only thing that goes into determining a tournament, then there are hundreds of possibilities of tournaments with other games. I just don't think KZ would fit.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Well I mean if being a shooter is the only thing that goes into determining a tournament, then there are hundreds of possibilities of tournaments with other games. I just don't think KZ would fit.

Not really, as no other game is/will be as popular as Killzone 2. If UF does Call of Duty, then they have no choice in doing Killzone 2, in my opinion. I'd be disappointed if they didn't.

The only real problem i see with Killzone 2 is we don't know if it is going to be as good as it seems. (remember GTAIV ;))

So no tourney can be set in motion until we play the game and KNOW it is worthy.

As far as What era shooter UF does, i think if any shooter can work than why not Halo 3, it still has more people playing it than most games.!? Or do we need to specify what comes out of the guns, or what kind of armor they wear, or if there are multiple planets involved in the story.. OR can't it just be a good game to qualify..!!?? (I'm just playing devils advocate here, don't trip)

I still think Rogue Warrior sounds like a great possibility along with CoD:MW2. (those are my personal picks.!)

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I always thought of the UF as more of a "Clan based" gaming community. If Killzone 2 has clan support (which is missing in all the games out there right now) I can see it becoming a game of choice for a lot of people. GRAW & Rainbow 6 Vegas were great "military type" shooters that weren't played here (mostly due to the lack of clan support). ToP BiLLiN has a few people spread around right now playing NHL 09, CoD WaW, Left 4 Dead, and a few other things but our intrest in a "clan" game right now is Killzone 2.

And the reason there isn't much said around here about Killzone 2 is because all you unhappy Socom believers jump down the throats of anybody that posts something different. This "used" to be a Socom site but it's grown to be a gaming community and I thinks thats a good thing. There is PLENTY of hype around this game and a lot of clans are waiting patiently with their fingers crossed for it to drop.