QUIT TALKING!

This is probably the EASIEST rule NOT to break in a UF4 war room.....and yet we CONTINUALLY get reports of asses that simply CANNOT keep that finger off the mic button for TEN DAMN SECONDS!

What's the matter with your gunners??

I'm SERIOUSLY pondering this question, not just typing it for the hell of it.

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOUR GUNNERS??

Tell them NOT to talk in your practice room.

When you're IN the war room, tell them NOT to talk.

IF they talk, just boot them out of your clan because you now have SOLID evidence that you have a MORON in your midst, and you made an honest mistake in recruiting them when you gave them one of your coveted clan tags.

It AIN'T that hard, folks.

This simply ASTOUNDS me sometimes.

ONE simple f'n rule..........jeeezus.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tow, it's those twitchy fingers... it's gotta be. They want to go all "willie nillie" on that mic, and they're so wrapped up in their need to say something that it causes temporary blindness (and a little insanity), so they can't see the TV screen long enough to realize the countdown has already started. It's a common side effect of so-crack. HATE THE DISEASE, NOT THE PLAYER.

The above statement is 100% sarcasm, and those unable to catch it should promptly receive a punch in the face via email.

Guest KingJunk

I am NOT gone lie I HATE this rule and to me it's SO DUMB will someone PLEASE explain to me what effect does talking during the countdown has to do with the war? Yeah I know its a respect thing I guess but you want to penalize a guy for saying "Good Luck" at the very start of the countdown I mean I understand if the guy was using foul language and bad mouthing the other clan but sometimes members from each side just be carrying on a normal peaceful conversation and now you wanna make things all crazy because 1 guy was talking during the countdown and it don't even always be like that most of the time its probably its the first second and when the clock pops up the guy usually lets the L3 go but if he continues then yeah ok penalize him but to use this rule on someone who was talking not even a full second is just silly too me.

I will respect the rule and follow it but I think its sad that I have to tell me clan NOT to talk to the other clan at all because I do not want to get hit with a round loss because somebody talked not even a full second when the clock starts up.

And another thing HOW can you honestly tell and get 100% proof solid evidence that someone talked during the countdown? I mean I will man up to this rule if one of my members was talking and I knew and could tell but at times if someone is just saying "Good Luck" at the very start how can you tell who it was from either side?

This is just my opinion which I hope I can say without being bashed on.

Some people think it lags the room, which is a load of crock. Your playing on socom servers your gonna have lag because of that or host, if Zipper thought it would lag during those last 10 secs they would have disabled the mics for it.

But to know who talked during the countdown all you have to do is leave the room and come back and it will show the last person to talk down in the usual spot and if you have a capture card you have exact proof, but if you come in the room late and werent in there when it started then it shows the name of the last person talking in the lobby you were just in.

But they have the rule because yes of respect and just because it is easier to get the thing going with only 2 people talking.

We've developed that rule over the course of the beginning of UF. We like to cover all of our bases and yes, sometimes some of these rules may seem insignificant but they are there for a reason. As some of you that have been here since UF1 like Chili's Warriors, they can tell you how the rules have been modified and adapted for gameplay. The first set of rules were good but there were holes in them and when we tried to fix them during the course of the tournament, we (admins) were accussed of modifying the rules for the benefit of certain clans which was B.S. So after refining the rules everytime over the course of 3 tours (4 with this one) we have come up with a pretty solid, air tight set of rules. They are kind of long but they are made that way for a reason.

Like Tow said, the talking issue should not even be a problem. Rooms should be up 10 minutes before the start of the war and there is nothing wrong with talking during that time but there should be one team leader on each side (not necessarily the clan leader) who is in charge of their team and when every one is in the room and ready to go all they have to do is let their team and the other team know that they are ready to green up. At that point, the team leader in charge can say "Good luck" or whatever and that should signal everyone else to stop talking. Then when one team greens up, the other team can green up as well, initiate the countdown and start the match. It's simple.

It's a simple rule and we expect it to be followed. If we let people slide by on one rule then it spreads to other rules and we are not going to let that happen.

This tournament is not only a test of skill but of discipline. Follow the rules or pay the consequences. And remember that this tournament is a privilege not a right so please respect the rules as minor as they may seem and abide by them. Thanks.

KingJunk..

If someone is talking when the timer pops up, they just need to let go of the button, they aren't penalized for talking less than one second.

Also the reason is we dont want last word.. yes i know "they" have said it doesn't lag up a room, but i know for a fact people get booted more often when some gets cut off from last word.

UF would probably be ok with stopping at 5 seconds, but if you give an inch people take a mile so they have to stand firm, because people are idiots..

I let my guys talk all they want in the lobby to get to know the other clans.. but i do make an announcement in the lobby to ask if everyone is ready, & that im going to green up.. (my clan knows NOT to green up until i green up)

It is a little sketchy when the other clan is completely green, but i think it works just fine.!

• Directors

If I may, the thing that bothers me the most about this past week, is not so much the fact that a few of you have slipped up and spoken during the countdown (seeing as how there are a number of new clans to the community, it was bound to happen), but the fact that the guilty parties haven't just admitted it.

I can't recall ever having to rely on "proof" in regard to this particular infraction. Honor is the very foundation of this community, and if you won't admit you screwed the pooch and talked during the countdown, then it's safe to say, that you may not admit other infractions. It's no different than any other form of cheating in my opinion.

Mistakes will be made, but every shooter here should know by now, that they are expected to be mature enough to admit it when you screw up.

So, your dictionary words for today are Honor & Integrity.

• there is unfortunately no way to prove who the offender is when this rule gets broken.  

this [ i believe ] causes some people to take advantage of this rule in a couple of ways.

1. were in, they talk and accuse the other clan of talking, then take a round by typing.  this really can really through a clan for a loop and cause them to play poorly, especially if they really believe they truly believe they did not talk. not to mention now they have to decide weather or not to dispute the call. if you know for sure one of your guys did talk well its no big deal.

2. people say things to try and trick people into talking, i suppose this is a legit tactic. they kinda do it in football right? to get people move before they are supposed to.[ i hate football ]

• not everyone sees the countdown at exactly the same time.

+

• people get really wound up when playing in this tournament.  i do believe there is another active post right now that talks about just that.  

is it possible that this rule should just be a guideline for respectful clan behavior.  since it can not be proved and it seems to be causing so much controversy

• Directors
is it possible that this rule should just be a guideline for respectful clan behavior. since it can not be proved and it seems to be causing so much controversy

See Sniper's post above^^^^

What's that little symbol between Honor And Integrity=?

That, my friend, is called an ampersand. Thank you....and good night.

forest42 ]

• there is unfortunately no way to prove who the offender is when this rule gets broken.  

this [ i believe ] causes some people to take advantage of this rule in a couple of ways.

But to know who talked during the countdown all you have to do is leave the room and come back and it will show the last person to talk, down in the usual spot and if you have a capture card you have exact proof, but if you come in the room late and werent in there when it started then it shows the name of the last person talking in the lobby you were just in.

forest42 ]

But to know who talked during the countdown all you have to do is leave the room and come back and it will show the last person to talk, down in the usual spot and if you have a capture card you have exact proof, but if you come in the room late and werent in there when it started then it shows the name of the last person talking in the lobby you were just in.

i must say thank you for this bit of information. i will use it when i must.

the problem i have with this are:

why should i have to leave the room and come back to get proof my team did not talk, what if the guys with the camera cards don't die till the end of the round? what if the round starts before the person who had to jump out gets back now his team has to play a man down. what if the team you are playing had to start a man down or you are plying on the Merc side?, now you have to leapfrog back to the game, more time wasted.

All when the clans you are playing are supposed to be playing with Honor & Integrity.

like i said i did not know you could do this and if we have to we will uses it. sorry i missed it the 1st time you posed it. this thread is going very fast and i type very slow.

It will stay there till the game ends or your in another lobby, but no prob.

And if they are playing mandown, then you already have an advantage on them since they can't bring a guy in so you don't really need the round for them talkin in the lobby

Edmaster ]

They want to go all "willie nillie" on that mic.

LOL the Midnight Mass on Friday! That shit was funny as hell.

Tow: What should I do with the bomb

Smoke: Let's take it in slowly

Tow: I think I should go all willie nillie with it too!

Smoke: NO TOW!!!

Random Mic in: Tow you really love the willie nillie tonight

Tow: I LOVE THE WILLIE!

Moments later Tow was taken out by an M3 lol. Funny shit.

Guest KingJunk
Chili-Palmer ]

KingJunk..

If someone is talking when the timer pops up' date=' they just need to let go of the button, they aren't penalized for talking less than one second.[/quote']

Without going deep into detail I was penalized for it and I truly could NOT tell if it was my guy or not even after the proof was submitted.

Also Sniper very well, I like how you put things.

Johnson30 ]

.I think the problem here is not about clans who talk and admit it. It's about the clans who abuse the rule to receive wins.

You put the nail in the Coffin!

Also Forest you are so right also!

I mean if it happens to me again and I know for a fact it was one of my men I will admit to it and man up to it but I do think that if there is a dispute on it that some evidence should be provided. I know for a fact it will NOT happen to me again because I just find it more ez to start the war without any headaches and if the other clan wants to talk then we will have to wait till after the war.

I don't Know if [JyK] is still conside rd a new clan round here but we got through the WHOLE UF Black Tourney without being penalized for anything especially not this!

Ohh and Viper you summed somethings up for me also!

damn ...we are not in the tourney but my opinion is

this is a very silly but very,very simple rule it has been around since socom 2

not just in tourneys...

once your captain or leader greens up .no talking bottom line.. no exceptions.

in our clan they dont green up till i green up and not a word after i or said leader greens up

called the green up rule

i will always tell my guys i am about to green up no talking are ya'll ready(that sentence usually does the trick)even for the other clan

and if by chance some one from the other team talks then we would say o fucking well and play cause it eventually has no fact on the outcome of the war..

people will always test the rules

so if you play s!k..please dont talk the last ten seconds and if you do you suck and thats all we will say    lol

there was an overwhelming responce to this thread

at least i thought so

Heres what bothers me, personally about this.......please do not think Im disrespecting anyone

Out of all the rules that are stated in UF4s "RuleBook", this is the easiest one to follow. I understand that some rules are hard to understand at first, but this is not one of them. If someone from Hollow Ground did this, theyd get yelled at but we know that its against the rules and thats that, round lost. Everyone must realize that there are "pointless" laws in every state(http://www.dumblaws.com). I am not saying this is a pointless rule Im just saying that if you think its pointless then you dont understand why this rule stands. Personally I see this rule as something that military personel learn in BMT(Basic Military Training/Bootcamp), its called "Attention to Detail". The reason this bothers me is because some people see it as pointless and if they think its pointless, they will break the rule. I dont care if people break this rule, but your clan mates will and its very disrespectful to the people who made the rule. So, my advise is.........Suck it up and deal with it, its a rule that requires people to shut their mouths. I personally thing its the easiest rule to follow in UF4. Savage Out!

damn ...we are not in the tourney but my opinion is

this is a very silly but very,very simple rule it has been around since socom 2

not just in tourneys...

once your captain or leader greens up .no talking bottom line.. no exceptions.

in our clan they dont green up till i green up and not a word after i or said leader greens up

called the green up rule

i will always tell my guys i am about to green up no talking are ya'll ready(that sentence usually does the trick)even for the other clan

and if by chance some one from the other team talks then we would say o fucking well and play cause it eventually has no fact on the outcome of the war..

people will always test the rules

so if you play s!k..please dont talk the last ten seconds and if you do you suck and thats all we will say    lol

there was an overwhelming responce to this thread

at least i thought so

STREET, I have my clan do the EXACT same thing. I give my clan ample time to get their weapons, check their spawn points and then I say good luck to the other clan, and once I green up, no one is to use the mic FOR ANY REASON. They can team chat to me using the key board if needed. But we also call it the GREEN UP RULE. Its really not that hard.

And its your opinion to call the rule stupid, but not to be able to follow it, IS EVEN MORE STUPID!!! I like the idea, and yes I do believe it causes lag, or mass drops when people hold the mic during that 10 seconds.